Turalyon offline for 24h

OP
G

Doh!
O'well, time to go outside then.... maybe a trip to school....
And it looks like we get a 4 day extension :) about bloody time

OP
M

Magemary

So Blizzard is taking Turalyon down because they are gonna repair 8 different realms. It doesnt say that something will be done about the problems we have atm :cry:

OP
S

Stuvvie

We get 3 free days though...anyway they are moving from that Talia or whatever thingy.....can't get worse then this.

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Stuvvie said:
We get 3 free days though...anyway they are moving from that Talia or whatever thingy.....can't get worse then this.

!
From Telia? That would rock for Soze since he had issues with Telia :)

I understood this as if they were removing only a few servers from Telia to drop the load tho (and Turalyon was NOT on the list).

So, is Turalyon being moved from Telia or are other servers being moved to decrease load on Telia?

OP
L

Lupold

From what I gather, most of the realms are being moved to new servers or players are being moved to the newer servers. the 1.9.1 patch notes didnt mention this or anything about all the crazy lag we've been experiencing since 1.9 (suggesting it's technical rather than a load of bugs in-game)

thing I dont get is; Turalyon is supposed to be on of, if not the largest, EU server and has been showing low or medium capacity status up till now. then all of a sudden the player cap is lowered, the server is full and there are half hour queues to log in. surely this cant all be because of 1.9? :?

anywho, they'd best sort it.

either that or send me 3 days worth of cake.....

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Ayu said:
So, is Turalyon being moved from Telia or are other servers being moved to decrease load on Telia?

Read the blue, Turalyon is not being moved, but moving other realms should lower the load obviously.

OP
L

Lupold

bloody blizzard. surely they should have been able to detect when the server was getting near to the point of being full and re-directed new accounts to less populated realms........ rather than just letting it fill up to the point where everything grinds to a halt and I have to plan my route around IF 20 mins in advance in case I lag ino the forge (again :cry: )

OP
J

Jinesy

It's 4 days, not 3 8) hopefully the lag will be fixed during theese 24 hours, if not let's mass sue Blizzard :twisted:

OP
G

Jinesy said:
It's 4 days, not 3 8) hopefully the lag will be fixed during theese 24 hours, if not let's mass sue Blizzard :twisted:

4 days minus the 24hours for this maintenance probably.. the bastards! :x

OP
S

Stuvvie

Yeah that's what I ment with 3 days :?

Would be just the thing for Blizz to do

OP
S

Stuvvie

Joyma said:
Ayu said:

Read the blue, Turalyon is not being moved, but moving other realms should lower the load obviously.

Ah you are indeed correct.....my fault :)

OP
L

Lupold

Jinesy said:

there's probably something written into the end user agreement about unforseen maintenace and downtime. basically more fool us.

Natalya

Oct 22, 2005
Lupold said:
bloody blizzard. surely they should have been able to detect when the server was getting near to the point of being full and re-directed new accounts to less populated realms........ rather than just letting it fill up to the point where everything grinds to a halt and I have to plan my route around IF 20 mins in advance in case I lag ino the forge (again :cry: )
Well if I understood correctly, it's not because of single realms getting crowded. Turalyon could have handled more people if it wasn't for the entire European data center not being able to handle the load all the realms it houses was generating. Why this could not have been foreseen is a mystery. Maybe they misevalueated how much traffic the quickly increasing WoW playerbase would generate or how much stress these server farms could handle.

OP
L

Lupold

perhaps they're just idiots..........

wouldnt be a first would it? we've given them our money so there's their cue to stop giving a shizzle