Windows 7

Croga

Says funny things =)
Sep 9, 2008
The Hellmouth
Joyma said:
No, the patcher runs, but then complains it can't find wow.exe, which makes sense I guess, it wont just search all drives, it has to be told by the registry where WoW is installed.
WoW does not register it's location in the registry. You can quite safely copy the entire WoW folder to another location and it will run smoothly, even patch smoothly. I've done it a couple of times as I'm way too lazy to reinstall WoW every time I reinstall Windows.....

Sunchaser

Jul 16, 2008
Xaverri said:
Gonna try it out this weekend, hope dualbooting with Vista goes well >.>

Working fine here, dual booting XP and Windows 7. In the boot menu it says 'Earlier version or Windows' for my XP partition, but it works just fine.

Sun

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Something else I've never been able to do in Windows XP, seperating sound channels. In Windows 7, I can have music playing through the digital out on my HiFi set, while other windows sounds (ventrilo/msn/etc.) only play through my PC speakers \o/

Croga

Says funny things =)
Sep 9, 2008
The Hellmouth
Joyma said:
Something else I've never been able to do in Windows XP, seperating sound channels. In Windows 7, I can have music playing through the digital out on my HiFi set, while other windows sounds (ventrilo/msn/etc.) only play through my PC speakers \o/
hmmm..... I've been doing this in WinXP and WinVista without problems..... Vent on headphone, WoW sound on speakers, Winamp on HiFi..... although that is with 3 different pieces of hardware (USB headphone, onboard for speakers, PCI for HiFi) so that might be a big difference. If you're running the HiFi and speakers on the same hardware then it's quite awesome indeed ;)

Bani

Apr 13, 2007
Berlin
can you reassign 5.1 sound channels with it? My surround set is aligned with my TV, it's at a 90° angle to my PC monitor. So I'd need a reassignment like
front left -> back right
front right -> front left

and so on. Would be nifty :D

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Hmm maybe when something like a control panel is released, by the audio card manufacturer. I've just been using the latest realtek drivers for my on-board audio.