Goin to have to stop for a while.

Ozzimandius

The Beard and the Bacon
Apr 30, 2007
Hi guys,

I'm sorry to say this but I'm going to have to take a break from raiding for the foreseeable future.
As the rest of the raiders may know, I struggle with a faulty laptop that I got from dell which is no longer under warranty (should teach me to do some more research before I purchase). I've tried everything I can think of to combat the problem I have with temporary solutions such as underclocking the gfx card and what not but today, while doing CM's, I realized this was no longer working and I was wasting other poeple's time as well as my own.

I have an old laptop which I used to use back in cata when I was casual, but it isn't strong enough to raid on. I'll take my current computer to a computer store for one last attempt to have it fixed, but the problem is so pervasive throughout this entire model of computer (replacing the complete motherboard doesn't help in most instances) that I doubt whether anything can be done.

I also don't have enough money to buy a new computer at this time so I don't know when I'll be back.

Merlijn

Shadow Master
Mar 11, 2009
Really a shame this is happening but I understand your decision Ozzi. If I had the ability to help out I would but my 7yo laptop will probably be even worse compared to what you have now. Hope to see you return soon!

Smaj

RawR!
Staff member
Jan 7, 2013
*sniff! Already missing you.... get back here sooooooooooon!

Plog

Clevery Guy
Aug 26, 2005
If you can come to Cardiff Ozzi I got a laptop that can play WoW pretty well. It needs to have the power supply plugged in to work and it has Linux installed on it atm but youre welcome to have it because I dont use it! :p

But man that sucks balls. :( You're like my favourite person in MM. (everyone else sucks)

Lebuff

Huge, throbbing Member
May 1, 2007
No matter when you'll be back Ozzi, we will always remember you as a real heavyweight when it comes to raiding.

OP
Ozzimandius

Ozzimandius

The Beard and the Bacon
Apr 30, 2007
Thanks all. Im currently seeing what I can do about still possibly getting a new budget comp (with the help of Ater). Even if I can though I'll likely not be raiding before May at the earliest.

And Plog, I invited you over here first! We got beers and abbeys and abbeys full of beers.

.... and we have Best Buddy ....

Stronghammer

The strong one!
Apr 20, 2009
The Netherlands
Ozzi, since me and Tyche are moving we will have a spare computer (my previous one), it is more then suited to play current games with (ATI HD5970, 8GB RAM and I think a I7 930). All it needs is a new hard disk, a monitor and the keyboard and mouse. If you want it and can spare a trip to Eindhoven it's yours. Would donate it to some family member who barely knows where to find the power button otherwise.

Reactions: Tyche

Jazende

Sacred vines, entangle the corrupted!
Staff member
May 12, 2008
Finish your house soon and I'll drive us up there.

Merlijn

Shadow Master
Mar 11, 2009
I got a spare SSD (OCZ Vortex) to fill in the hard disk spot. Might even have a spare monitor (not 100% sure though but will check).

OP
Ozzimandius

Ozzimandius

The Beard and the Bacon
Apr 30, 2007
Wow, I don't know what to say guys. I'm a bit humbled here (and that doesn't happen often). Thank you, thank all of you.

But you got to let me pay you or something, I mean, well you know what I mean. I don't want to sound awkward (too late). Whenever Best Buddy and you guys are available I would love to come up to Eindhoven. My weekends are pretty much wide open so whenever it suits everyone involved is fine by me.

Just...wow.

Merlijn

Shadow Master
Mar 11, 2009
I checked btw and don't have the monitor anymore that I thought I had. Already gave it to someone who broke his twice in 2 months time. Did find a 500GB HDD though so you can have some extra storage besides the 128GB on the SSD ;)

Tyche

The Punisher
Dec 30, 2008
The Netherlands
Hi Ozzi, Jazzie,

You are welcome to visit us next weekend to pick up the pc if thats an option for you two. We're moving in on thursday so we'll be there all weekend. As payment you can treat us to some lunch/dinner or something. ;)

Jazende

Sacred vines, entangle the corrupted!
Staff member
May 12, 2008
I managed to get the car (since our other car was crashed upon we only have one available)... so I hope you can do saturday, Ozzie. From about (noon sounds to late, lets make it) 1.00?