2.3 patch notes

S

Stuvvie

PTR sucks :p Tried a couple of times to get on but keeps saying too much traffic ><

Cataclysm

May 5, 2007
'Requires EXACTLY 2 Blue Gems'

Yeah, great, they really have been thinking about us casters there..... :dry:

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Cataclysm said:
'Requires EXACTLY 2 Blue Gems'

Yeah, great, they really have been thinking about us casters there..... :dry:

Which casters actually socket stamina gems without being forced to? :p

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Ret:
new-fanaticism.jpg

Ranged MS:
new-aimed-shot.jpg

Hemo buff:
hemo-buff.jpg

Santur

Emo Rap Fan
Oct 9, 2007
Cronosone said:
Also:

Dead Zone reduced (there is still one, but its very small like 1 yard).
Hmm, thats kinda strange. Aimed Shot tool tip says 4-37y, and melee used to be 0-5y. Unless they lowered melee range to 0-3y there shouldn't be one.... patch at 85%, we'll see soon! Oh well, anyway, it'll be great when pillar dancing :D

S

Stuvvie

Anshrr said:
Joyma said:
Hemo buff:
hemo-buff.jpg

You sure that's a buff? I see the damage increase, but it's 10 charges instead of 30, pretty sure 3-5 melee will spend those 10 charges before the 15 sec cd is up.... :unsure:

It's a amazing buff rogue wise and it's not ment to be a raid buff, it's a solo/pvp build and at this time it's the most redicilous form of damage for pvp. Since the damage buff was 10 and now will be 36, well I am just gonna quote ming since he can do this way better :p

Ming:

After being the laughing stock of rogue specs, hemo made one glorious comeback on Friday night when the debuff was improved from +10 damage to +36 damage. For a hemo rogue with 2.6 mainhand, this is the equivalent of +140 attack power (and much more for offhand if you are using a 1.5 offhand weapon) over the old hemo debuff.

+36 damage is about 194 AP over combat mace rogues without the debuff, throw in -560 armor from serrated blades, and the fact AR/hemo has all the white damage enhancing talents of standard combat mace, this gives AR/hemo roughly 8-10% higher white damage against cloth/leather! I still have to test whether the +36 damage ignores armor, would be too good if it does.

So AR/prep has significantly higher white damage than 41 combat, what about yellow damage? Let's take a look at season 3 mace, 1500 AP:

Damage Per 40 Energy

Sinister Strike 10? 623
Sinister Strike 10?Aggression? 660
Sinister Strike 10+Aggression+Surprise Attacks? 726
Hemo (With +36 damage debuff, damage increased to reflect the 5 energy difference)?666

That is very, very competitive, considering AR/prep has a significant advantage on white damage, and will exceed sinister strike with surprise attack on damage per 40 energy once the target goes below 35% (read: when it truly matters). What about relentless strikes and combat potency? A second AR and 20 energy cheaper openers goes a long way. Rogue arena teams should be offensive teams, by the time you used up both sets of your cooldowns, the match should already be decided. Your damage over the first minute is probably significantly better than full combat rogue's. It is much easier for you to get the initial opener, and the extra improved sprint, evasion, and vanish will all allow you to reach your target much faster.

Anshrr

#1 LFR Feral for his ILVL
Oct 7, 2005
CERTAINLY NOT DENMARK EWW
hmm, I was primarily thinking of raids, tho my math was wrong anyways.. 10x36>30x10, for some reason I imagined it the other way around Oo
But yeah, for solo n pvp it's pretty nice aswell. ^^

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
And it is finally being sold in a major city. Hunters, rejoice :D