Need some PC help!

Anshrr

#1 LFR Feral for his ILVL
Oct 7, 2005
CERTAINLY NOT DENMARK EWW
So I figure MM has atleast a couple of members that know hardware better than me, so I figured I'd ask you guys.

First a little background. I have an AMD FX8320 on an Asus Sabertooth mobo. With the recent heatwave, my CPU had a hard time. Constant warnings, even a shutdown or two. So I decided to upgrade my cooler from a (apparently) shit CoolerMaster to the NZXT Kraken x62 AIO.
When installing the new cooler and it's two 140mm fans, I also moved my front 200m and rear 140mm from the case fan controller to the mobo.
The new cooler works wonders on the CPU, but the VCore runs kinda hot'ish so I set the case fans to spin up based on VCore temp.

Now for the issue. When the VCore heats and the fans spin up, I've gotten some warnings from the Thermal Radar (asus ai suite thing) that something's wrong with the 3.3v a couple of times and the 5.somethin v once. Warnings disappear before I manage to read the actual issue.
I don't know what a vcore is, 3.3v. or anything :p
I've tried to google it, buuut....
What part is likely making it warn me? Vcore too hot? Too much drain from fans on mobo when they spin up?
Trying to decide if I need a new PSU with more W :<
Any suggestions?

OP
Anshrr

Anshrr

Oct 7, 2005
Thanks! I'll look into getting a different software.
I tried sticking the chassisfans to 100% but didn't get a warning, so maybe it's the hot vcore doing it.
I'm planning/considering changing my 200mm for 2x140mm of better quality, as well as replacing the rear, and adding one in the side, so maybe that'll cool it. Might need a new psu regardless if so, the one I have is a smidge low according to calculators.
Kinda feel like I'm patching up a sinking ship with bandaids tho :p

OP
Anshrr

Anshrr

Oct 7, 2005
I am sure it was the motherboard being a cunt btw. It gave me numerous ridiculous errors in AI Suite, AIDA and NZXTs CAM. The most recent one I remember was my CPU being -28C. That's a FROZEN cpu. In use.
Doesn't matter tho, it's all gone :DDD I replaced the psu and added some fans, then a gpu was on sale, aaand it just snowballed, so now only my disks remain ;D So far so good!

The prices on RAM tho. Dear lord.. the 2x8 I bought in '14 cost ~the same as the one 8 I got now, insane D: I gave my old DDR3 to Ahnal, so now she has 32GB while I'm at 8GB. Feels wrong man :p