DC Universe Online

Merlijn

Shadow Master
Mar 11, 2009
I've seen a few beta video's from TB and quite tempted to give it a shot. Anyone else gonna try it?

Careface

Death by sexy
May 31, 2007
I might pick it up after I finish falloutNV, from what I've seen gameplay-wise though it looks like a pretty meh hack and slasher :/

Ribena

Jan 19, 2006
Agree with the hack and slash...ness.

Might wait a bit after release and see what the general consensus is. I am intrigued for sure!

Careface

Death by sexy
May 31, 2007
Appears there is only 2 servers, pve and pvp. If I get it I'll definitely end up on the pvp server but man its going to be overpopulated to hell.....

Ded

is Ded
Mar 4, 2007
I tried Champions Online when it was released, the other big superhero MMO. Character creation was great, the game itself.. not so much. Curious to know how DC Online will work.. altho always preferred Marvel over DC :D

Careface

Death by sexy
May 31, 2007
DC > Marvel, easily! Ballgag (Biggles? Sorry don't actually know what his wow name was, I have him on steam though) said its pretty good so far, hes just not sure on its lastability.

You planning to get it like Ded? Would make my decision to get it easier :p

OP
Merlijn

Merlijn

Shadow Master
Mar 11, 2009
Agree with Ded. If it were Marvel I'd already be playing. It's not like I dislike DC it's just that I like Marvel more. I don't really feel like spending +/- 50 euro just to try it. Gief free trials :p

Ded

is Ded
Mar 4, 2007
Is it pay-per-month, Face? Either way, it's unlikely I'll get it unless it was in a sale..

Also, MARVEL > DC!!11!

Careface

Death by sexy
May 31, 2007
I don't think I'd play it after the first month runs out, still in two minds about getting it :/ Might just wait for more reviews to come in or as ded said, wait to see if it goes on sale anytime before xmas :p

Ded

is Ded
Mar 4, 2007
On a related note, apparently Champions Online is going to be free subscription (with premium accounts for those who want to pay) come the 25th Jan. I might go back to it, see if my characters are still alive :D