ACCEPTED: Raider Application - Nishua - Balance Druid

Nishua

Starfall is love, Starfall is life.
Nov 14, 2017
Tell us about yourself:
Hello! My name is Casper, I'm 24 years old and live in Northern Jutland in Denmark. I study Medialogy on the University, where I wish to work as a Game Designer when I'm done in 3 years (Both Bachelor and Masters' remaining semesters included).
I am a returning playing, after I had a break in Tomb of Sargeras. I took a break from the game in order to focus all my energy on my exams, and to celebrate my parents silver wedding in Florida, USA.
I live together with my girlfriend in a small apartment just north of Aalborg in Denmark.
I'm a loyal, dedicated, hard-working, and friendly. (If you call me a friendly-ghost, I will REK you, sorry :( )
Battle Tag:
Casparious#2501

Armoury link:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/doomhammer/nishua

What traits are your weapons at? What legendaries have you obtained?
My weapon is at trait 66. I've got these legendaries: The Emerald Dreamcatcher, Impeccable Fel Essence, Prydaz, Sephuz's, and Promise of Elune, the Moon Goddess.
These are logs for the fights I did before taking a break from the game.​
Warcraft Logs:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/22737750/13#metric=dps&partition=1&bracket=-1

Your UI in raid combat:
https://imgur.com/a/88tcF
I know that this is not in a raid environment - but it does show most of my UI in action, with procs, WA's, etc. All except DBM bars.​

Why are you applying to MM? How did you hear about us? Do you know anyone here?
I'm applying to MM for multiple reasons;
First of all, I was intrigued by the fact that you guys make your own tactics. Your raid times, and, last but not least, Smaj; credit to that guy!
I've learned of MM from WoWProgress, which lead to me adding Smaj on Battle.net for a chat.
And unfortunately I don't know anyone from the guild.

Why are you leaving your current guild? If we were to look at your guild history, would we find anything concerning?
As a returning player, I see myself in a position where I want to find new relationships, new friendships, and new challenges. I rejoined Requiem because the guild master was a good friend of mine. But due recent events of guild management, I also want to find somewhere stable, and most importantly, friendly.

Raiding experience while current:
In Classic WoW I cleared Zul'Gurub, Molten Core, Onyxia's Lair, Blackwing Lair, and Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj(AQ10).
In The Burning Crusade I cleared Karazhan, Magtheridon's Lair, Gruul's Lair, Serpentshrine Cavern, Tempest Keep: The Eye, Mount Hyjal, and Black Temple.
In Wrath of the Lich King I cleared Naxxramas, The Obsidian Sanctum, Eye of Eternity, Onyxia's Lair, Trial of the Crusader(5/5 Normal, 4/5 Heroic), Icecrown Citadel(12/12 25man Normal, 10/12 25 man Heroic), and The Ruby Sanctum (Heroic).
In Cataclysm I cleared Blackwing Descent(4/6 Heroic), Bastion of Twilight(3/5 Heroic), Throne of the Four Wings (2/2 Heroic), Firelands(6/7 Heroic), and Dragon Soul (8/8 Heroic pre-patch).
In Mists of Pandaria I cleared Mogu'shan Vaults(6/6 Heroic), Heart of Fear(5/6 Heroic), Terrace of Endless Springs(2/4 Heroic), Throne of Thunder(13/13 Heroic), Siege of Orgrimmar(14/14 Mythic).
In Warlords of Draenor I cleared Highmaul(7/7 Mythic, Cutting Edge), Blackrock Foundry(7/10 Mythic), Hellfire Citadel(2/13 Mythic). My guild disbanded after this, and I didn't find a new one at this point.
In Legion, I have cleared The Emerald Nightmare(Mythic, Cutting Edge), Trial of Valor(Mythic), The Nighthold(Mythic, Cutting Edge), Tomb of Sargeras(Normal). At this time, I had to take a break from the game due exams, and vacation afterwards, to celebrate my parents silver wedding.

What is your main spec? How long have you played this?
Balance. I've been playing this spec since the opening of Tomb as my main spec, but since the beginning of Legion I've been playing my Druid as my alt, but mained it when Tomb opened.

What is your stat priority? Explain why.
1. Mastery; it increases Starfall and Starsurge damage, and Lunar-, Solar-, and Stemmar Empowerment.
2. Haste; Increases count of ticks of dots that the target receives before it expires, and generally speeds up casting times.
3. Intellect; Increases the strength of my spells.
4. Critical Strike; Increases the chance for additional damage for my spells.
5. Versatillity; Increases damage done and decreases damage taken.

Why should we bring your class/spec to a raid? What do you feel is the defining feature of your class/spec?
A Balance Druid got various abilities that allows us have both great single-target and AoE-fights damage. We have our dots, knock-backs, casting while moving(if using Stellar Drift). We have Battle Ress and our animations are just amazing!

What addons do you use to enhance your performance?
WeakAuras, ElvUI, DeadlyBossMods, Exorsus Raid Tools, and Mik's Scrolling Battle Text.

Where do you find the latest information in relation to your class?
Either MMO-champions.com, official patch release notes, or Icy-veins.

