ACCEPTED: Raider application: Shandril – Doomhammer – Fire – Mage

Shandril

Mar 14, 2018
Warsaw
Hi guys,

Thanks a lot for having me as Social member for the last few weeks. It seems the time has come for me to go back to raiding, hence postiny my application. :)

Tell us about yourself:
I am a guy from Warsaw, too old to even monthion, enough to say playing the game since June 2005, and on professional side in have been in IT business all my life. On private side with passion for martial arts practicing, wine tasting with friends, and scuba diving in summer.

Battle Tag: Shandril#2428

Armoury link: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/doomhammer/shandril

What traits are your weapons at? What legendaries have you obtained?
Fire 87 / Frost 75 / Arcane 75. Have all Leggos for all specs.

Warcraft Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/doomhammer/shandril

Your UI in raid combat: https://prnt.sc/iubzz8

Why are you applying to MM? How did you hear about us? Do you know anyone here?
After leaving my previouse guild, I was looking for a new home for 2-3 raiding days per week, and MM looks like a very strong one for a long years, plus what is most important for me, the atmosphere in raids seems ecactly the one I was always after, with no drama, anger, shouting, and such. I also played in the past with several ex-MM players and all were very calm and skilled, which only re-confirms to me MM is the right place for me for the next several years in WoW, as I do not tend to hop guilds often.

Why are you leaving your current guild? If we were to look at your guild history, would we find anything concerning?
It just came to the point where I was unable to raid any longer together with some of the officers, so I decided to move on. Bit mehhh situation, as my previouse guild was my own creation or "baby" if you wish, put a lot of love and effort into it for 5 years, but the time has come to move on.

Raiding experience while current:
In Antorus I have 5/11M experience. Raided all those years from June 2005 when I started on WoW. In most cases was around No. 2000 worldwide rankings, +/- 1000 (sometimes going very good like last expantion, sometimes not so well, like this one).

What is your main spec? How long have you played this?
Fire is my main specc, and most likely always will be, no matter how hard Blizz tries too discourage it for raiding. This is one (not the only one) of my weaknesies, I never spent enough time to play other specs long enough, so not really good at those, so I am stucked with fire even in Legion, where it never was BiS for raiding for most bosses.

What is your stat priority? Explain why.
Crit > Haste > Mastery > Versa, thats what usually SIM's result is for me for Fire on single target situations. Crit generates important procs for Fire, insta Pyro, thats why crit is good, yummie!

Why should we bring your class/spec to a raid? What do you feel is the defining feature of your class/spec?
Fire will shine in multi-boss fights with stacked targets, and is very strong to burst priority adds with large health pool. In Legion soso on single target, but usually was very competitive through all those years - I hope it will get back there in next expantion. I also invested a lot of time in fire weapon ranks, so bit higher concordance helps a little. :)

What addons do you use to enhance your performance?
Weak Auras - for dps cds tracking and boss abilities reminders,
Need To Know - for all sort of bars to track dps buffs duration,
Quartz - for my cast bar
DBM - for what not.

Where do you find the latest information in relation to your class?
www.altered-time.com for most part, icy-veins sometimes, SIM results, logs of better players

What do you do outside of a raid to improve your character, play style and performance?
In Legion it was endless AP grind mainly. Besides that 1 hour on target dummies for every new trinket/set-bonus/play-style-change is a routine for me. Weekly M+15 and Argus trinket upgrades. In the past did also Normal and Heroic modes clears for Titanforged chance, but now cut on the play time, so not really into it any more.

Do you ever change around talents depending on the encounter? If so please, give an example.
Mainly minor tweak for AoE from single target, like [Living Bomb] and [Alexstrasza's Fury] for example, as opposed to [Kindling] and [Flame On] in default setup.

What is your offspec? How comfortable would you be if we asked you to raid as your offpsec?
Not really play my other specs sadly, and whenever I tried in Legion, I was not able to deliver better results on Frost than what I could on Fire (AP investment in Fire also played a role there).

We raid Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays 20:00-23:00 Server Time. Are you able to commit to these times and days?
I can commit to be there for all Wednesdays and Sunday raids (except holidays and some important family celebrations ocasionally).
For Thursday I theoretically can make it from 21:00, as my martial arts trainings finish 20:00, so back home around 20:45, but in practice I will be pretty exhausted and would seek rotation by default if raid is a strong go without me, but can and will raid from 21:00 if raid really needed. For situation like that can use WhatsApp for example to communicate with officer even when not online yet.

Can you accept criticism? If not then do not apply, we frown upon shifting blame a lot more than people admitting to mistakes and improving on it.
I can, I hope. Especially if comes with some hints how to improve. What I am unable to tolerate is shouting and anger - thats not why I raid, and would rather stop completely rather than accept beeing a target of some of emo behaviours.

