Pre Patch 8.0 releasing 4th of July or 27th of June?

Awaké

It's pronounced AW-AH-KEY.
Oct 9, 2017
Oslo, Norway
https://www.mmo-champion.com/thread...r-World-of-Warcraft-32-Bit-Client-This-Summer

Blizzard is advising players to upgrade from 32 to 64-bit clients by 1st of July, which is a Sunday. I would then conclude that the pre-patch will release the following Wednesday, 4th of July. But that would be a little weird wouldn't it? To release a big patch like this would fuck over a lot of people at work, on and after the date. So maybe they would get all that set the week before?

epeen

One Rejuv. JUST ONE REJUV, MAN.
May 14, 2013
possible that the client swap is so people can start pre-downloading the patch data?

Wizie

Trinkets, yes. Pretty trinkets! Great power.
Nov 6, 2016
I wish they'd just announce it early so people (or rather,guilds in particular) knew how long they had left.

But I don't think the 4th of July is out of the question. American Holiday and all that.
I think it'd either be 4th or 11th. I'm not sure we'll see the patch some out before the changes to the client support, but that's just me.

OP
Awaké

Awaké

Oct 9, 2017
Oslo, Norway
Usually there is 4 weeks between pre-patch and launch.
Legion had 5.

The Secret Finding Discord posted on their news page that they will be having giveaways for Beta keys the 4 coming weekends. So I would take it as they won't hand out Beta keys after the pre-patch have launched really. Wouldn't make sense since people have more to do already on live. So my next bet is 11th of July. Which would be 5 weeks before BFA like with Legion, I think they want to give people more time with all the changes that the pre-patch brings and not 4 "short" weeks.

OP
Awaké

Awaké

Oct 9, 2017
Oslo, Norway
We/ I at least had a 110MB update to Live server just now, does that mean it is pre-loading Pre-patch files? Will we actually see it the 26th or do they give a weeks notice?

OP
Awaké

Awaké

Oct 9, 2017
Oslo, Norway
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/411187738520322050/459549126988660746/VsSPGdy.png

On the PTR there is this event called "War of the Thorns" lasting from 19/6 to the 16/7, which is too long. Pre-Patch coming out the 18th of July in EU, giving people only 4 weeks for a stat squish, huge class changes and in the middle of vacations for a lot of people. Legion was 5 weeks. WoD had a stat squish and had only 4 weeks, but that was in the fall. I don't know. They can do whatever suits them the best, but another 4 weeks from this date until Pre-Patch, jeez.

Wizie

Trinkets, yes. Pretty trinkets! Great power.
Nov 6, 2016
For those that missed it, they said during the Q&A that they wouldn't give a release date for it until they were pretty much done and knew that it could be out the door by then.

And you won't be downloading anything from the PTR until it's marked as a release build afaik. That'd be kind of pointless.
More than likely it was something to do with the midsummer event, but who knows.

Also related to this, Wowhead just published an article with speculation regarding it.

The last two sentences in that, regarding the mage tower and arena finals, makes it seem likely to me that it's gonna be later than I originally thought at least.

OP
Awaké

Awaké

Oct 9, 2017
Oslo, Norway
By the looks of things. 18th of July is looking like the correct date for the Pre-patch.
Mage Tower got active last week, and the event on PTR that ends the 16th, no word on PVP season ending yet (before Legion it was a 11 days notice) which is coming up this weekend. So we will get an official statement either this weekend or on Monday I suppose.