Gnomish Interrupter Modification

Chirrad

Sep 29, 2009
Gnomish Interrupter is a good addon for reporting when you successfully interrupt something, but it has no configuration and only reports to /party. I've modified it slightly to report to a channel if you're in it (mmblowme), or /party if not.

If you want to use this modification, install GnomishInterrupter from curse/wherever, then open the Interface\AddOns\GnomishInterrupter\GnomishInterrupter.lua file. Change the from....

Code:
SendChatMessage(msg, "PARTY")
to
Code:
local chanindex = GetChannelName("mmblowme")
if chanindex == 0 then
	SendChatMessage(msg, "PARTY")
else
	SendChatMessage(msg, "CHANNEL", nil, chanindex)
end

I've attached the modified file if you don't want to change it yourself. (rename to remove the .txt extension)

Merlijn

Shadow Master
Mar 11, 2009
would be nice to edit it that it only uses mmblowme when in raids and else just party. If you won't do it I'll do it myself <3

OP
Chirrad

Chirrad

Sep 29, 2009
Tbh that's not what I wanted it to do. Enough random interrupt spam already, so I only join mmblowme on an interrupt fight (except last night when I was testing it). Also I made the changes between fights so didn't bother looking up how to detect whether in raid!

Tbh it should be easy enough to make a configuration interface for it- might save that for another wipe night between tries!