Do you have a mic? Do you have a proper setup and internet connection to play the game competitively? (that is, at least 30 and ideally more fps in raids)
Yes, have mic and can use it as needed. Graphic card was just replaced last month, so geting up to 100 fps. Letancy around 50-60 in both categories.

We all need the occasional raiding day off for various reasons, but we expect these reasons so to be fully disclosed at as early a time as possible to make planning an easier process. Have you any planned absences in the foreseeable future that we should know about?
There are single days every now and than for sure. Usually 1, sometimes max 2 skipped raids per month I would say, based on long term experience, unless stars align bad. On top of that 2-3 weeks of holidays in summer. Example of bad stars alignment is May for example, I know I already commited to a martial arts weekend camp which includes Sunday 20th, and also have family from USA coming right after that, so would have to skip Wednesday/Thursday 23/24 most likely as well (unless they arrive Thursday, which is also possible).
I would basically say I raid 100% of time when I can raid, and when I can bend the rl without compromising too much the family relations. But my days when I was wow>>rl are over for me some years ago.
With all this said I do understand and expect the same from others on the team, that raiding is a commitment, commitment to be there for all or close to all raids, as there are 20+ other ppl who rely on my presence there.

Do you have anything else to add?
Yes, I like icecreams, favourite is Tiramisu flavour, can easily have 1 litre box over weeknd, thats np for me! Do you like icecreams too?
Also, I am fully aware my Thursday situation is not really something a dedicated raider should have, so I will 100% understand if it does not make you confortable to allow such person on the team, can also quite gladly live happy Social life here with no hard feelings at all. :)

Thanks for reading, and sorry for the wall of text, just had no time to write a shorter one. ;o)

OP
Shandril

Shandril

Mar 14, 2018
Warsaw
Yes, 87, been slacking as hell last 4-5 weeks, but now I re-started working on it, so should be 88 by the end of April, hopefully! ^^
(man, it goes so slow now ^^)

OP
Shandril

Shandril

Mar 14, 2018
Warsaw
Hi guys, thanks for having me on trial, but it lasting almost two and half months is way too much any guild should take to make a decission. This is telling me you really would like to fail my trial, but due to low numbers you not brave enough to tell me this. Hence this post comes as a little helper, consider my trial concluded now as failed, and I wish you good luck with whatever you plan to achieve this or next expantion, was good fun raiding with you, farewell! :)

Last edited:

Thorill

Tanks with the efficiency of 5 Best Buddy
Apr 28, 2015
Also I am sure you spoke to an officer about your concerns right?

OP
Shandril

Shandril

Mar 14, 2018
Warsaw
Also I am sure you spoke to an officer about your concerns right?

No, I did not. Well, there was nothing to talk about really, I personally was in recruitment business for more than 7 or 8 years in WoW, I know 100% sure what it means when the trial is way longer than it should be, and it clearly says in your applicvation template trials are about 4 weeks long.

I know I am not the best player there is, no doubt, no discussion, however I do think I bring other strong values as part of myself, apparently those did not show or are not important to you, either way, we are where we are. I am sure you can cope without Shandril.

/bye

/target Smaj
/bow

Thorill

Tanks with the efficiency of 5 Best Buddy
Apr 28, 2015
Well you assume you know what it means, you are not the only one having done recruitment for ages in wow and RL. A tip for next time is to ask since things rarely are what you think they are.

Best of luck in WoW.

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
We were, in fact, not going to fail the trial, so yeah....

Wizie

Trinkets, yes. Pretty trinkets! Great power.
Nov 6, 2016
Assuming things can be dangerous.

I don't want to dig too much into this, as I'm not part of the officer team myself anymore (so I can really only speculate as to why it took so long), but we're at the end of a tier, and trialing people near the end of tier's when almost every boss is on farm and you've only got the last 1-2 super hard bosses left is tough.
Since you, among other things, can't really see how well they adapt to changes on the fly other than for 1 or 2 bosses, and you can't see what effort they're willing to put in for that extra edge at the start of a tier (doing multiple clears to get tier bonuses quicker etc).

Anyway, I don't think it's fair to say that they're not "brave enough" to tell you anything. If you had questions / issues, you should've taken it up with the officers instead of assuming stuff, that's all I'll really say.

Last edited:

Galatea

Oct 28, 2005
My history with MM tells me that sometimes, ppl just *forget* that you're even still a trial.....

I dont recall how long my trial was.. but i think it was quite a lot of months.....

Sorry to see you go :( Even if I am barely online right now.... I think I just lost momentum for a while ;) Hope to see you around in game x

Nishua

Starfall is love, Starfall is life.
Nov 14, 2017
It is sad to see you go, Shandril. My Trial took several months as well, and I also think that what Wizie said is true: It can be hard to evaluate a Trial when there is only these two very hard bosses left of a tier, and what Gala said: people forget that you're a Trial, but rather a part of the team than "the new guy".
Best of luck in the future, Shandril.