Graphic error

Jaghira

Jul 8, 2009
yeloha, wondering if the tech kinds up here can shed some light on this error i am getting.

basically my wow window will minimise itself and i get a blank screen when i try maximise the wow window (for about 10 sec

this is the error report generated by my system.
---------------------
Product
Windows

Problem
Video hardware error

Date
19/08/2010 15:48

Status
Not Reported

Description
A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

Files that help describe the problem
WD-20100819-1548.dmp
sysdata.xml
Version.txt

Extra information about the problem
BCCode: 117
BCP1: FFFFFA8007E49010
BCP2: FFFFFA6002926CF8
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_0_6002
Service Pack: 2_0
Product: 768_1

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Check if you have latest video drivers.

Remove (backup) config.wtf to rsset your video settings, then start.

Try running wow.exe with -opengl

OP
Jaghira

Jaghira

Jul 8, 2009
eerm, how do i run it with opengl? drivers should be latest ones.(running version 258.96)

Merlijn

Shadow Master
Mar 11, 2009
Check if you have latest video drivers.

Remove (backup) config.wtf to rsset your video settings, then start.

Try running wow.exe with -opengl

GJ enabling people to NOT run the launcher :<

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Huh? People use that? Screw having to click twice to load a game Oo

OP
Jaghira

Jaghira

Jul 8, 2009
still..that did not anwer the question

you nerds can have your tech war later, i was thinking more on a telepathic battlefield so us mere mortals dont have to witness the untold distruction.

Merlijn

Shadow Master
Mar 11, 2009
Huh? People use that? Screw having to click twice to load a game Oo

Woah, seriously?! Do you have any idea how much the launcher checks for keyloggers and the likings?

Automatic Trojan/Cheat-Program Scan

If a Trojan or third-party World of Warcraft cheat program is detected on the system on which the Blizzard Launcher is running, a message will appear with additional helpful information. Trojans are hidden programs designed for a number of malicious purposes, such as spreading computer viruses and stealing World of Warcraft account and password information. The Blizzard Launcher is intended as an additional level of security against these programs, but we strongly recommend that players also install dedicated anti-virus software on their computers.
Third-party cheat programs are designed to give players an unfair advantage in World of Warcraft. The scan that the Blizzard Launcher performs is provided solely for your protection and to give you an opportunity to remove any detected cheat program before you play World of Warcraft. It does not report any information back to Blizzard. If you choose to bypass the Blizzard Launcher (see below) and run World of Warcraft without removing any cheat program it might have identified for you, you risk having your World of Warcraft account closed if the cheat is detected while you're in game, regardless of who was responsible for installing it.
We've often found that players whose account information had been compromised by a Trojan program or whose World of Warcraft accounts were banned for using a third-party cheat program while playing were unaware that these programs existed on the computer they used to play the game. This scan will be particularly helpful to those players who share computer access with multiple users, as is the case in Internet gaming cafes and single-computer households.

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
^Authenticator.

What were you doing when you crashed, Jag?

Lebuff

Huge, throbbing Member
May 1, 2007
I can't maximize the window either. But for me the reason is that wow doesn't support my monitor's native resolution. It used to work though, but it looked like shit. I don't know what changed but now it doesn't anymore.

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
I can't maximize the window either. But for me the reason is that wow doesn't support my monitor's native resolution. It used to work though, but it looked like shit. I don't know what changed but now it doesn't anymore.

Did you install monitor drivers?

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Oh, I had a similar problem because I installed monitor drivers. It worked fine without them oddly enough.

OP
Jaghira

Jaghira

Jul 8, 2009
it just happens once wow is up and running ayu..funnily enough it only seems to happen when i am in wow...never had any problems with it before.

Croga

Says funny things =)
Sep 9, 2008
The Hellmouth
Before anyone starts yelling "A computer topic and Croga's not responding" again I just want to officially state that I haven't got a clue :p

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
it just happens once wow is up and running ayu..funnily enough it only seems to happen when i am in wow...never had any problems with it before.

Did you actually do the stuff I suggested or ignored it since Merlin had to reply <_<

Mystara

Master of Elements
Staff member
Dec 4, 2009
Before anyone starts yelling "A computer topic and Croga's not responding" again I just want to officially state that I haven't got a clue :p

Just need Chirrad not to know how to fix it then it's offically fucked ;)

OP
Jaghira

Jaghira

Jul 8, 2009
joy you nugget...i asked and asked again..how to do the opengl thing...but you kinda like spassed off with merl and your tech mumbo jumbo

jaggy only understands
food
ratting
belf ladies of the night

in that order.

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Go to your WoW folder, make a shortcut (right click drag WoW.exe and pick shortcut). Right click that shortcut, hit Properties.

Where it says Target it should look something like: "Blahblah\World of Warcraft\Wow.exe". Add -opengl at the end so it looks like: "Blahblah\World of Warcraft\Wow.exe" -opengl
Use that shortcut to open WoW with.

Jazende

Sacred vines, entangle the corrupted!
Staff member
May 12, 2008
1450550_f260.jpg

Have you tried turning it off and on again?