May aswell

Careface

Death by sexy
May 31, 2007

Pick a fault/suggest an addon that would make me play better than I already am. Honestly I've looked at stuff and nothing stands out at all, standard ui 4lyf

Also note the macro called Vessy, thats for tott not penis.

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Careface said:
Pick a fault/suggest an addon that would make me play better than I already am. Honestly I've looked at stuff and nothing stands out at all, standard ui 4lyf

Also note the macro called Vessy, thats for tott not penis.

If this was serious, then I'd say the Unitframes. Especially the Player frame has no place being on the top left since your focus will generally be on the bottom/center of the screen where you char stands so you can avoid void zones. Trust me it's alot easier not having to glance up to the top left to check your health when you can put the frame where your eyes are most of the time anyway.
Second suggestion is getting an addon that tracks debuff timers so you know when to expose/sunder etc. I was already pondering about just making a post about this anyway so might include my addon plus the config when I do.

OP
C

Careface

Death by sexy
May 31, 2007
Don't have a fully in combat one (never though of taking one plus my computer would probs die) but basically this..

With the immediate bars from the boss mods appearing under my char. NICE AND CLEAN WHAT.

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Okay, how the fuck did my post end up between your two posts which were already there when I replied? <_<

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
That's the whole problem with forums going unread for no reason, your clock is borked or so :S

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Why do you think it's my clock thats borked?

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Dunno, seems to happen when you post, or Face, dunno <_<

OP
C

Careface

Death by sexy
May 31, 2007
Guessing you arn't talking about classtimers as I already have those. I keep a pretty good watch on the targets debuffs for sunders/expose so that isn't really a big issue (would help sure but would just take up screen space to save 1 or 2 seconds of delay on an expose which I never have to use in 25 man)

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Careface said:
Guessing you arn't talking about classtimers as I already have those. I keep a pretty good watch on the targets debuffs for sunders/expose so that isn't really a big issue (would help sure but would just take up screen space to save 1 or 2 seconds of delay on an expose which I never have to use in 25 man)

The addon I am talking about can do class timers as well, also show when you are missing vital raid buffs (totems etc) so you can move in range or yell at Best Buddy. :D

Jazende

Sacred vines, entangle the corrupted!
Staff member
May 12, 2008
Posting just so the "unread post" sign goes away >_>

Scarcity

Hacked
Oct 29, 2008
Try STUF raid frames, simplicity & can edit for your own needs with ease, true what Ayu said as well, about the glancing business

Santur

Emo Rap Fan
Oct 9, 2007
Change the skin of Omen to something black-transparent and you have the perfect UI!

Mystara

Master of Elements
Staff member
Dec 4, 2009
Yeah wouldn't recommend Pitbull unless you have hours of time to config them but if you do they can be pretty swish :D

OP
C

Careface

Death by sexy
May 31, 2007
Ive tried several unit frames and portrait frames, cant get used to them so just end up uninstalling within a couple of hours. Sort of just stuck in my ways and if it ain't broke why bother changing things.

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Careface said:
Sort of just stuck in my ways and if it ain't broke why bother changing things.

Cause you can get used to many things. Doesn't mean it's optimal though. Just take 5 mins and sort out the frames and you will get used to them. Just being able to move the frames is a godsend.

Atarix

sup fresh
Nov 3, 2008
If you don't want to use any specific unit frame (with custom portraits/skins etc) you can always get Move Anything which allows you to move the frames, or can you do it yourself by following the guide below (taken from another site):

In-order to move the Blizzard Unit Frames, you need to figure out the frame name. You can figure out the frame's name by mousing over the frame and pasting this macro in the edit box in-game:
Code:
/run local f = GetMouseFocus(); if f then DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(f:GetName()) end
If you've performed my instructions correctly, the name of the frame should have appeared in your chat window.

Once you've figured out the frame's name you want to move, you're ready to move! The most simple method for moving a frame is:
Code:
/run local f=PlayerFrame; f:SetUserPlaced(true) f:SetMovable(true) f:EnableMouse(true) f:RegisterForDrag("LeftButton") f:SetScript("OnDragStart",f.StartMoving) f:SetScript("OnDragStop",f.StopMovingOrSizing)
and
Code:
/run local f=PartyMemberFrame1; f:SetUserPlaced(true) f:SetMovable(true) f:EnableMouse(true) f:RegisterForDrag("LeftButton") f:SetScript("OnDragStart",f.StartMoving) f:SetScript("OnDragStop",f.StopMovingOrSizing)
There are only two frames I know of that this script will work on without any issues. They are the player frame and party frame as shown above. If you have a frame you'd like to move, replace /run local f=PlayerFrame with /run local f="Frame you want to move" (no quotations).

The Workaround:

In-order to move the target frame, you need to make a macro. That macro needs this script:
Code:
/run TargetFrame:ClearAllPoints() TargetFrame:SetPoint("TOPLEFT", 200, -300)
You're probably wondering why you need a macro for this script. The reason is every-time you log out or reload the UI, the target frame goes back to it's default position. Press this macro every-time you log in, and it will go to the coordinates you set. You're going to have to adjust the coordinates to your liking(, 200, -300) because everyone's monitor/resolution is different. If you have a frame you'd like to move, replace /run TargetFrame:ClearAllPoints() TargetFrame with /run "Frame you want to move":ClearAllPoints() "Frame you want to move" (no quotations).