Homeworld!

OP
Stronghammer

Stronghammer

The strong one!
Apr 20, 2009
The Netherlands
They did seem to have lost the source code for the Cataclysm expansion (Homeworld 1), VERY big shame. Tho I fell in love with it during Homeworld (1) itself, Cataclysm was my favourite :<

Still, the big graphic overhaul of both Homeworld 1 and 2 is huge. No game (Space RTS) has come close to the gaming experience (and STORY) this game has. very very worth it.

Jazende

Sacred vines, entangle the corrupted!
Staff member
May 12, 2008
I've never played Homeworld before. Anything you can compare it too?

OP
Stronghammer

Stronghammer

The strong one!
Apr 20, 2009
The Netherlands
Nothing really comes to mind to compare it with, it was and still is a masterpiece when it comes to RTS and nobody really got close to it. Basicly you start with a mothership that act as a main "base" where you can do research and build, the key is to find a balance between your attack ships (fighters, frigates and capital ships) to defeat ze enemy. You can move in any direction (space, duh) and its all quite tactical yet easy to understand.

If you like playing either RTS games or just space games this is a must play for sure.

OP
Stronghammer

Stronghammer

The strong one!
Apr 20, 2009
The Netherlands

Is a short gameplay video of a skirmish game from the original (not remastered) Homeworld 2, give quite a good impression on the looks of gameplay, he isnt showing interface much tho.