the walker of night

K

kallistii

probably for the most people just a boring story but this is the way i found the name of my first char what was leshrac. stopped playing him after some time and started my priest then. at the time i started playing wow i played also alot of magic the gathering and so i found this little story and my name for my first char

Demon. Anarchist. Chaos through evil. All these easily spring to mind when a citizen of the plane of Dominaria hears the name of Leshrac. Incredibly ancient and powerful, Leshrac has taken on the mantle of Walker of the Night for good reason. Indeed, it seems as though Leshrac has complete mastery over all the evils of the multiverse. It is uncertain in what time period Leshrac was born, merely that he rose to power as a powerful planeswalker sometime before the beginning of the Ice Age. Leshrac specializes in manipulation, twisting the fates of those evil or foolish enough to do his bidding.

Leshrac was somewhere in the Shard of Twelve Worlds during the conclusion of the Brothers’ War. After the cataclysmic conclusion of the war, Leshrac found himself unable to leave the prison that these twelve worlds had become. It looked as though he would have to find new playthings to solve this problem for him.

Leshrac first made his presence known to a lone soldier in the service of Marton Stromgald’s division of the army of Kjeldor, the most powerful nation in the frozen wasteland that Terisiare had become. Sensing a growing dark power emanating from the young soldier, Leshrac began to investigate the source of his newfound strength, gathering only that his power was being derived from a blood-red ring. Leshrac would have perhaps lost interest in this strange man’s necromantic powers had not an even more powerful planeswalker not confronted him directly. It appeared as though Tevesh Szat had plans for this new toy, as well. Leshrac appeared before Szat and the powerful human and made a bargain. With Leshrac and Szat keeping the other planeswalkers from interfering with the human’s plans, he could ravage the land with hordes of the undead. It is unknown exactly what use Leshrac would have gained from the destruction of the human lands of Terisiare, but Leshrac was never one to turn down death on a massive scale. Together Leshrac, Szat, and the new necromancer sealed an unholy trinity that would plague Terisiare for hundreds of years. More than this, the young necromancer would become a household name that was spoken only in daylight for fear of his minions visiting in the night. Lim-D

Natalya

Oct 22, 2005
Demon. Anarchist. Noob.

Hey, I too got a character name related story for you. My undead mage is called Alhazred, as in Abdul Alhazred, the mad arab; a character created by the classic horror author H.P. Lovecraft. In Lovecraftian mythology Abdul Alhazred wrote the book of the dead a.k.a. The Necronomicon, that contains all sorts of evil incantations.

Lovecraft crafted (hoo hoo) the story about Alhazred and the Necronomicon to contain references about actual historical events and such to make the story seem more believable. This has led to the fact, that even to this day, there are still people who think that the Necronomicon is a real book. Hell, you can even buy translations of it on Amazon in convinient paperback format. Or you can even get the the original one (which is actually written in some made up script: go ahead and look inside if you dare).

Lovecraft actually came up with the name Abdul Alhazred after reading 1001 Arabian Nights when he was about five and wanted to play an arab.

So all these goth-people who buy copies of the paperback, thinking they can summon monsters with it or whatever, are actually reading something that started out with a five year old kid playing an arab with a towel wrapped around his head. That's just gold.

Gymlee

Aug 26, 2005
weee, i love these kind of tales :D :D

Wait until I reveal the secret behind my main char's name. 8)

But on a more serious note, makes a nice read, wish I had cool char names :cry:

OP
G

Gymlee said:

Turalyon needs more Gymlee's, Gimli's, Gymli's and Legolasses tbh :(

OP
Z

Zyena

Johras said:
Gymlee said:

Turalyon needs more Gymlee's, Gimli's, Gymli's and Legolasses tbh :(

im sure he's main is called arugon or gandulf or something.... or pherhaps just zyeanaishawt :roll:

OP
M

Mark

I sat at the Char creation screen, my imagination destroyed by T.V.

I typed in my RL name, it was available....

And a legend was born....

The End.

OP
G

Mark said:

The End.
Same, but it didn't pass the profanity filter so had to come up with something else :|

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Johras said:
Mark said:

The End.
Same, but it didn't pass the profanity filter so had to come up with something else :|

Dutchasshole? ._.

Ribena

Jan 19, 2006
'Ribena was originally manufactured by the Bristol-based food and drink company Carters as a blackcurrant cordial. The drink was launched in the 1930s and it was given the name Ribena, from the botanical name for the blackcurrant, Ribes nigrum in 1938. Blackcurrants are a rich source of Vitamin C. During World War II other fruits rich in vitamin C, like oranges, became almost impossible to obtain in the United Kingdom. Blackcurrant cultivation was encouraged by the Government and the yield of the nation's crop increased significantly. From 1942 almost the entire British blackcurrant crop was made into blackcurrant syrup (or cordial), almost all of it manufactured by Carters, and distributed to the nation's children for free, giving rise to the lasting popularity of blackcurrant flavourings in Britain. Carters were bought out by the Beecham company (later to become GlaxoSmithKline) in the 1950s. For a short period in the late 1990s a carbonated version, sold in cans, was trialled in the UK, but did not prove successful.'

8)