TBC - Tier 4

Anshrr

#1 LFR Feral for his ILVL
Oct 7, 2005
CERTAINLY NOT DENMARK EWW
Not all of it though.. I'd guess at least one part of some Tier armor is from the Magtheridon Lair or w/e...Betting it's the helmet ;p
Though it's nice news. A regular 10man raid shouldn't be THAT hard to form, and keep going, and if you have a decent raid, you might even get to skip the whole DKP stuff :<

OP
H

Hom

Aug 30, 2005
Yep,

Great for casuals. 10 mans should be pretty straightforward to get together, especially now that people know they can get T4 gear in them.

Shame they split the T4 stuff up, hated that with T2 stuff. Farming 3 seperate places is a pain.

Anshrr

Oct 7, 2005
Yeah.. would've been cooler if they just made, I dunno, different sets or something for different instances, for different occasions, and maybe let the Onyx type raid bosses drop weapons and non set armor.
I hope the token system works like the AQ armors as well, so you won't get druid armor 4 weeks in a row, after your 1 or 2 druids already has it all :<

Natalya

Oct 22, 2005
Hom said:
Shame they split the T4 stuff up, hated that with T2 stuff. Farming 3 seperate places is a pain.
Well, considering the lowered raid limit, I guess farming T4 will be more like farming T0 back in the day.

Braque

Dec 14, 2005
Natalya said:
Hom said:
Well, considering the lowered raid limit, I guess farming T4 will be more like farming T0 back in the day.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo...................

Anshrr

Oct 7, 2005
I dunno.. depending on the other items available, and taking sockets into account, it could end up beeing some of the better armor.
Besides, T4 is from 10man instance. Kinda like a lvl70 WH/FH, only epic.
I'm pretty sure you'll replace it if you go raid 25man instances.

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Anshrr said:
I dunno.. depending on the other items available, and taking sockets into account, it could end up beeing some of the better armor.
Besides, T4 is from 10man instance. Kinda like a lvl70 WH/FH, only epic.
I'm pretty sure you'll replace it if you go raid 25man instances.

Ideally Druids (and Paladins/Shamans where applicable) get 4 specialized sets for Feral DPS, Feral Tanking, Resto and Balance.
Then, if you want hybridism, you can mix and match accordingly. That is way better than getting a premade hybrid set IMO.

Anshrr

Oct 7, 2005
I agree
But.. It just got added. We don't know if it's finished at all.
With gems (I personally feel gems will only make a slim difference), changes, set bonuses, etc, it'll probably be atleast a bit better.
And as I said.. it's from a 10man, not a 25man.. so..
I would've never expected 4 sets though. Could rather do a compromise, like the Thick something something chest from AQ20. That's a pretty ok tanking and dps chest imo.

As for the other sets, they fixed so mages have two shoulders now. :<

Anshrr

Oct 7, 2005
Compared T4 pieces to the armor pieces I wear now.
Results:
Code:
Malorne Melee:			Current:

Chest:				Chest:
268 Armor			392 Armor
+29 Str				+40 Str
+32 Agi				+22 Stam
+22 Stam
+15 Int
+14 Spi

Gloves:				Gloves:
167 Armor			140 Armor
+29 Str				+28 Str
+24 Stam			+20 Agi
+13 Int				+ 6 Stam
+12 Spi				Hit Rating <15.8
Crit Rating 21

Head:				Head:
218 Armor			164 Armor
+38 Str				+21 Str
+27 Agi				+24 Agi
+24 Stam			+14 Stam
+15 Int				Hit Rating <15.8
+14 Spi
Hit Rating 12

Legs:				Legs:
234 Armor			152 Armor
+40 Str				+15 Str
+28 Agi				+15 Agi
+33 Stam			+15 Stam
+17 Int				Crit Rating <22.1
+16 Spi

Shoulder:			Shoulder:
250 Armor			170 Armor
+30 Str				+16 Str
+24 Agi				+30 Agi
+21 Stam			+14 Stam
+14 Int
+13 Spi

Totals:				Totals:
1137 Armor			1018 Armor
+166 Str			+120 Str
+111 Agi			+ 89 Agi
+124 Stam			+ 71 Stam
+ 74 Int			+  0 Int
+ 69 Spi			+  0 Spi
Crit Rating 21			Crit Rating <22.1
Hit Rating 12			Hit Rating < 31.6

Difference:
119 Armor
+46 Str
+22 Agi
+53 Stam
+74 Int
+69 Spi
- 1.1 Crit Rating
- 19.6 Hit Rating

The formatting is better in Notepad :<
The reason the current gear has a < crit/hit rating, is that I don't know how much rating 1% crit is at lvl60, so I used the numbers for lvl70, thus giving me numbers bigger than the factual rating probably.

Anyways, this is WITHOUT considering sockets.
It's not super impressive, but we still don't know what other armor there will be. Tier 5 etc.. This might be an upgrade meant for those that never made it into MC etc. Considering I have the best pure dps item for every one of those slots, except for legs and chest (which is -2crit compared to the best), this will be a pretty nice boost for the ferals in Feralheart, Shadowcraft and the like.

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Hmm, looks better than I expected for DPS actually.
However for tanking, I'd only want two pieces: The shoulders because of the huge AC and the legs, because legs are just so hard to get by as bear.

V

Villi

The stats are indeed a bit disappointing for the Tier 4 sets, but should be acceptable once the sockets/enchants are added. :)

Netherblade looks awfull on most races, but I had the chance to try them on today, and I have to say it doesn't look bad at all on me :O

Hoping there's a chance I'll ever get them ^^.

P.S: bumping old topics ftw!

V

Villi

bladefistnb3.jpg

That's me in my "dream-gear" D: