Oh no!

OP
Galatea

Galatea

Oct 28, 2005
Not funny right now croga, been speaking to a friend of mine, and it's not looking promising, short of taking it in to an apple store, it seems it's just dead, vaguely hoping it will randomly be ok when I get home this afternoon :(

Croga

Says funny things =)
Sep 9, 2008
The Hellmouth
Sorry hun, just going with the meme.....

Anyway..... If it's an iMac then you're really looking at taking it back, there's no way you can repair that. And I hope it really doesn't randomly be ok as that means it'll die on you again, most likely when you're working on something important :(
If it's a Mini you might be able to do something as it's basically standard PC components. But even then just "dead" is a difficult one; most likely a power supply thing, could be a problem with the power button (let's hope it's that because that would mean an easy repair with no damage to data)

Mystara

Master of Elements
Staff member
Dec 4, 2009
Croga said:
In b4 lolmac!

Damn you!

But in all seriousness it probs will have to be a trip to the store regardless of which type it is. Believe Apple get pretty shirty if you try and fix stuff yourself. Could be all sorts of things regarding power supply but check to see if it's the fuse in the actual plug to start with. I highly doubt it but you'll feel like a right tool if you take it down and that was the only fault.

OP
Galatea

Galatea

Oct 28, 2005
Yup, it's an iMac, sealed unit, can't check anything, annoyingly I can't *just* go to the apple store, since I live NOWHERE near any! (yes I know, I am a country bumpkin or something) I know an official collect by courier company, but I already dud that for something else once, I knew my computer needed replacing just hoped it'd live a bit longer!

I am out all day, still hoping it'll wake when I get home :(

Jazende

Sacred vines, entangle the corrupted!
Staff member
May 12, 2008
Sorry gala but..

apple,mac,pc,divertente,informatica,webcam-f4986c8c857895d341a1ea221682b50b_h.jpg

Lebuff

Huge, throbbing Member
May 1, 2007
Break whatever was broken the last time. Quick!

From PC experience it could be a light electrical short (the computer won't turn on if it senses one). It can be caused by moist in the wrong place. So try placing your computer in a very dry place for a while and maybe it will start to work again. Also leave it unplugged.
It's a longshot, but easy to try.