LF Random Mount addon

Tyche

The Punisher
Dec 30, 2008
The Netherlands
Anyone that uses a working addon that selects mounts randomly (based on %skill allowed in the area, so flying when possible)? I guess I could just make a macro for it, but I really cba to type out all the mounts I have.

I did look it up on Curse but the only thing I found was an addon that was outdated and didnt work anymore according to the comments.... :)

Mystara

Master of Elements
Staff member
Dec 4, 2009
OMG READ THIS FIRST. REPLACE G WITH GROUND MOUNTS eg. Black War Steed and F WITH FLYING MOUNTS eg. Bronze Drake

Code:
/run g,f={G,G,G},{F,F,F};z={["Dalaran"]=g,["Wintergrasp"]=g,["Krasus' Landing"]=f};f=z[GetSubZoneText()]or z[GetZoneText()]or(IsFlyableArea()and f)or g;z=(IsMounted()or CallCompanion("MOUNT",f[random(#f)]))and IsFlying()or Dismount()

Is a semi decent plain old macro that works nicely for those with Cold Weather Flying.

Had a very very quick look on curse for mount addons but they mostly do that anyway....

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
I'm sure Merlijn can make one of those. He's awesome in LUA.

Just make sure you carry around a bag of these to pay him for it. ^_^
pp-30pcs1.jpg

Croga

Says funny things =)
Sep 9, 2008
The Hellmouth
Is a semi decent plain old macro that works nicely for those with Cold Weather Flying.
Had a very very quick look on curse for mount addons but they mostly do that anyway....

All the "area" crap is quite superfluous. If you simply say "mount a random flying mount" then "mount a random non-flying mount" the worst that will happen is that you get an error on the first on. That's how I used to do it.
Problem is that we're now looking at 50+ mounts. I'm not gonna list them all in a macro. I couldn't even as the number of characters in a macro is too limited.

Just make sure you carry around a bag of these to pay him for it. ^_^

Wut? Liquorice coins?

Chirrad

Sep 29, 2009
I used to use smartmount prior to patch 4, not sure if that still works. Now I use arkinventory, which is actually a bag addon that now has a random mount feature. Works fine for me as long as you remove sea turtle from the list of ground mounts its allowed to use - it would occasionally pick that one!