For Joy.

G

Do I sense a bit of frustration and annoyance there?

No matter, I feel the same way, especially when viewing videos like Pat's pvp vid (though I hear rumours that this was made when warriors had 52 talent points due to a bug) and the vid of the Warrior doing 1k dps sustained for several minutes. The second vid of course also shows why Thunderfluffy is so great in the hands of a warrior :)

Anyway, Titch linked this extensive thread which explains about the Holy Trinity. Long read, but interesting.

[Edit: fixed URL of Holy Trinity post]

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Anshrr said:
I like how the pure class for tanking does insanely more damage than a hybrid class.

A well-geared Balance druid can dish out alot of damage, a well-geared Feral can tank very well.

Fury is only powerful with really really good gear and weapons, and a Fury in DPS gear is as soft as a rogue, has no vanish or feint and our main attack actually adds extra threat. You can only compare Mage and Fury damage if you also add the "Damage Taken" into the calculation, Fury only does alot of damage if you TAKE alot of damage to actually get enough rage, hence they are a pretty hefty healer drain.

You notice it when taking a Fury to PVP, it's sometimes impossible to do any damage at all, unless you're actually getting ganked on by several peeps AND getting heals.

Anshrr

#1 LFR Feral for his ILVL
Oct 7, 2005
CERTAINLY NOT DENMARK EWW
Fury Warrior surviveability is still greater, imo, than cat druid, or mage, while still doing more damage. The fact that fury generates tons of threat while raiding, is ofc less cool, but warriors are a tanking class, if they wanna dps on a boss, take it easy (much like I can't dps on a boss in bear shape, as crits = HI2U LITTAL DURID, and I can barely loose agg again before getting killed).

The fact that fury warriors can do this insane damage, when warrior is the only pure tanking class ingame, while a hybrid class that's supposed to imitate pure classes, can't even come close, makes me >.<
In raids, warriors obviously do heaps of damage. Alron at some point during our raid with 2 rogues recently, told me he was #5 or so on DD, while I was 14 or 15. 15? Who's 16? The Healers? -_-
In pvp, it's obvious that these warriors are imba. Have you EVER seen a druid kill that many, that fast? And especially a moonkin?

To even get a 2000 dmg crit, I need to accumulate 5 combo points and be stupid lucky with my DD finisher. This happends once a month (and I have about 1300 AP solo, 1800-1900AP in raids).
My claws can crit up to about 600-700 dmg. This guy in the video had white damage crit that high. With the flurry proccing too (or whatever), that's what, 1800dmg, in more or less one hit?

It's really frustrating that I can "compete" in healing should I choose to specc that way (though not beat priests ofc), and if I spec feral (even dps feral), I can tank sufficiantly to substitute for a warrior (but won't ever "beat" a warrior in tanking), but competing in dps as a feral, forget it. I can't even compete as a feral dps specced hybrid vs. a dps specced TANK. (Moonkins CAN do massive amounts of damage in raids, IF they have insane gear).
When I usually notice that, hey wtf, I'm like doing, no dps compared to rogues,hunters,mages,oomkins,WARRIORS,warlocks,whatnot, I've taken solice in the fact that, hey whatever, I can tank and heal too, to some extent. But really, warriors can tank too, and probably better than me, WHILE dps specced, as well. I really don't mind rogues and mages outdamaging me. Their pure classes, it's what they do. But I would LOVE to be able to compete, as a dps specced/equipped hybrid, with pure classes that have completely different roles. Why does a healer class OD me, and outheal me? Why does a tank class OD me and outtank me?

Don't get me wrong, grats warriors. Must be fucking awesome to be able to do such sick amounts of damage, and see those big numbers come flying. I know I'd love to spec flurry and use fist weapons on my warrior, for the fun. I'm just, as Li said, "frustrated". Really, fucking, frustrated.

And yeah, I read that mage thread. I agree. Mages and rogues are getting screwed when the classes that are not primary dps dealers get even more and more dps added. And I recognize alot of the stuff from druid threads of the past (the ninja changing of the class description anyone?).

(again, sorry for the long rant (whine) :< )

M

Mick

I guess Blizzard should buff the warrior some more.

They should be able to get out of any root/frost nova/etc just by shapeshifting.
They should be able to become immune to molyphorf.
They should be able to run at least 30% faster.
They should be able to heal.
They should be able to stealth.

It's just not fair the way it is now..... 8)

Titch

Oct 9, 2005
Apart from all the good points made in that holy tinity post, I think a lot of problems stem from the PvP game mechanics. Blizzard decided to remove aggro issues completely and reduce CC abilities significantly because they felt that being out of control of your character whilst PvPing would be frustrating.

I don't reallly understand that. Being out of control of your character in PvE is frustrating too, but hey, we understand that its a neccesary part of the game mechanics.

This gave warriors no role in PvP, I remember them seriously sucking due to their sucky dps and total lack of support in PvP. I think this is the main reason Blizzard has increased the dps and given every class the ability to do good dps - basically that's all there is to do in BGs.

Personally I think that warriors being able to taunt and force themselves to become an opponents only target for a small period of time (for example) is a great idea. It would make the PvP game a lot more interesting and bring a bit more cooperation into play - at the moment many people still just join the raid group just to share the HKs, but act completely individually.

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Not to mention the fact that cash and rep grinding is a huge part of this game, and you need DPS to do it, you can't heal mobs to death unfortunately. The only way to fix this is by creating a system where grinding Elite mobs for Rep and Cash is MUCH more beneficial than solo grinding, this would make forming a party to grind actually useful. Now it's mainly the DPS classes that can blast through non-elite mobs, and the support classes are left in the dark.

Blozzom

Nov 3, 2005
Joyae said:
Now it's mainly the DPS classes that can blast through non-elite mobs, and the support classes are left in the dark.
that's where dps/healer duos rock 8)

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Blozzom said:
Joyae said:
Now it's mainly the DPS classes that can blast through non-elite mobs, and the support classes are left in the dark.

When I grind non-elites humans in Silithus, Crusader + Trinket is enough to keep me healed, ofcourse it's more fun to group up, but it's not efficient, that's what needs to be fixed.

G

Joyae said:
Blozzom said:
Joyae said:

When I grind non-elites humans in Silithus, Crusader + Trinket is enough to keep me healed, ofcourse it's more fun to group up, but it's not efficient, that's what needs to be fixed.
I hate silithus, never grind there.. yet I'm revered with CC from AQ20 and lords.. which I also hate.. (nah, not really as long as it's a nice group)

/edit I was neutral when AQ opened

L

Lupold

I wonder how many mighty rage potions that guy goes through a game?

enough to make my bank alt weep a little