RL ontopic

A

Anevia

Dear Muslims

After leaving WoW for a while, I've started paying more attention to daily news. This hot subject reminds me of how the western society differs from the islamic, and how difficult it is to fully intergrate our societies.

After playing a while with most of you guys, I've realized that you're quite
capable, so i'm hereby so "kind" and bringing this to your forum. Looking forward to a more serious "off-topic" discussion for a change :)

ps: I'm greatly sorry for revealing my true gender and the "dissapointment" and vomiting it may have caused. :cry:

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Usually topics about Politics and Religion never end good.

Anshrr

#1 LFR Feral for his ILVL
Oct 7, 2005
CERTAINLY NOT DENMARK EWW
I'll say this much. Beeing from Norway, this actually, to a very small degree, conserns me.
And, I have to say, if them islamists want us to respect and honor them and their culture, they won't achieve it by threating to kill us, burn our flag, and run around with posters depicting beheaded nordic people.
I'm sorry, why should I respect your prophet, when you don't respect my nation?

They really should stop trying to kill anyone that disagrees with them, religion or other wise.

/edit: Reading current events, I also see that in Syria, protesters have burned down the Danish and the Norwegian Embassy.
What exactly do they think this will accomplish?
Sounds to me they're using this as an excuse to basically do whatever the fuck they want to.

OP
T

trancer

It is just a clash of freedom of speech I think. The 'west' is not allowed to say 'x' about the Islam, but the Islam is allowed to say 'y' about the 'west'. At least, according to the Islam. And this bites, which in my opinion is ridicule.

The Islam has to reform and accept our view on the world instead of trying to force theirs upon us. Further, agreed with Ayu, in another way, Religion is only here to create war and a lot of disputes. We would be better without it ;(

Anshrr

Oct 7, 2005
We would be better off without religious fanatics, that's for sure.
Personally, I think religion by it self, helps lots of people.
But there are those that abuse religion, using it to help their own cause.
Just see Bush, using God in his speaches, when you know the real reason he's trying to invade every arab country, is cause of his precious oil.

OP
R

Raz

External enemies used to shift focus away from internal troubles is a well known and well used tactic, no matter the religion or cause :?

OP
K

Kizza

Anshrr said:
We would be better off without religious fanatics, that's for sure.
Personally, I think religion by it self, helps lots of people.
But there are those that abuse religion, using it to help their own cause.
Just see Bush, using God in his speaches, when you know the real reason he's trying to invade every arab country, is cause of his precious oil.

ok thats where im going to have to stop you

i agreed with your previous post but and damn sick and tired of people laying into bush over iraq, did you know that it was the british troops that secured and saved a huge majority of the oil? america has more than enough oil for itself, and if the allied forces did not secure the oil do u think iraq would have any future of any kind? losing their biggest export? this is the kind of stupid viewpoint people get when they pay attention to what is said in newspapers

i strongly suggest you stop paying such attention to the media, yet another lost cause brainwash by the media, yet still undoubtably feels he "has his own opinion"

OP
V

Vegana

As an admin on forums.nekochan.net we have a strict policy to lock threads with political or religious content. Flame-wars was the result of almost every thread in that subject field :(

On a side note, a little more respect and acceptance for both worlds would benefit all. It's no use insisting on your freedom-of-speach rights if it will piss off your neighbors, as is crusading an entire country for one newspaper which offended your Prophet. Accept both cultures, their differences and their benefits.

Maybe if all people would play WoW, they would understand that it really doesn't matter who/what your are or believe in :)
On second thought, then we would see those dreaded login-queues back again....

OP
G

I'm more of a Pastafarian myself....

Have any of you ever been touched by His Noodly Appendage? :p

800px-Touched_by_His_Noodly_Appendage.jpg

OP
G

Kizza said:
Anshrr said:

i agreed with your previous post but and damn sick and tired of people laying into bush over iraq, did you know that it was the british troops that secured and saved a huge majority of the oil? america has more than enough oil for itself, and if the allied forces did not secure the oil do u think iraq would have any future of any kind? losing their biggest export? this is the kind of stupid viewpoint people get when they pay attention to what is said in newspapers

i strongly suggest you stop paying such attention to the media, yet another lost cause brainwash by the media, yet still undoubtably feels he "has his own opinion"

Could be either way, I guess. I mean, the reason why Iraq was invaded. We, the normal people who are "informed" by the media (which also have no real clue about what's really going on in the "high" places, I guess), don't really know what's going on.

I've always wondered how much truth there is in series like 24 or Alias. How much criminal and terrorist stuff happens that we do not know? I guess the only way to really know that is to become the director of the FBI or someone important in the White House or something.

Personally I have the opinion that we don't really know the reason behind the invasion. Who knows, perhaps Bush thinks he is righteous because his advisers have been telling him embellishments of the truth? I'm afraid we'll never know....

OP
G

dexter1 said:
As an admin on forums.nekochan.net we have a strict policy to lock threads with political or religious content. Flame-wars was the result of almost every thread in that subject field :(

Since this is the first thread ever on such a subject on our relatively new forums, I think it would be a bit premature to lock it now. However, other threads on this forum that went downhill have been locked before, so I'm sure this thread would be locked if it went downhill as well.

