[ACCEPTED] Raider application: Depressíon – Doomhammer – Windwalker – Monk

depression

Anxiety is my alt
May 5, 2018
Tell us about yourself:
My name is Joel and I am from Northern Ireland. I am currently studying mechanical engineering, I have played WoW since cata but have only recently starting high level raiding in this tier.

Battle Tag:

tackysomeone#2345

Armoury link:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/doomhammer/depressíon

What traits are your weapons at? What legendaries have you obtained?

my WW weapon is at level 80 I have all WW legendaries

Warcraft Logs:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/doomhammer/depressíon

Your UI in raid combat:

https://imgur.com/a/nRX5ztv

Why are you applying to MM? How did you hear about us? Do you know anyone here?

I'm applying to MM because my current guild are moving to silvermoon which is something that I would not like to do. I first saw MM on wowprogress when I was looking for a guild to join on the server. I had no mythic experience at the time and so I decided that I would apply for a guild that had less progress so that I could learn the fights with them and improve.

Why are you leaving your current guild? If we were to look at your guild history, would we find anything concerning?

I am leaving my current guild because they are realm swapping to silvermoon, which is something that I do not wish to do, before that I was in a guild where the GM wanted to move to a different realm and so the guild was disbanded.

Raiding experience while current:

9/9 normal and hc ToS
7/11 mythic AtBT

What is your main spec? How long have you played this?

My main spec is windwalker I have been playing it since late nighthold, I would consider myself to know the class quite well and I keep up with what other monks are doing in the monk discord.

What is your stat priority? Explain why.

My stat priority changes depending on the amount of each stat I have, under normal circumstances my stat priority is mastery then crit but I have so much mastery at this point that versatility is my best stat. I regularly sim my stat weights and change my gear depending on the sims.

Why should we bring your class/spec to a raid? What do you feel is the defining feature of your class/spec?

WW monk bring high mobility combined with decent defensives and strong dps. in BFA we will also give a 5% physical damage buff for the raid.

What addons do you use to enhance your performance?

The addons I use are: Angry assignments, Bagnon, Bartender, DejaCharacterStats, Details!, GTFO, SimulationCraft, Tidy plates, WeakAuras 2, Shadowed Unit Frames and DBM

Where do you find the latest information in relation to your class?

I use peakofserenity (monk website) and check the monk discord

What do you do outside of a raid to improve your character, play style and performance?

I have recently started doing some higher level mythic+ as well as keeping up to date with current talent setups and rotations on the monk website and discord.

Do you ever change around talents depending on the encounter? If so please, give an example.

WW monk currently do not need to change talents for aoe and single target fights, the only thing that I might need to change is ring of peace for eonar/aggramar

What is your offspec? How comfortable would you be if we asked you to raid as your offpsec?

my offspec is MW i'm not very comfortable with the spec and only really play it in 2's and in low level mythic+

We raid Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays 20:00-23:00 Server Time. Are you able to commit to these times and days?

As I have discussed with a member of the team thursdays will be a problem with me, I cannot guarantee that I will be home on time that day this will only be until the end of June. Wednesdays and Sundays are not a problem for me.

Can you accept criticism? If not then do not apply, we frown upon shifting blame a lot more than people admitting to mistakes and improving on it.

I think that criticism is something that is needed in high level content, if I am doing something wrong I want to know what it is so that I can fix it.

Do you have a mic? Do you have a proper setup and internet connection to play the game competitively?
(that is, at least 30 and ideally more fps in raids)
I do have a mic, my computer is more than capable of sustaining 60 fps in raid.

We all need the occasional raiding day off for various reasons, but we expect these reasons so to be fully disclosed at as early a time as possible to make planning an easier process. Have you any planned absences in the foreseeable future that we should know about?

I do not have any absences planned in the foreseeable future

Do you have anything else to add?

I look forward to hopefully finding a new home in MM and progressing content both through the end of legion and beyond :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Smaj

RawR!
Staff member
Jan 7, 2013
Hey Depression,

Thanks for applying, we'll discuss and get back to you soon.

Kind regards,
Smaj

Smaj

RawR!
Staff member
Jan 7, 2013
Hey again,

I'm happy to say we're accepting you for trial, with back-up/fill for now based on the Thursday situ. Just /w an officer for a guild invite.

Kind regards,
Smaj