Paladin UI Thoughts / Suggestions Wanted

Braque

Dec 14, 2005
To get the most from the new Holy talents/abilities, I'm looking for suggestion for a mod that tells me when certain buffs/debuffs expire. Some are buffs from procs on me, some are buffs I cast on others, some are debuffs want to keep up.

Beacon of Light - 1min buff I cast on someone in the raid. I'd like to get notice when it expires / is about to expire. Since it gives healing to someone other than my target, clicking back to check the buff timer on them is a waste of time/brain power, and I might want a mob or 3rd player on /focus. I could do this with a macro to add a custom timer in BigWigs, or add it to Grid (maybe confusing with more than 1 holy paladin in a raid) but I'm looking at other options.

Judgements of the Pure - 1min haste buff on myself when I cast a Judgement, I'd like a message / timer that tells me when it expires / is about to expire. Again, I could do this with a macro to add a custom timer in BigWigs, but I'd like to consider other options.

And of course Judgement of Wisdom/Light - 20s debuff on a mob. Would be nice to get a timer/warning when these expire, since I don't target the mob much when raid healing. And yeah, I know if I keep JoL/JoW up I get JotP 'for free', but sometimes I'll want the haste buff without really giving a damn about the debuff, and there might be other paladins also judging in the raid.

Also, something that tells me when the Infusion of Light buff procs, looking for the buff in the sea of buffs is a nightmare. If I reduced the amount of crap in my SCT that might work.

K

Khalo

Don't know if it still works now but ClassTimers is good for procs/debuff times etc. Always used it to track my dots when i still raided on my Shadow Priest. It might have been succeeded by another addon by now, not really sure.

As for general 5 mins, Hour buffs or whatever, it's pretty useless if you're looking to do any of that.

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo .... timer.aspx

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Hmm, problem is most addons work on target/focus and such, Braque is looking for something different. Think you'll have to figure out something with Grid, but as you said, different paladins might cause problems, unless you want to share the alert actually, dunno.

Bani

Apr 13, 2007
Berlin
ClassTimers still works, but I've recently replaced it with Fortexorcist, which is superior in almost every way.

It would give you one window with grouped bars for cooldowns/spells.

So you'd see
---Peridot---
Bacon of Light 13s
---Brutallus---
Judgment of Light 5s
---Braque---
Judgment of the Pure 27s
Infusion of Light 10s
Essence of the Martyr 13s

It also treats cooldowns and dot/buff durations identically, which is of course wicked as a shadowpriest, and it can give you textbox messages for certain events.

Unfortunately, Paladins aren't listed as a supported class, but maybe it works anyway? The config options are pretty hardcore.

Also, I'm new to it, but ElkBuffBars might be able to do a lot of what you asked for too