Good to know your policy though. If a trend would arise here for political/religious threads to go downhill all the time, we could copy your policy :)

Anshrr

Oct 7, 2005
Kizza said:
ok thats where im going to have to stop you

I don't pay attention to the media. Well, not the propagande, cause if I did, I'd be mentioning Bush's "reasons" for invading iraq. Which were to find weapons of mass destruction, and liberate the Iraqi people from a dictator the US (afaik) put into power and left in power themselves.
And exactly how many weapons of mass destruction has he found? None. With the lame excuse that his intel was faulty. Please.... that's just bullshit.
There are of course several other reasons for the US government to invade Iraq, though none of them hold any valid reasoning for me. I don't believe they did it for the Iraqi people, thats for sure. And as mentioned, the weapons of mass destruction were a lot of hot air. So what where the reasons? Well, oil for one. You can't deny it. Bush in his recent State of the Union adress stated that the US had to use their ..this is where my english is lacking lol.... they had to use their brains and technology or whatever, to free themselves from beeing dependent on oil from the arab nations. And he did say arab/midwest whatever (I don't know the exact wording, as my sources are in norwegian ;p). He mentioned nothing of other oil sources, like Norway. Nor was there any enviromental conserns mentioned. The US just don't want to get their oil from arab countries that aren't as easily pushed over byt the US. Saddam Hussein was in obvious opposition, especially perhaps after 9/11, and the US invading Afghanistan. Ofc, a big power like Iraq, with the posibillity of nuclear weapons, that doesn't submit to US orders, is gonna get heat. Just look at how the US is demanding North-Korea, Iran, and other countries, to stop playing with atomic power, while they themselves are "allowed" to have it.
This would be one of the other reasons I suspect is why the US invaded. They are the worlds fascist police, which enforce their laws wherever they please. While the hunt for bin Laden might be justified, their invasion of Iraq isn't. If they did it for the people, they should start invading lots of other countries, which they don't. And if they didn't do it for the people, their motives are unpure, and the invasion was unjust.

Now to your statements. Firstly, why would the US need to do anything (as Bush stated in his State of the Union adress) if they didn't want to use oil from the Arab countries, if they had enough by themselves?
Secondly, the british forces where there "serving" the US. They have been "lapdogs" for the US for a long time now, as have the Norwegians. None have the backbone to stand up against the US and let them know their crusade against false reasons is wrong. Thirdly, they secured the oil? And why would they have to do this? Because of the US invading. I'll give you this much, I have not gotten into the details of how the oil has been managed, but seems to me Iraq managed it quite fine before the US invaded? So, "securing" the oil, after the invasion, is just an even bigger sign that that's why they came. To make sure they get their oil, albeit from a leader that won't oppose them as much.

Sorry for the rant, feel free to disagree. These are just my oppinions.
I'm pretty fed up with the US doing what they think is right, no matter the nation it conserns. They are NOT the world police. Imo, if there was any world police, it would have to be the UN. And Bush. Well, I am at a loss to how he got re-elected. He really is bad at his job.
(I think it's related to the media in the US. They basically control what the US people know and don't know. Take the Hurricane Catrina, after it washed away New Orleans, many americans didn't even know it had happened. But they do know of Bush's glorious crusade against the Axis of Evil.)

Sorry for going so far off topic ^^

OP
R

Raz

Liandra said:
trancer said:
Result of it all in photo's at yahoo

Wow, the effects of 1 cartoon.... :eek:

I think it is important to remember that the cartoons in this case have only been used as a tool to incite more discontent, so it is just the famous drop that makes the cup spill or how you express it in foreign :?

OP
K

Kizza

anshrr i stopped reading your post the second you typed that the british have always been US lapdogs, that shows in itself you are lacking any common sense and take what the media says for a fact

and would there be something wrong in being the US's lapdog? nope, it is a mistake to tell your biggest ally "i dont support you" that is something the french will, and to a certain extent already are regretting

now if you were to say the reason the french DIDNT invade iraq was oil, then you would be stating a fact (along with chiraq being a complete idiot), however the US in the first gulf war left saddam as he was with the intent that he was going to "change his ways" he didnt, thats why they didnt stop this time until they caught him

i find it rly sad that people just mirror what the tabloids just said because they know that 90% of the sheep (calm down plog) in the western world will back you up

Anshrr

Oct 7, 2005
Why do you have to start flaming? Did I say anything about you, even though it's obvious that you are a huge fan of the US and it's ways?
No.

When any state decides to do what they want to do, disregarding the rest of the world, then yes, I think there's something wrong with blindly following them, just to stay on their "good" side.

As for following the herd, believing the media etc etc.... Well, a huge chunk of the western world, is the US. And I'm pretty sure they disagree with me. They're after all on a crusade to stop terrorism.

I find it really sad what people buy into the weak propaganda of Uncle Sam, and continue to spread it, because it makes actions taken sound so much better.

PS. Not gonna reply any more here, as I really don't wanna get involved in a flame war. Discussion fine, but when it gets personal, nah, no thanks D:

OP
Z

Zyena

Liandra said:
trancer said:
Result of it all in photo's at yahoo

Wow, the effects of 1 cartoon.... :eek:

yup.... we (denmark) got boycott in 22 or more countries because of 12 drawings wich ended up with the burning of the danish embassy in syria and god knows how many threats against the danes >.<
makes me sad :cry:

Braque

Dec 14, 2005
Yes! The Conspiracy Really Exists, And Furthermore It's All Your Fault.

"[You] are primed to copy things, not just things but ideas, thoughts, behaviours, dogmas, convictions, opinions. You are a meme-sponge, and because of the accident of your birth you are a sponge in the sewer, soaking up sickly conspiracy-infected purified brain-piss and noxious, foul, treacherous mental-crap."