WITHDRAWN: Axlrows – Doomhammer – Subtlety – Rogue

Axlrose

Jul 22, 2017
Tell us about yourself:
I am a mechanical engineering and work on air control systems in cleanrooms (science labs), it's pretty boring so I won't go into any detail. I'm British. I like maths and economics, i'm a pretty boring guy. Other games I play are Rocket League, PuBGs, counterstrike, minecraft :p. I used to play League of Legends back in the day, however I got bored and I didn't really like the community, but if any of you guys want to play then hit me up. Did play CSGO, but similar reason to LoL, did not like the community. My main game is WoW.

Battle Tag: Will#2688

Armoury link: (log out in main spec gear and include any relevant alts)
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/doomhammer/axlrows

Recently transferred over from horde, so my character may still be shown as an orc.

What traits are your weapons at? What legendaries have you obtained?

I currently have 59 traits in my subtlety weapon, 45 in assassination and finally, 35 in outlaw.
Legendaries obtained:
- Denial of the Half-Giants
- Mantle of the Master Assassin
- The Dreadlord's Deceit
- Zoldyck Family Training Shackles
- Soul of the Shadowblade
- Kil'Jaeden's Burning Wish
- Shadow Satyr's Walk
- Will of Valeera

Warcraft Logs:
(apps without logs will be instantly declined)
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/4453166/13#metric=dps

Your UI in raid combat: (LFR is fine)
http://imgur.com/a/esRu5

Why are you applying to MM? How did you hear about us? Do you know anyone here?

I checked out wowprogress and saw that you guys were one of the best raiding guilds on the server. I am a stronger I don't know anybody from MM.

Why are you leaving your current guild? If we were to look at your guild history, would we find anything concerning?

To be honest, if you were to take a look at my guild history, it would show that I have not been part of a proper guild since WotLK - the guild I was in just collapsed due to everyone disliking the raid leader. The guilds I have been part of prior to WotLK have just been random ones that invite about 1 million people each day and don't actually do anything. So yeah, my guild history is pretty dull and boring.

Raiding experience while current:
In all honesty, my raiding experience is pretty noob, since back in the day I only played with mates and didn't really have a clue about what I was doing. I have a poor memory but from what I can remember, I cleared 10m normal/heroic ICC in wrath, didn't raid in cata, mop or wod. In legion I cleared EN HC in the first week (I think), cleared NH HC pretty early, however I didn't play until a month after it was released and finally I have cleared ToS HC, killing KJ after many, many attempts with different PuGs

What is your main spec? How long have you played this?
So my main spec is Subtlety. I have been playing it since 7.1.5.

What is your stat priority? Explain why.

Agility > Mastery >= Versatility > Crit > Haste

Agility is the best stat since it is a flat out dmg increase. Mastery is very good for sub as it increases the damage dealt by my finishing moves, and since eviscerate is about 45% of my damage on the most fights, it's incredibly strong. Versa is very good since it is another flat damage boost - just not as much as agi and mastery. Crit is okay, but isn't that important since I have the legendary shoulders which grant me 100% crit for 6 seconds after coming out of stealth. Finally haste is pretty terrible because it does not boost my eviscerate damage and that's where most of my damage comes from.

Why should we bring your class/spec to a raid? What do you feel is the defining feature of your class/spec?

Sub rogues bring a massive amount of single target damage to the raid. Rogues in general are very useful as they bring a lot of utility which other classes may not be able to bring to a raid, e.g. we can soak things with cloak of shadows and cheat death (maybe not a great example since we can't soak on KJ, but yeah :p), and rogues are also very mobile due to shadowstep/sprint. The defining feature of the sub rogue is that we excel at dealing single target damages when there are a lot of mobs around us, due to something called shuriken combo, so we're fantastic for bosses like harjatan, mistress and kil'jaeden.

What addons do you use to enhance your performance?
I don't use too many addons, but the ones I use are:
- WeakAuras
- DeadlyBossMods
- Pawn
- SimC
- Details
- MiksScrollingBattleText

Where do you find the latest information in relation to your class?
I watch the top players for my spec. So for sub rogue I watch this guy called Pyllerox, one of the best in the world, and replicate what he does: https://www.twitch.tv/pyllero

I also look at warcraftlogs regularly and check out what talents the top guys for sub are taking, I also check out their rotation to see if they're using a better one than myself

What do you do outside of a raid to improve your character, play style and performance?

I practice my rotation on training dummies a lot. I visit the top sub rogue streamers and ask them questions about why they're using a talent, or whether I should take the 2 set from nh and the 2 set from tos, or the 4 set for tos, vice versa. I also do a lot of M+ to get some extra pieces of gear to boost my DPS.

Do you ever change around talents depending on the encounter? If so please, give an example.
For the majority of fights, my talents will remain the same, however I will sometimes use marked for death instead of Death From Above for encounters like avatar, as it is really risky to use DFA due to unbound chaos and I have ended up killing a few people with it

What is your offspec? How comfortable would you be if we asked you to raid as your offpsec?
My offspec is assassination and I'd be absolutely fine with raiding as it. I only play what is strongest.

We raid Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays 20:00-23:00 Server Time. Are you able to commit to these times and days?
Yes, and I am able to go beyond those times if necessary.

Can you accept criticism? If not then do not apply, we frown upon shifting blame a lot more than people admitting to mistakes and improving on it.
I take criticism very well and never blame anyone else for my mistakes

Do you have a mic? Do you have a proper setup and internet connection to play the game competitively? (that is, at least 30 and ideally more fps in raids)
Yes, I have a microphone and play at 110 fps.

We all need the occasional raiding day off for various reasons, but we expect these reasons so to be fully disclosed at as early a time as possible to make planning an easier process. Have you any planned absences in the foreseeable future that we should know about?
I don't have anything coming up that will prevent me from raiding.

Do you have anything else to ad

I'm quite noob to guild applications so apologies if the formatting is terrible, but apart from that, I have nothing else to to add, I'm pretty boring and thank you for reading my application :)

Axl

Lumaa

The better and more sophisticated ***luma.
Jan 6, 2016
Hey Axl,

Thanks for the app, we'll discuss it and get back to you.

Kind regards,
Lumaa

OP
A

Axlrose

Jul 22, 2017
Hey there,

I've decided to withdraw my application. Good luck with your progression.

Cheers,
Axl

Lumaa

The better and more sophisticated ***luma.
Jan 6, 2016
Hey Axl,

Thanks for letting us know, best of luck with whatever your future holds!

Kind regards,
Lumaa