MM Portal for WoD

Smaj

RawR!
Staff member
Jan 7, 2013
Rightho chaps (and chappetes),

brainstorming time. We're considering tweaking the portal for WoD - as to how much or how little is up to you. If we don't get any comments or suggestions, we won't make any changes!

It can be anything from colour schemes, backgrounds to layouts and functionality. GOGOGOGO!

Arius

May or may not poison food
Nov 21, 2013
Dunno if it's too much work, but could be nice to have like the Forum feel more like a part of the portal. As at the moment it does kind of feel like 2 different websites. Though if that's a huge amount of work I guess it won't be too important :p

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Maybe a (togglable) widget would be possible that shows signups for the current day and next day while you are on forums?

Stronghammer

The strong one!
Apr 20, 2009
The Netherlands
Since Garrisons seem to be a big thing in the next expansion (THANK GOD something for ME to do, finally), maybe make the portal the personal MM guild garrison?

Stronghammer

The strong one!
Apr 20, 2009
The Netherlands
I mean make the portal feel like you are inside a garrison, with a barracks (member avatars) ect.

Just a thought, alot of work to make a real concept and portal for it tho

Jazende

Sacred vines, entangle the corrupted!
Staff member
May 12, 2008
maybe can contact ded to see if he's interested in making a new bannerimg for WOD

OP
Smaj

Smaj

RawR!
Staff member
Jan 7, 2013
Will have a look at the widget. As for the banner.... would be good if one of you could get in touch with Ded, given I don't even know him :D

And garrison.. we'll see how hard/easy it is to implement, and whether we'd just do a quick style make over colour wise etc. or a complete restructure.

OP
Smaj

Smaj

RawR!
Staff member
Jan 7, 2013
Maybe a (togglable) widget would be possible that shows signups for the current day and next day while you are on forums?

So you mean a widget while you're on the forum, sort of like the diff things below the shoutbox?

Also, how are you planning to manage lineups? Inbuilt raidplanner functionality (which also allows setting reserves etc.) or still copy/paste on forum (which might get a bit tedious and messy with 20+ raiders)?

Horsa

Back in my day, we swam to Tanaan and we liked it
Feb 21, 2014
Rightho chaps (and chappetes),

brainstorming time. We're considering tweaking the portal for WoD - as to how much or how little is up to you. If we don't get any comments or suggestions, we won't make any changes!

It can be anything from colour schemes, backgrounds to layouts and functionality. GOGOGOGO!

The interface for signing to raids seems a bit .....clicky.....and also not very visual in terms of being able to see at a glance on calendar view what u 'have' and 'havent' signed for .....is there a way of making it change colour when youve signed for it?

Yup, will look into it.

OP
Smaj

Smaj

RawR!
Staff member
Jan 7, 2013
So you mean a widget while you're on the forum, sort of like the diff things below the shoutbox?

Also, how are you planning to manage lineups? Inbuilt raidplanner functionality (which also allows setting reserves etc.) or still copy/paste on forum (which might get a bit tedious and messy with 20+ raiders)?

Ayuuuuuu ?

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Oh, yeah sorry.

Like a widget. When we still did 25 mans we used to confirm people on the site and that would generate an invite macro (i.e. /i Jazende, /i Plog etc). Is it possible to get something like that again?

OP
Smaj

Smaj

RawR!
Staff member
Jan 7, 2013
well, the actualy protal does create a macro IF you were to confirm folk there.... you could even mark folk as reserve etc. - it's had that capability since we stuck the new portal up :D

or you'd want it to be showing up on this forum? that bit i'm a bit confused as to what you mean