Keyloggers, what to know, what to do (READ)

Croga

Says funny things =)
Sep 9, 2008
The Hellmouth
It's even more ironical when you start about not being able to raid when you lose your authenticator. What about getting hacked, it's not like Blizzard instantly restores your items. I'm pretty sure it's faster to get your authenticator disabled over the phone, than to get your gear restored.

A friend of mine was over in the Netherlands last week. She didn't have internet at the place she was staying so I lent her my iPhone to tether to her laptop. When I got home and wanted to play WoW I realised.... my authenticator is on that iPhone.....
Took me 2 hours to get the authenticator removed from the account. Sent Blizz an EMail, got a response to attach a copy of photoID (and the usual secret question and bio info crap) and within 2 hours I was back playing WoW.

Beats the crap out of waiting for 2 weeks for Blizz to restore your items and then going back to grinding because Blizzard won't restore your gold........

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Also, that is considering you only use the free phone authenticator. If you're not cheap, you simple get the authenticator and the phone one as backup, or other way around. Makes that argument even more invalid.

Croga

Says funny things =)
Sep 9, 2008
The Hellmouth
Also, that is considering you only use the free phone authenticator. If you're not cheap, you simple get the authenticator and the phone one as backup, or other way around. Makes that argument even more invalid.
ur? you can actually link 2 authenticators and use only 1?

Next to that: Yes, I only use the free one! Come on, I'm Dutch!

Damonkey

Mar 10, 2009
Usually passwords are not guessed, they are logged through a keylogger. Having the best password in the world won't help you if you don't run proper Anti Virus and Firewall software.

What do you guys rate as the best AV software i use Kaspersky 2011 atm but its due for a renew in 26 days?

Croga

Says funny things =)
Sep 9, 2008
The Hellmouth
What do you guys rate as the best AV software i use Kaspersky 2011 atm but its due for a renew in 26 days?
The best AV software is available for free to everyone! It's called "a brain" ;)
(although I use Panda Cloud, it's free as well and a lot easier to find)

Galatea

Oct 28, 2005
why didn't you just call her, and whilst on the phone to her, log in to battle net and get her to give your auth code over the phone, and then remove authenticator temporarily >_>

Or does that sound too easy?

Cronocious

Mar 24, 2007
Use Avast myself, not had a virus since I've owned a computer (Advanced System Care is also nice though not an anti-virus)

Vessy

Puttin the slow in Onslow
Apr 13, 2009
why didn't you just call her, and whilst on the phone to her, log in to battle net and get her to give your auth code over the phone, and then remove authenticator temporarily >_>

Or does that sound too easy?

He'd have to tell her he plays WoW then!

AVG, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, Spybot - Search and Destroy (I guess they're not all classified as AVs but hey....)

Merlijn

Shadow Master
Mar 11, 2009
Using Avast as well and as for firewalls I always keep the Windows Firewall enabled and have the firewall on my router to block everything except whatever port I decide to open.

Merlijn

Shadow Master
Mar 11, 2009
Seeing I just got a new BlackBerry Curve 9300 I went to check out the mobile authenticator but I can't see it in the list. Anyone know if this might work if I select another type of BB?