Expansion Info

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Many new instances designed top be 'winged' with several wings making up the instances, these can be comparted to the same setup as the Scarlet Monestery. This means shoerter play time for individual sections of the instance.

Instances will have different degrees of difficulties in the storyline, For example an instance could be an instance for 5 players around level 65, an instance for 5 players with level 70, to 10 men instance for level 70 and a Raid an instance for 40 people (also level 70).

A new feature is the difficulty settings and the group leader can select between five modes, of "easily" to "super+heavily". Loot is also variable depending on the degree of difficulty you underatle. The harder the difficulty, the better the loot.

The Blood Elf start zone is located to the north of the Eastern Plague Lands and is suitable for level 1 to 10 and level 10 to 20.

The Draenai start locatoin is not yet visible on the current maps but it lies on an island southwest of Darnassus.

There will be hundreds of new quests to take new characters through to level 60 and many of the new quests will be suitable for both of the two new races. Other races will also be able to pick up on these quests. Once you hit 60 its tome to head to the Dark Portal.

Beyond the Dark portal lies the Outlands, the new BC zone and it's heavily guarded and will be opened with a world event similar to Ahn Qiraj, in other words the Alliance and Horde will have to work together to open the portal.

The view on the other side of the portal is described as breathtaking with enornmous stone stairs that lead down onto the landscape below with two guards on the left and right of the staircase.

New controlable flying mounts are of course included in the expansion and these mounts will take you to areas that are unreachable on foot. This also includes new instances.

Socketable items compliment the new jewel crafting profession. Three sockets per item each of diderent colour and if you insert a jewel of the same colour as the socket you receive a further bonus to all items with the same colour

Each class receives five new Spells and abilities

60 talent points will be asigned with new talents as highlighted in the audio interview with Frank Pierce.

http://www.worldofwar.net/articles/bliz .... 2007-2.php

OP
Ayu

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Ayu said:
A new feature is the difficulty settings and the group leader can select between five modes, of "easily" to "super+heavily". Loot is also variable depending on the degree of difficulty you underatle. The harder the difficulty, the better the loot.

I think I just came 8)

M

MooPulvMoo

Ayu said:
Ayu said:

I think I just came 8)

Where did you come? The forums? Home?

OP
Ayu

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
MooPulvMoo said:
Ayu said:
Ayu said:

I think I just came 8)

Where did you come? The forums? Home?

All over my Druid epix 8)

/lowblow .__.

H

Habit

I can't believe they are going to put us through another AQ opening event again ._____________________________________.

The Burning Crusade :

G

Habit said:
I can't believe they are going to put us through another AQ opening event again ._____________________________________.

The Burning Crusade :

OP
Ayu

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
MM%20for%20MM%20movie.jpg

Mighty Mouse pwns j00! And yeah, I just did a google search on MM >_>

Blozzom

Nov 3, 2005
Ayu said:
jeez, I can't believe they're doing that :cry:

such a design copy & paste from D&D Online :(

OP
Ayu

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
I have high hopes for it. Are there no enjoyable instances you wish were just a tad harder? I'd want to see an ultra hard DM N, Gnomeron, Deadmines. All those instances are very much fun, it's just that we have outgeared and/or outleveled them. The ability to set your own difficulty will make this impossible again, so you don't have to go and get your kick from duoing Strat SS and such :)

Natalya

Oct 22, 2005
I like the idea of adjustable difficulty levels, as long as they are named "Normal", "Nightmare" and "Hell".

Now we just need random dungeons.

Blozzom

Nov 3, 2005
Ayu said:
I have high hopes for it. Are there no enjoyable instances you wish were just a tad harder? I'd want to see an ultra hard DM N, Gnomeron, Deadmines. All those instances are very much fun, it's just that we have outgeared and/or outleveled them. The ability to set your own difficulty will make this impossible again, so you don't have to go and get your kick from duoing Strat SS and such :)
I like the idea of scaling instances more than selectable difficulty with different loot.

as found on EJ (quoted from Curse):

New instance Coilfang

This instance is the home of the nagas and Lady Vashj. It'll be located underground and the main theme will be the water. There will be platforms surrounded by water that announce epic battles which involve movement!

It will be composed of 5 wings, each one should be doable in one hour, two at a maximum. The monsters will evolve with the player levels. If the group is composed of level 62 players, the monsters will most likely be around 62. But if the group is 65 then the monsters will be stronger!
which sounds cool and will make level'ing easier I hope :)

from a loot-whore point of view the problem I can see with selectable difficulty and different loot in instances is the following:

Player A: "ok, let's do this at easy mode, I don't have much time"
Player B: "erm, can we please do it in hard? I really really need item X from boss Y that only drops in hard mode...."
Player C: "I don't have much time either, but medium would be good and drops are OK as well"

bla bla bla .... of course we'll have to see how it works, but do you remember how difficult it was to find 5 man groups for Scholo/Strat most of the time? because it was practically chosing a difficulty level (5 man = hard, 10 man = easy) :wink:

OP
Ayu

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Those are no problems caused by the system though, but more of the players. But yeah, I understand where you are coming from

Anshrr

#1 LFR Feral for his ILVL
Oct 7, 2005
CERTAINLY NOT DENMARK EWW
Aelin said:
Ayu said:
60 talent points will be asigned with new talents as highlighted in the audio interview with Frank Pierce.

Don't they mean 61?

I'm guessing what they mean is the new tiers. 10 talents per tier per tree, equals 20x3 which is 60 talents.... Weird wording for sure though..
Think we'll get 61 pts all in all, and there will be 2 new tiers per tree, and it would be kinda lame if each tier was just one talent to pick, so....

Ayu said:
Each class receives five new Spells and abilities
New spells, or new ranks of spells? Hope we get mangle :<

U

Ursanis

i bet we only get 10 and all the druid ones will be in restoration 8-O