Some holy schok testing

Gombur

Guild Mascot
Sep 21, 2005
You can train it up to rank 3 where it costs 380 mana and still has a 30s cooldown.
(note that this spell is not affected by BoL)
My gear was full LB which gave me +138 healing power.
Spec was 32/7/13
I cast it 10 times; 9 were normals and 1 was a crit heal.
It healed me for:
675 (crit, duh)
Something I found interesting, is that it doesnt work in combination with divine favor, which I personaly think is a shame if you plan on using Holy Shock as a tank saver. Would be nice if you could get a crit spell when you wanted it.
But overall it's a nice insta for raids in my humble opinion.

[Edit] The hour grows late and my spelling becomes poor :(

Zermo

Aug 26, 2005
Gombur said:
You can train it up to rank 3 where it costs 380 mana and still has a 30s cooldown.
(note that this spell is not affected by BoL)
My gear was full LB which gave me +138 healing power.
Spec was 32/7/13
I cast it 10 times; 9 were normals and 1 was a crit heal.
It healed me for:
675 (crit, duh)
Something I found interesting, is that it doesnt work in combination with divine favor, which I personaly think is a shame if you plan on using Holy Shock as a tank saver. Would be nice if you could get a crit spell when you wanted it.
But overall it's a nice insta for raids in my humble opinion.

[Edit] The hour grows late and my spelling becomes poor :(

I find it to be more of a PvP spell, rarely useful as a defensive spell but instead as a ranged offensive spell, that Paladins lack so severly.

The reason Holy Shock can't be DF'ed (I'd guess) is the insta crit with it in that case, making it go up to around 7-800 in normal gear, and 1k+ in Judgement gear, then use Hammer; 1.5-2k combined. Since Paladins were meant for defense, Blizzard probably assumed it to be too powerful.

My guess at least :)

OP
Gombur

Gombur

Guild Mascot
Sep 21, 2005
Thai said:
I find it to be more of a PvP spell, rarely useful as a defensive spell but instead as a ranged offensive spell, that Paladins lack so severly.

I disagree with this. I think it's going to be nice in pve raids aswell for those moments when you suddenly see someone's health dropping to 0.
I.e for saving those poor casters when they do AoE :p

OP
Gombur

Gombur

Guild Mascot
Sep 21, 2005
Dunno if this is what you wanted Ayu.
hspic.jpg

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Gombur said:
Dunno if this is what you wanted Ayu.
hspic.jpg

Indeed, that was it. And now can you explain me how +dmg and +healing work on this spell? The Holy Damage multiplier is 0.1 * dmg but the Healing multiplier for instants is 0.43. Now since this spell is a hybrid attack/defense spell, what is the real multiplier?

Gink

Nov 25, 2005
Surfed through the Pala-forums to find out, but couldnt find anything on it. Also, no +dmg gear on test server, so cant test it. :G

Id think the healing bit of the spell gets 0.43, and the dmg bit gets 0.1 tho. :O

Gink

Nov 25, 2005
posted your question in the pala forums, hopefully someone that has a clue will see it :p

Zermo

Aug 26, 2005
Gombur said:
Thai said:

I disagree with this. I think it's going to be nice in pve raids aswell for those moments when you suddenly see someone's health dropping to 0.
I.e for saving those poor casters when they do AoE :p

True :) Then again I find NS more effective for this. I'm not saying it doesn't have uses for PvE, but it's a superb spell 1on1's, especially with Judgement set. Insta heals are so powerful in PvP it's sick, and instant damage spells is very viable aswell.

Five Paladins doing this insta heal to save a tank is very nice. But otherwise I'd think it's a bit out of it's league in MC/BWL/AQ, not saying it's useless, but tanks get pounded for 1k minimum a hit normally, healing ~400 of that damage is nice but nothing compared to NS (Granted, it has a far greater CD) or Priests' shield. IMHO, it should heal somewhere around 150% of current amount, least for that ton of mana, but that's a whole other matter I suppose.

Gink

Nov 25, 2005
Yeah, what Thai is saying really. i dont see myself using this as a PvE heal very much, and certainly not on boss fights in BWL. When FoL is so much more efficient.

Gink

Nov 25, 2005
HAH, imp LoH was nerfed to give a 30% armor bonus instead of 50% :p
Oh, and new time, 2 mins duration.

A

Anevia

Gink said:
HAH, imp LoH was nerfed to give a 30% armor bonus instead of 50% :p
Oh, and new time, 2 mins duration.

It's all your fault :x :!: