Arcade games to remove

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Ded mentioned something y'day about this.

Which Arcade games are too much luck based and should go?

Ded

is Ded
Mar 4, 2007
The worst offenders are Kaboom, Ollie Skates and Lasagna from Heaven.

Some others that can screw you over with luck are Ratman Ralph, Rotation and Simon. To a lesser extent, Helicopter, Plastic Saucer and Space Runner.. But those aren't too bad.

Also, Frogger seems to be broken. Game ends at level 4, so there's a max score you can get, and no more.

Jazende

Sacred vines, entangle the corrupted!
Staff member
May 12, 2008
Well, it's really the whole point in Simon :p Don't think that should be removed.

Plog

Clevery Guy
Aug 26, 2005
Kaboom was a fun game, its not that much luck, it was probably my favourite. :(

Tyche

The Punisher
Dec 30, 2008
The Netherlands
Lasagne is shit, ye.

lasagne.jpg
nomnomnom? :(

Ded

is Ded
Mar 4, 2007
Well, it's really the whole point in Simon :p Don't think that should be removed.

I thought the whole point was a memory test? :D If one guy gets BLUE RED RED RED RED RED RED and the other some complicated mixing of colours, it makes it unfair..

But you're right, it's not too bad really. Was just saying, it is really down to luck.

Kaboom was a fun game, its not that much luck, it was probably my favourite. :(

Oh it's the worst, Plog! If you get enough KABOOM letters you can win no problem, and they crop up so randomly. Also, it has a terrible habit of throwing bombs that will explode at the exact same time as another, so there's no way you can avoid losing a life, no matter how good you are at it.

It's as bad as Ollie Skates, forcing you into situations which you have to lose life on, due to the random nature.