Wowhead.com bought by goldsellers (Zam (IGE))

Mcv

Mar 31, 2007
well for 1 million I would sell my website lol . Hope it doesnt waste the website tho....

Anshrr

#1 LFR Feral for his ILVL
Oct 7, 2005
CERTAINLY NOT DENMARK EWW
Sucks that every db side is owned by the same guys, guys that sell gold and are only in it for the money :<
Also..
News travels fast! We were hoping to have the time to put together a proper announcement about this, but it appears word is already out, so we wanted to acknowledge it: now that IGE is out of the picture, Wowhead has decided to become a part of the ZAM Network. We'll post a lot more information later today. Stay tuned!
- The Wowhead Team
..from the wowhead.com frontpage. Sooo.... IGE is "out of the picture", yet ZAM is really IGE anyways?
:rolleyes:

I'm kinda suprised to hear IGE is known for selling ingame items, yet none of the game companies (are able to) do anything about it.

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Anshrr said:
..from the wowhead.com frontpage. Sooo.... IGE is "out of the picture", yet ZAM is really IGE anyways?
Yea.....read the article :rolleyes:

Braque

Dec 14, 2005
BTW, there is no reason to not use websites owned by goldsellers. The only reason they buy these fansites is so they can control the ads on them (save fees, and prevent other gold sellers from advertising). Since they make money from selling gold, and not for the ads about gold selling, using the site but not actually buying gold COSTS them money. :yes:

Gink

Nov 25, 2005
Braque said:
BTW, there is no reason to not use websites owned by goldsellers. The only reason they buy these fansites is so they can control the ads on them (save fees, and prevent other gold sellers from advertising). Since they make money from selling gold, and not for the ads about gold selling, using the site but not actually buying gold COSTS them money. :yes:

I like the way you're thinking. :yes:

Hyl

Oct 25, 2005
And if you use for instance Adblock Plus (Firefox plugin) you'll never see the ads anyway.

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
It's a valid point, but one could argue that by using the site, you increase it's popularity, hence leading them to more sales ;)

Braque

Dec 14, 2005
Joyae said:
It's a valid point, but one could argue that by using the site, you increase it's popularity, hence leading them to more sales ;)

You could argue that. But you'd be wrong. :8