Vodoogoat - Resto shaman

Vodoogoat

Top 3 Brother
Jan 15, 2018
Tell us about yourself:
Hello
My name is Rikard and 24 (soon 25) year old boy from Sweden. Not too long ago I finished my civil engineering study's and have since been working as a consultant in blasting technology. I first started playing wow in vanilla and played until early cata where I took a long break from wow before I started again in legion. Other than that I'm a guy with a dry sense of humor who loves really bad puns.
Battle Tag: rikard#2794

Armoury link: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/doomhammer/vodoogoat
Warcraft Logs: In my current guild no one was dedicated enough to be logging and uploading the raids so therefore I started recently to that myself because I wanted too see how I was performing. Because of this there is not that many fights recorded.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/doomhammer/vodoogoat

Why are you applying to MM? How did you hear about us? Do you know anyone here?
I want to progress in mythic and that is not possible in my current guild. From various people I've heard that MM was a good guild and therefore I choose to try my luck here. I also had a chat with Damn Witch before making this application.
Why are you leaving your current guild? If we were to look at your guild history, would we find anything concerning?
My current guild is very casual and while its been nice at times, I have started to grow tired of being one of the few people making an effort in raids. As it is right now there is probably going to be very limited mythic progress in this guild and I do not want to miss out on that. There is a lot of nice people in the guild but they do not want the same from raiding as I do.
Raiding experience while current:
In TBC I was in the top horde guild on the server raiding Black temple and sunwell etc, however that is not really relevant anymore I guess.
I started playing again in legion around when ToS released and got 2 bosses down in mythic. Not to impressive but I'm looking to improve that mythic experience.
What is your main spec? How long have you played this?
My main spec is resto and have been since tbc and also all of legion (from release of ToS that is).
What is your offspec? How comfortable would you be if we asked you to raid as your offpsec?
Currently my best offspec is enhancement. I haven't been lucky with any good legionaries for this yet sadly but I can still do decent dps if I try. I would be much more comfortable playing resto but if I'm more needed as enh I would play that.
What addons do you use to enhance your performance?
Mainly weak Auras, elvui and dbm
What do you enjoy doing outside of a raids?
I really like m+ as I'm very competive in nature. However have been struggling to find a full team of people that want to push that. There is also times where I'm not playing wow, believe it or not, which I spend with going to the gym, painting and maybe drinking with friends.
We raid Saturdays 20:00-23:00 Server Time. Are you able to commit to this?
Should be most of the time, while a lot of the irl stuff is usually done on saturday I'll try to reschedule to another day if possible.
Can you accept criticism? If not then do not apply, we frown upon shifting blame a lot more than people admitting to mistakes and improving on it.
Fair criticism is appreciated, If I don't know what I'm doing wrong I can't improve and that is one thing I always strive for, improving my performance.

Do you have anything else to add?
I know my experience in mythic is limited but I'm usually a fast learner and I love challenges. Therefore I can assure you that even if I'm a bit shaky in the beginning I will do my best to research and get better and If given the chance be a good contribution to the team.

Smaj

RawR!
Staff member
Jan 7, 2013
Hi Vodoogoat,

Many thanks for your app! We'll discuss it and get back to you as soon as possible.

Kind regards,
Smaj

OP
Vodoogoat

Vodoogoat

Top 3 Brother
Jan 15, 2018
Coffee is important and I drink way too much of it, so I like coffee breaks and if I wont get any I might drink while I play

Menya

Predicts the future: Thera will never get Moon
Staff member
May 4, 2015
We raid Saturdays 20:00-23:00 Server Time. Are you able to commit to this?
Should be most of the time, while a lot of the irl stuff is usually done on saturday I'll try to reschedule to another day if possible.
Saturdays are the alt raids which are totally optional, you probably used the social application form.
Main raiding days are Wednesdays Thursdays and Sundays 20:00-23:00 server time.

OP
Vodoogoat

Vodoogoat

Top 3 Brother
Jan 15, 2018
yea I saw I used the wrong template, thought it looked like it missed some questions, should I reupload it or?

Menya

Predicts the future: Thera will never get Moon
Staff member
May 4, 2015
You can edit the questions or add them in a separate post, or reupload it, it's up to you, just say when you do so