"Zen & The Art of Healbotting" (aka my UI)

Natalya

Oct 22, 2005
Recently rebuilt my UI from scratch. Currently using Discordia Action Bars and Nurfed Unit Frames along with a selection of other handpicked addons like Scrolling Combat Text, some parts of the CT_Mod, Titan Bar etc. Nothing too flashy here. Pretty standard stuff for UI tweakers. I was using Discordia Unit Frames too for a while but that seemed to have a considerable negative impact on my fps, so switched out of it, for now at least.

Without further ado, here's what WoW currently looks like to me on a rather busy day. I like to keep things simple and organized, but being a healer and all, there are times when that just isn't possible. Widescreen helps a lot though.

And here's the calm before the storm i.e. the zen-like emptiness of a preraid healer UI.

Probably gonna try and make some improvements to my setup soon, but currently I'm pretty happy with it.

S

Stuvvie

Again I see a priest with quite some room spend on chat screens...are you healing people so lonely or something? :roll:

Or important for all that matters :lol:

OP
Natalya

Natalya

Oct 22, 2005
Well, my chatskills are pretty sucky, so I really need to have separate windows for 'spam', party/raid and guild chats just to be able to keep track of what's going on. I spend most of my time staring at health bars so it would be impossible to keep track of things using only one window.

And I have the chat windows there so that I can see if someone has something important to say. I don't heal'n'chat. But only because I can't. :cry: I have no idea how people like Joy manage to whisper several people while casting a 1.5sec heal.

There are so many things healers must be aware of (or try to at least) that I guess most of them choose to make it as easy as possible by setting up multiple chat windows for different things for instance.

But it's true, they take up quite a lot of space. So I guess there's room for improvement there.

S

Stuvvie

Yeah I can quite understand that...I am not really watching chats, buttons and not even got Ctraid showing all parties.
When I am fighting I am constantly watching raid mana, health in raidtracker and keeping a eye on patrols to be ready for surprises...think that's a luxery a priest can't affort :)

Anyway I like how you laid out your UI, although a bit spread I got some inspiration for my new lay out aswell..btw that s+1 etc that you got on smite and mindblast and such is that Shift+1?

Kinda never thought about using shift + key would be a nice solution aswell since I am doing quite some things with mouse clicking still :|

R

Raz

Difference between playing a support class like tank/healer and a DPS class is quite big. If a rogue do a bit lower DPS one day who cares? What if a healer continues to forget to heal/buff/decurse? A tank forget to tank? Focus is needed for holding that aggro, or healing that n00b, and there is no time for chat, at least not for me. And often as not I need a audible signal for me to notice a message in my chat window. The results are quite a bit more noticeable when some biggie comes storming down toward the softies, the ones with time to write and whine :p

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
So, I am the only one that is ninja afk 70% of the time, chats 25% of the time and clicks button 5% of the time? :lol:

S

Stuvvie

Normally I stop doing anything if someone dies and do a /point /laugh :lol:

OP
Natalya

Natalya

Oct 22, 2005
Stuvvie said:
btw that s+1 etc that you got on smite and mindblast and such is that Shift+1?

Kinda never thought about using shift + key would be a nice solution aswell since I am doing quite some things with mouse clicking still :|
Yeah, my offensive spells are mapped to shift + numbers. Works well since I don't use them that much. I only use the mouse for targetting party members and players on the emergency monitor and heal using the keyboard. The plan is to map main spells to 1-10, offensive and some secondary spells to shift + 1-10 and special tricks and skills with timers to f1-f10.

Raz said:
And often as not I need a audible signal for me to notice a message in my chat window.
Excatly. When "going to town" it's really easy to miss messages. Hell, I'm still not sure what certain classes do in some of the MC boss fights since I never have time to look around and admire the scenery.

OP
Natalya

Natalya

Oct 22, 2005
Just bumped into this on the U.S. forums:

"CTRA bars.... That's what Molten Core looks like. Outside the bars a reddish black haze is sensed, but mainly Molten Core looks like brown text above a constantly dropping green bar."

QFT. :cry:

G

Natalya said:
Just bumped into this on the U.S. forums:

"CTRA bars.... That's what Molten Core looks like. Outside the bars a reddish black haze is sensed, but mainly Molten Core looks like brown text above a constantly dropping green bar."

QFT. :cry:

For some not to be named priest of ours it was a blur of pink text with disappearing green bars in the background.. :lol: