Joy's UI

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Remake of Maelos UI for my resolution, with some additions/changes.

[attachment=0:gpnde11n]joy_ui.jpg[/attachment:gpnde11n]

PS. I haxed it a bit since Omen is empty on Muru ;)

Bani

Apr 13, 2007
Berlin
I'm surprised how far away your spell cooldowns, boss timers and DoT durations are. moving those as close together as possible helped me a lot with maintaining high dps and not blowing up the raid with gas nova, conflag etc....

But yours is a lot prettier than mine ^^

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Where is your combat log? Oo
Also, way too much of the screen covered IMO. Anything above the grid window should be put somewhere below, like the buff thingy since you don't need 2 chat boxes, do you?

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Bani said:
I'm surprised how far away your spell cooldowns, boss timers and DoT durations are. moving those as close together as possible helped me a lot with maintaining high dps and not blowing up the raid with gas nova, conflag etc....

But yours is a lot prettier than mine ^^
Well conflag is a big warning in the middle of the screen, plus alot of noise, so that's not a problem. Same for gas nova really. What you can't see here is the bigger DBM bars when stuff is on a few seconds, which are really hard to miss.

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Ayu said:
Where is your combat log? Oo
Also, way too much of the screen covered IMO. Anything above the grid window should be put somewhere below, like the buff thingy since you don't need 2 chat boxes, do you?
Geez, having two chatboxes was like the first requirement I had for my UI Oo My main window usually has a lot of whispering, I would have to constantly scroll back up if I had everything in one window. If anything I would want bigger chatboxes.

Combat log is hidden, don't look at it unless needed.

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
After feedback, I agree the bufflist should be smaller, but not sure how I'm going to do that. I love Elkbuffbars, it's so awesomely customizable, so I will probably just tweak the scaling a bit.

And most likely getting rid of Decursive, that should clean up the center somewhat.

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Cronostwo said:
clique + grid > decursive
Yea I have both, but decursive is simpler, turns decursing into whack-a-mole without needing any other button modifier, which I didn't have available, everything was bound to different heals in Clique.