sigh -

Moy

Jul 12, 2009
Got an email from blizzard.. a bit like this:

Greetings!
It has come to our attention that you are trying to sell/trade your personal World of Warcraft account(s).
As you may or may not be aware of, this conflicts with the EULA and Terms of Agreement.
If this proves to be true, your account can and will be disabled. It will be ongoing for further investigation by Blizzard Entertainment's employees.
If you wish to not get your account suspended you should immediately verify your account ownership. If the information is deemed accurate, the investigation will be dropped.
This action is taken because we at Blizzard Entertainment take these sales
quite seriously. We need to confirm you are the original owner of the account.
This is easiest done by confirming your personal information along with concealed information about your account.
You can confirm that you are the original owner of the account by replying to this email with:

Use the following template below to verify your account and information via email.
* First and Surname
* Date of birth
* Address
* Zip code
* Phone number
* Country
* Account e-mail
* Account name
* Account password
* Secret Question and Answer
-Or-
WoW CD-Key
Show * Please enter the correct information
If you ignore this mail your account can and will be closed permanently. Once we verify your account, we will reply to your e-mail informing you that we have dropped the investigation.
We ask you to NOT change password until the investigation is fully completed.
Blizzard Entertainment Inc
Account Administration Team
P.O. Box 18979, Irvine, CA 92623
Regards,
Account Administration Team
Blizzard Entertainment

And now my email has been changed and account has been hacked. Sigh what the hell.............
sigh, nothing ican do at the moment so if you see me online or someone online then please try and ignore it or something.

Hopefully i'l get it back soon as i have emailed blizzard, and been on tech site.

:<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Ehm, you understand that email is NOT from Blizzard and you didn't actually reply to it did you? Oo

Merlijn

Shadow Master
Mar 11, 2009
Sigh indeed.. people who fall for this deserve to have their account hacked.

Read the tips during logging in already.. one of them being : "A Blizzard employee will NEVER ask you for you password!"

also "P.O. Box 18979, Irvine, CA 92623" is located in the USA. Now why would they contact you from there if they have a European depermant to sort these things as well?

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
But seriously, you didn't really email your password freely over the interwebs to some vague email address right? Oo

Still hoping you posted that email because you received it at the same time, coincidentally....

Braque

Dec 14, 2005
Greetings Customer. We have reason to believe someone is trying to steal your credit card. Please send all your bank and credit card details, including PIN numbers and passwords, to me.

Cheers.

Arly

Non-Shouter
Oct 3, 2007
.................................................................______ __
......................................................,.-‘”............................``~.,
...........................................,.-”....................................................“-.,
.....................................,/......................................................................”:,
...............................,?........................................ ........................................,
............................/........................................................................... .............,}
........................./........................................................................... ......,:`^`...}
....................../........................................................................... .,:”............./
.....................?.......__......................................... ...................:`................/
.................../__.(.......“~-,_............................................,:`.............../
................/(_.....”~,_...........“~,_.............................,:`....... ...._/
...............{.._$;_........”=,_..........“-,_..........,.-~-,},.~”;/......}
................((.......*~_..........”=-._........“;,,./`....../”...................../
....,,,___.`~,.........“~.,..............................`....... }...................../
..................(......`=-,,..........`....................................(.........;_,,-”
................../.`~,.........`-......................................................./
...................`~.*-,.......................................................|,./.......,__
,,_..............}.>-._....................................................|................ ....`=~-,
.......`=~-,__........`,.................................................
............................`=~-,,.,..............................................
................................................`:,,..................... ...................`....................__
.......................................................`=-,............................,%`>--==``
..........................................................._........... ...._,-%..........`

OP
M

Moy

Jul 12, 2009
ofcourse i didn't give them the friggin password, what do you think i am....? :x i have no idea what to do, emails changed info's changed, only way they can track its my account is probably via my debit card that 'was' on there, (its not now btw). Phone lines currently conjested so what the hell can i do? theres apsolutely nothing i can do, and i can't really remember my secret questions as im not one to forget my password.

sigh this is knacked man...and actually the email was from @Blizzard.... and on the support sites etc which i read before applying it said that if thats the case then its safe to reply, although i refused to give them my password and even so they couldnt have got onto my account so i have no idea how they managed it....

so cheesed of..:< wtb authenticator

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Moy said:
ofcourse i didn't give them the fucking password, what do you think i am....?
Read your OP again, it's extremely unclear what you mean/did.
Moy said:
i can't really remember my secret questions as im not one to forget my password.
This is actually a very common mistake, people input a secret question that is so secret they don't know it themselves, just keep it simple and use the same one everywhere in case they actually want you to repeat the question itself! Of course this is not optimal security, but I feel it's a good security tradeoff to make. Yes I realise this doesn't help Moy in this case, but others can learn from it.
Moy said:
sigh this shits knacked man...and actually the email was from @Blizzard
Mail can be spoofed by anyone, there's no authentication system built into it, never trust a sender address.
Moy said:
.... and on the support sites etc which i read before applying it said that if thats the case then its safe to reply, although i refused to give them my password and even so they couldnt have got onto my account so i have no idea how they managed it....
This is ridiculous, which support site claims it's ok to reply with your password??

Gink

Nov 25, 2005
When I got hacked, Ayu made a thread on the official forums to mock me and everyone stood around me in a circle, pointing at me, laughing.... It was so sad :(

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Gink said:
When I got hacked, Ayu made a thread on the official forums to mock me and everyone stood around me in a circle, pointing at me, laughing.... It was so sad :(

Haha, yeah, I remember that. :D

I did never reveal your name though, I photoshopped it to be "Pink".