Diablo III

SyCkO

Oct 21, 2010
I don't know how many Diablo fans are here, but hey if you are a Blizzard fan in general much respect. Who plans on getting the game, and what do you think about all the changes they have made thus far?

Stronghammer

The strong one!
Apr 20, 2009
The Netherlands
I am more or less a Blizzard fan in general as well, tho Diablo (even tho I played it ALOT, especially Diablo 2) isnt really my thing. Hoping I can try out the beta aswell someday to see how it feels and plays and maybe when I get money again I will buy it in the future.

Gink

Nov 25, 2005
Won`t be buying it aslong as they have the always on DRM thingy. If they drop that though, then I`ll get it.

Natalya

Oct 22, 2005
I don't mind the DRM thing at all, as I would be playing this exclusively online even without that. Just like I played D1 and D2. To me Diablo is all about lootwhoring and stealing as many drops from other random players as possible anyway.

But yeah, I do get that some people would rather fly solo. Even though I don't get while WoW players, of all people, would even consider the online requirement an issue.

Mista

The Rogue
Aug 28, 2005
ye, Ill be playing online as well so it dont matter to me either.
about lootstealing tho nat, for better and worse, can't do that no more. when you pop a chest and when an item drops off a mob all ppl in the same game get their own stuff/gold only they can see.

IGN has a nice walkthrough with comments of the beta if youre interested: http://pc.ign.com/articles/119/1195855p1.html
avoid gamespots one tho, ignorant noobs playing there.

Natalya

Oct 22, 2005
I haven`t played WoW in 2,5 years :p

Anyways, I don`t have internet at home, and this piece at RockPaperShotgun pretty much sums it up for me: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/09/22/how-diablo-iiis-drm-will-affect-you/#more-75047
Saw this in one of the comments of the article: http://i.imgur.com/abXW9.png. Probably going to be like that with Diablo 3 as well.

I think they should actively market Diablo as an MMO, or an MO or whatever, since it's not really "massive" per se. Sure, people would still be shocked, I'm sure. But maybe they'd get over it quicker then.

Thanks for the tip Mista. Will check that out.

Bani

Apr 13, 2007
Berlin
wow, that RockPaperShotgun article is a real eye-opener.

What an absolutely retarded idea always-on single player is. I was annoyed before because I spend so much time on planes, but really, always-on WILL lead to trouble with gf because I can choose either giving her attention and dying or screaming incoherently that I'll be right there because I accidentally the whole bossfight

><

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Diablo 3 would be so much better without the DRM and a game mode where RMT doesn't work without having to play Hardcore (where death is permanent).

Lebuff

Huge, throbbing Member
May 1, 2007
So, for D3, it will be all about running full groups with friends and trade drops to gear up superfast (and then maybe pvp)?
To me it seems like that is what they are making the game into now.

Mista

The Rogue
Aug 28, 2005
Ayu told us ingame wow today that he had gotten an beta invite through his mail, so I decided to check if I had gotten one too. I hadn't. But I logged on my battle.net account and there it was in all it's glory! So check your account, maybe everyone got it now or at least many more! :D