Cyberspychology study about World of Warcraft, loot-hornines

L

Lootist

Hi guys;

I've picked you out of the guilds on your realm generally because of your progression and experience and because you seem to still be actively raiding WotLK content.
Apologies if anyone is upset about my post :p

As part of my Cyberpsychology research for at the Dun Laoghaire Institute of Art, Design & Technology in Dublin, Ireland, you are invited to complete an online survey that studies loot and how it affects players.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=M .... YZfg_3d_3d

Ask yourselves this:

How loot-horney do you consider yourself?
How much does loot affect your real life and online decisions? Is there a difference?
How much of what you do online is related to loot?

Your participation in this study will help advance the scientific knowledge of social interaction online, specifically in relation to MMORPGs and the effects of intrinsic rewards in relation to personality and self-esteem.
The survey should take no more than 10 minutes and you can opt out at any time.

Thanks in advance and see you ingame!

* This has nothing to do with Blizzard or any commercial presence.
I'm a master's degree student, and an ex-raider myself, after playing WoW for 3 years I decided to use this topic as a thesis research subject :)

** Please feel free to forward this to anyone you consider to be a gamer including PC games, Console games, Board games etc....

Cronocious

Mar 24, 2007
Done, just one thing, you might want to change it to an age range like (20-25, 30-40, etc) instead of d.o.b, i know quite a lot of people are funny about giving away their exact d.o.b.

Braque

Dec 14, 2005
Cronostwo said:
Done, just one thing, you might want to change it to an age range like (20-25, 30-40, etc) instead of d.o.b, i know quite a lot of people are funny about giving away their exact d.o.b.

Identity theft FTW.

OP
L

Lootist

Hey peeps;

Thanks for some of the kind words ;)
Thanks a mil for those who have already participated.
The data is showing some really interesting facts already, especially where it comes to loot-horniness.
I have some email addresses, those will get a copy of the results in a few months when the results have been analysed and all that.

And also thanks for some of the ideas and comments!
Unfortunately I am unable to change the survey itself at this point as it would invalidate the current data already gathered + I will need to get it approved by the ethics committee before I can use it (and they are a bunch of old fart noobz).

Thanks again and good hunting peeps!