New MM portal live and kicking!

Tyche

The Punisher
Dec 30, 2008
The Netherlands
Hi guys!

Happy to say that with tons of work by Smaj (all hail Smaj!) and some assistance from Joy, a little help by us officers (just a little!), we finally managed to get a new portal website.

So, register on our new page, take a look around and get yourself familiar with our new site! It has lots of new features, for both raiders and members. Smaj is still working on a few things, but it should be usable for everyone as of today.

sugar_cookies_580.jpg

Cookies for Smaj!

Any questions or tips to make it even better - post in this thread!

Greetings,

Le Tush

PS. Once you registered, one of the officers/Smaj needs to give raiders access to certain pages. Be patient with us and poke us if needed!

OP
Tyche

Tyche

The Punisher
Dec 30, 2008
The Netherlands
A few new features to help some people get started:

- Newly registered members need to get appropriate access levels given by officers or Smaj. Ask them if it's taking too long and you want to start signing for raids.

- When you register + at your 'MyAccount' tab, you can find a 'Holidays' box. At this box you can pre-set dates that you're gone on holiday or away for work, moving houses and all that stuff (hover over the text to see how to submit it). It will place you as auto-away for signing raids during those dates, which will make it easier for raiders to see if someone is away on a holiday (and to remember).

- The portal will give you a notice if you haven't signed for a raid, if there's a raid that day. So, if you forget to sign but check the portal reguarly, it will show a pop-up to tell you to sign/unsign.

- Go to Roster -> Raiders to see some info about our raiders. hover over their picture to see the 'selfies' people made. A popup will show, showing achievements, spec etc. Shift + hover over the picture to see even more info, click on the picture to go to their armory. Same counts for socials (Members page)!

- Officers can create events for either raiders (normal raids), all MM members (social events etc) or open raids (for all registered members). So feel free to ask an officer if you want to make an event for not just raiders, but also MM socials or even more people!

- If your picture is not on there (your selfie as a raider, I think we have all other pics complete) or if you're a social and you have no selfie either, poke us with a link of a screenshot so we can put it up there.

- If you have videos or pictures that we can place under Recourses - feel free to link them here or in PM's!

Will place more here if needed.

Smaj

RawR!
Staff member
Jan 7, 2013
- Newly registered members need to get appropriate access levels given by officers or Smaj. Ask them if it's taking too long and you want to start signing for raids.

Don't forget to check your spam folder for the registration mail

Merlijn

Shadow Master
Mar 11, 2009
Noticed that raid start and end times are 1 hour late when I select Amsterdam as timezone.

Smaj

RawR!
Staff member
Jan 7, 2013
Working on a bit that will display lineup on the homepage.... something like Date/Raid followed by a list of names/role, with idk, green for confirmed, yellow backup, grey away (or leave out completely) and then red for unsigned. It's a bit buggy atm.... so I've taken it off for now. Would save having to do forum posts....

So if any of you are good with php, do let me know - I'm terrible at it :D

Plog

Clevery Guy
Aug 26, 2005
Just noticed that the website looks all wrong when i'm at work with my shitty monitors. There isn't room for the whole width of the page so images overlap text. Not a massive problem but if its easy to fix then why not.

Smaj

RawR!
Staff member
Jan 7, 2013
If you get a chance, take a few screenshots pls, so I know exactly which part is not 'resizing' properly. Ta

Plog

Clevery Guy
Aug 26, 2005
You can probably get the same thing to happen if you bring up favourites on the sidebar and make it really wide.

Smaj

RawR!
Staff member
Jan 7, 2013
Tried that.... all sorts of resizing. On mine, the only thing that's messed up is the recruitment bit on the left (stupid table based code).

Smaj

RawR!
Staff member
Jan 7, 2013
bahhhhhhhhhhhh. ta Best Buddy. still fine on mine though :( - i'll have a look shortly

Mystara

Master of Elements
Staff member
Dec 4, 2009
Yeah that's the bug I noticed on the wip site. Thought we (the royal we meaning you really) fixed it :(

Lai

Apr 23, 2006
It would be really cool if there was a way (on the "big" raid calender) to see if you are signed up or not, so that you don't have to double check by clicking a specific raid and then sign up/off.

That way you would have a pretty nice and clear overview over the raids you have signed/unsigned for without having to check each raid.

That possible?

Smaj

RawR!
Staff member
Jan 7, 2013
Will see what I can do. Hopefully Ater will have some time to give me a hand with coding, as it's been giving me a headache :D

As for the bit Plog noticed, got temp fix in (at least for the top part).

Smaj

RawR!
Staff member
Jan 7, 2013
If you are logged in on the new site, you'll see this list of raids on the left (on homepage and myaccount), the times are set to your timezone (hence the 19:00 for me). It's a work in progress, so not ideal, I know:

6srYBXz.png

Let's take top raid for example. If you have signed up, you'll get the following on hovering over the raid:

9MGaXnp.jpg
Charname + Role (+ 'Status' IF one of the officers changes it to approved/backup etc. for that raid).

If you haven't signed up, nothing will pop-up.

Clicking the link will take you to the sign-up page.

Reactions: Tyche