Patch download mirrors

Mystara

Master of Elements
Staff member
Dec 4, 2009
Hey guys,

As some know I appeared online for literally some time once in the last month or so and due to the battle.net client causing blue screen issues I've not been back since. Having looked at the issue they consistently blame out of date drivers. As far as I'm aware I'm up to date but I know that according Civ:BE that it also thinks it's out of date so maybe it's an ATI Radeon HD thing (yeah yeah my PC is old and slow.... just like your mother. Zing!)

Anywaaaaaay.... I was wondering if you could recommend a reliable site to download patches outside of the BoSD client and not end up with 40 angry Greeks in my hard drive? Fairly sure I can still launch WoW without the client via the .exe file.

Hugs and kisses (for Best Buddy anyway),

- Mystikins

Jazende

Sacred vines, entangle the corrupted!
Staff member
May 12, 2008
Since WoD, the updates are now in a new file format. I believe this requires the updater itself to run.. but I'm not sure. Just guessing.

Arius

May or may not poison food
Nov 21, 2013
I believe the Battle.net client is required to play for all the blizzard games now (except for the classics like warcraft 1-3, starcraft 1, diablo 1-2)

Ixidron

Happy trees
Jun 18, 2014
Can you not try and use the old launcher by finding the wow exe in your wow folder or is that dead now? I seem to remember doing t that way late mop.

Bani

Apr 13, 2007
Berlin
Hey Mystm8,

WoW still launches directly for me without the client, so you should be OK.

2 things to try:
1) download and patch in safe mode or with uninstalled gfx drivers
2) download on another PC and copy entire WoW folder, WoW never needed to be installed "properly" before 6.0.3, maybe that's still the case.