ZG Nerf

G

BWL has already been nerfed. No boss hit points may have changed but the rate at which adds spawn on Razorgore is significantly lower than it used to be and it seems to cap out at a lower number as well.

J

Job

Joyma said:
As usual, once many guilds can master a new raid instance it gets nerfed:

http://forums-en.wow-europe.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-dungeons-en&t=36357&p=1&tmp=1#post36357

BWL up next :?

It might be a nerf, but since it's just getting easier I dont see the problem. The best epic loot is still found in the (harder) Molten Core and BWL, while smaller guilds -that don't spend all day on raidtactics- do have a chance on some epics. This way the 3 not addicted WoW players get a fair chance on epics aswell.

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
I disagree, ZG offers quite alot of MC level gear.

A

Anevia

Gideon said:
BWL has already been nerfed. No boss hit points may have changed but the rate at which adds spawn on Razorgore is significantly lower than it used to be and it seems to cap out at a lower number as well.

well, earlier there was no cast time and cooldown on RGs Egg Destroy skill, so I'd say he's been buffed. Still being one of the harder encounters in BWL backs up this conclusion.

(note that I've killed none bosses in BWL :wink: I guess nor have Gideon)

D

Danya

Opps that was me (crazy forums let you post without logging in!)

Blozzom

Nov 3, 2005
Gideon said:
That was actually the first thing I said when we went to BWL after patch....

Anyway, ZG doesn't need a nerf, Hakkar needs a buff.... It's easier to wipe on trash than on Hakkar (unless a healer falls asleep....) :p

Galatea

Oct 28, 2005
Blozzom said:
Gideon said:
That was actually the first thing I said when we went to BWL after patch....

Anyway, ZG doesn't need a nerf, Hakkar needs a buff.... It's easier to wipe on trash than on Hakkar (unless a healer falls asleep....) :p

quite likley on hakkar blozz.... :cry:

Hom

Aug 30, 2005
From official forums:

We didn't make any changes in Blackwing Lair. We did alter the way the Nefarian reset works, but that's about it.

We have also since gone through all our data and verified that no changes were made to any mobs hitpoints or damage output.

Please note, we did make significant improvements to performance in Blackwing Lair. We added a performance slider to your graphics options. Also, we made some changes to the way the game reacts to UI modifications which caused a huge reduction in lag for many people. When players complained about lag months ago, we made it a priority to work on the issue. We've also been warning people for quite some time now that there are some pretty inefficient UI mods out there. We'll continue to work with the mod community to help them improve their performance.

My impressions of the razorgore fight was that the spawns seemed less frequent and I did notice that the dragonkin seemed more sparse.. Sure the new CoE will add a bit more dps, as do wizard oils etc but I dunno, seemed easier than before christmas. :| Maybe it could be the increased dps?

This link has some interesting reading with a lot of guilds seeming to confirm a nerf:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa .... post295729

Vael I have no idea as we hadnt done him pre 1.9 so wouldnt know.

I hate it when they nerf encounters I hated it when they nerfed ragnaros ages ago. There is something nice about a boss that is almost impossible to kill. It keeps you thinking and is a great goal that maybe only one or 2 guilds would ever do it.

- Hom

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
I think Lethon is a good example for that atm Hom. It would be problematic if a boss in a lineair instance would provide such a huge hurdle, but I think Bliz did a great job with the 4 green dragons.

A shame we never get a chance to kill 'em.

G

No matter what Blizzard say about "no changes" this wouldn't be the first time that they have altered something and it had an unexpected result somewhere else in the game. I don't think it is any coincidence that many servers (including our own) are seeing great progress past Razorgore now from guilds that hadn't even attempted him pre-1.9 patch.

The new hardware on Turalyon, UI code changes and graphics slider help a great deal but they are much more important for Vael than Razorgore. Certainly the past couple of weeks I have been able to stand on the controller platform and watch the Razorgore encounter for minutes at a time before I saw even one loose add.

Odin

Oct 5, 2005
Bring back old Divine Shield.

It was stealth nerfed in 1.9 such that you can't really use it to pull anymore, as far as I'm aware it wasn't mentioned in the patch notes at all.

I understand it's not to be used like this but it should still be documented.

Odin

Oct 5, 2005
George said:
Odin said:

It was stealth nerfed in 1.9 such that you can't really use it to pull anymore....

How so?

When you run into pull, then run away with the mob on you.... when you bubble (has only happened with Firemaw, Ebonroc and Flamegor at the moment) the mob picks the last person in the raid to have done something - be that buffed Inner Fire, started to drink.... danced? :s

Seems to still work on the trash but for those boss pulls it's fuckled and never was before.

M

Malar

Odin said:
George said:
Odin said:

It was stealth nerfed in 1.9 such that you can't really use it to pull anymore....

How so?

When you run into pull, then run away with the mob on you.... when you bubble (has only happened with Firemaw, Ebonroc and Flamegor at the moment) the mob picks the last person in the raid to have done something - be that buffed Inner Fire, started to drink.... danced? :s

Seems to still work on the trash but for those boss pulls it's fuckled and never was before.

We use pets to pull, though i guess paladins could work as well :p

M

Malar

Gideon said:
No matter what Blizzard say about "no changes" this wouldn't be the first time that they have altered something and it had an unexpected result somewhere else in the game. I don't think it is any coincidence that many servers (including our own) are seeing great progress past Razorgore now from guilds that hadn't even attempted him pre-1.9 patch.

The new hardware on Turalyon, UI code changes and graphics slider help a great deal but they are much more important for Vael than Razorgore. Certainly the past couple of weeks I have been able to stand on the controller platform and watch the Razorgore encounter for minutes at a time before I saw even one loose add.

Fixing the lag in Vael encounter made things so much easier. However having said that, wiping because an instant cooldown takes 4+ seconds when dps is critical is an exteremely lame reason.

I regret that its no longer possible to wipe my raidgroup on the thougher challenges though.