What do you do outside of a raid to improve your character, play style and performance?
I read various articles on how to min-max properly, analyzing different logs, etc.

Do you ever change around talents depending on the encounter? If so please, give an example.
Most certainly!
For instance, I have both a single-target and AoE-spec.
For my single-target, I use the talents: Incarnation:Chosen of Elune, Blessing of the Ancients, and Nature's Balance. Where for Aoe, I use Soul of the Forest, Shooting Stars, and Stellar Drift.

What is your offspec? How comfortable would you be if we asked you to raid as your offpsec?
Probably Resto. Which I have not played for a very, very long time. However, I do have an alt, which used to be my main, that'd I'd be much comfortable playing in such situations.

We raid Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays 20:00-23:00 Server Time. Are you able to commit to these times and days?
Yes, I am able to commit to these times.

Can you accept criticism? If not then do not apply, we frown upon shifting blame a lot more than people admitting to mistakes and improving on it.
Yes, I can accept criticism. I was once a raid leader myself, and I have learned over the years that it is nothing personal.

Do you have a mic? Do you have a proper setup and internet connection to play the game competitively?
Yes, I do have a mic, and my setup is alright, consisting of:
16GB RAM
EVGA GeForce 1050Ti PGU
Intel Core i5 6600K CPU
100/100 Internet Connection, consistantly connected through LAN.
And consistantly 60 fps in both world-play and in raid-environments.

We all need the occasional raiding day off for various reasons, but we expect these reasons so to be fully disclosed at as early a time as possible to make planning an easier process. Have you any planned absences in the foreseeable future that we should know about?
Not at the moment, no. The only thing would be in January with my exams.

Do you have anything else to add?
No, I don't think so. Thanks for reading my application!

Smaj

RawR!
Staff member
Jan 7, 2013
Heya,

Many thanks for your app. We'll discuss it and get back to you soon.

Kind regards,
Smaj

Menya

Predicts the future: Thera will never get Moon
Staff member
May 4, 2015
I have some questions.
When did you return to the game?
What actions did you took returning to improve your character? From the armory all I can see is old gear, bad alts have higher ilvl or AP than this.
What is the character that you did your previous mythic progression? Would prefer a wowprogress link if it's ok- I couldn't find your previous main it seems.
If you were given to be a back up until you fully sort your character and catch up, like being mostly in alt runs for the start of Antorus or as long as it takes, how would you feel?
And more important: How long does a silver wedding celebration take?
I had to take a break from the game due exams, and vacation afterwards, to celebrate my parents silver wedding.

(If you call me a friendly-ghost, I will REK you, sorry :( )
Too late for that!

OP
Nishua

Nishua

Nov 14, 2017
First of all, thanks for taking your time reading through my application and answering this quickly! And here's your answers, sir!
When did you return to the game?
I returned to the same just a few days ago. Initially I started studying a Bachelor of Information technology, but there was an opening of my dream education; Medialogy, which was an offer I took, and I wanted to focus on it, as there was a lot I had to catch up on, which I believe I have. Now it's just back to "normal" studying.​
What actions did you took returning to improve your character? From the armory all I can see is old gear, bad alts have higher ilvl or AP than this.
I began reading up on the new mechanics for Balance Druids even before I started playing again. Eventhough I have not been playing the game, I've been following the patches, reading patch notes, following theorycrafting and simcrafts. I have also run simulations of my own character, just as if I were actively raiding on the character.​
What is the character that you did your previous mythic progression? Would prefer a wowprogress link if it's ok- I couldn't find your previous main it seems.
Certainly! https://www.wowprogress.com/character/eu/doomhammer/Nilindia. All I havn't cleared in Nighthold Mythic is Star Augur and Elisande.
Additional note: I cleared Emerald Nightmare Mythic when I was on Stormreaver.​
If you were given to be a back up until you fully sort your character and catch up, like being mostly in alt runs for the start of Antorus or as long as it takes, how would you feel?
I would be totally fine with that, as I do know that I am way too undergeared to jump straight into Mythic, which I did not expect either.​
And more important: How long does a silver wedding celebration take?
We spent 10 days in the US, but in order to afford it, I had to work a lot, as we knew it would be very expensive; as it was a drive-yourself-vacation. Only the house, car, and plane tickets were paid for, not food, attractions, etc.​
Too late for that!
God damnit!

I hope this answers your questions! :)

Menya

Predicts the future: Thera will never get Moon
Staff member
May 4, 2015
And here's your answers, sir!
tumblr_oxvg6oKZcT1uutnkko1_400.gif

OP
Nishua

Nishua

Nov 14, 2017
Just as a small update from my part:
Throughout the day I've been trying to improve my equipment. I've managed to gain approximately 10 itemlevels, and I intend to keep pushing it upwards.

Smaj

RawR!
Staff member
Jan 7, 2013
Hey Nishua,

We're happy to accept you as trial, with a start in the alt run and then taking it from there. Give one of us offis a shout for a guild invite.

Kind regards,
Smaj

OP
Nishua

Nishua

Nov 14, 2017
Thanks for accepting me for a Trial! I'll whisper one of you shortly :)