Meritocracy

Braque

Dec 14, 2005
Hi,

I'd like to start playing Arenas again, I was active in Season 1 and the first half of Season 2, with 3v3 and 5v5 team, but for variose reasons since about half way through Season 2 I've only been playing 2v2 (with Ursanis).

I'd like to revitalise (or reform) my 5v5 and/or 3v3 team in time to be practiced enough to be competative in Season 3. I'm happy for one of the two brackets to be a just for fun / 10 games a week thing, but I want to be part of at least 1 competative (ie, aiming for 1850+ rating) team.

If your interested in competative arenas for S3, or a more casual team, and don't have an active team, then let me know which bracket, and we can try to organise something.

For 5v5 I'm mostly interested in a 2.5 healer / outlast team, making use of heal-reduction debuffs and mana drain.

EDIT -> Interested People for 5v5

Paladin: Braque
Mage: Cronosone
Hunter: Eagleeye
Holy/Disc Priests: Galatea, Belagio, Teowen
SPriest: Azmi
Feral: Nighteyes
Shaman: (mylamber)/Ozzimandius
Warrior: Thundris, Tyds (if ayu gets a mic)
Warlocks: Kirki, Lebuff

Gink

Nov 25, 2005
Arena PvP

warlock
shadow priest
holy paladin
resto druid
ms warr

is a group i'd like to try for 5v5, bit lacking on the CC side, but a pretty powerful setup i think.
sucks for me to involve myself in any serious teams cause im away so much for work tho, no mather how much i want to :(

E

Eagleeye

Arena PvP

Im still up for competetive teams, was just Rob that killed all of ours not me :p

R

Raynak

Arena PvP

Eagleeye said:
Im still up for competetive teams, was just Rob that killed all of ours not me :p

So i was so important the teams couldnt function without me? :p

E

Eagleeye

Arena PvP

Oh, Rob is briefly a PvP spec again so if we are all on at some point today we can do the 3v3. We went 7-3 in 2v2 yesterday (would have been 8-2 bit i DC'd in 1 game) and ended up 1950 ish :)

M

mylamber

Arena PvP

I can bring my Shaman, (not the best PvP gear) or my Warlock( almost full merciless) for a 5v5 or anything tbh.

Santur

Emo Rap Fan
Oct 9, 2007
Arena PvP

I want to try out the ultimate outlast/mana burn team! 3 healers, 3 mana burners, 2 dps :D

Paladin: Healing
Druid: Healing & CC
Priest: Tank, mana burn & healing
Hunter: DPS, mana burn & CC
Warlock: Mana burn, CC & DPS

One of the top rated 'locks from S1 wanted to transfer the successful 2v2 Warlock+Pala/Drood outlast team to 5v5, and used the above setup. Hes been reporting on the forums, and I think they are #1 in their battlegroup now :)

If the 2.3 buffs prove to be good enough to make Hunters wanted in teams I've got the gear and experience ready :p

U

Ursanis

Arena PvP

1-3 locks
1-3 Spriests
1 resto shaman (possibly holy pala or heavy geared holy/disc priest)
is the setup I wanted to try.
Not sure if I want to be the lock or the shaman on that team tho ;P

OP
Braque

Braque

Dec 14, 2005
Arena PvP

Raynak said:
Eagleeye said:

So i was so important the teams couldnt function without me? :p

Yes. Well, mostly. In our 3v3 we had no subs, in the 5v5 well, most people could be sub'd but we had no spare healing-reduction-debuff-guy, so that made it pretty futile to play without you. But this thread isn't about the past, its about the future. And I'd definitly prefer to run both brackets with at least one healing debuff (be it MS, aimed-shot, or wound poisen).

OP
Braque

Braque

Dec 14, 2005
Arena PvP

I've updated the OP with people looking at joining a 5v5 line up. If your on the list and can't play Saturday evenings, let me know and I'll take you off the list. If your not on the list, and you want to be, let me know as well. I'm looking to run a team where no one member is irreplacable, and so need enough people for subs & line up changes, could end up with as many as 10 in the 5v5 though 8 is more likley a workable number.

I'd like to form the team (or take over Meritocracy) and do some test games for next Saturday (27th).

M

mylamber

Arena PvP

yea i acn make saturday nights, so throw in my shammy or whatever.

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Arena PvP

I'd be available on my Warrior, but I basically have like 11 resilience only D:

Ozzimandius

The Beard and the Bacon
Apr 30, 2007
Arena PvP

Ozzi is available for healing in arena's. His resillience count is 111 but presonally i don't think shammies are a good arena class unless they are elemental. I also have a feral druid in 4/5 merc gladiators gear and S1 feral mace. Also have verteran's or marshal's gear in every other slot. His resillience is at 324 and I have alot more experience in pvp with him. But either way, count me in for a possible 5v5.

M

mylamber

Arena PvP

Thinking a bit i would prefer to take my Shaman rather than Lock.

Can spec elemental PvP too so feel free to choose!

OP
Braque

Braque

Dec 14, 2005
Arena PvP

Ayu said:
I'd be available on my Warrior, but I basically have like 11 resilience only D:

Get a mic Ayu, my experiance is that voice (TS or Skype) is vital for arenas.