Eldarths Might Machine >:

Mista

The Rogue
Aug 28, 2005
stop running in a window for starters. then get rid of that awful UI. they usually chop chop fps.

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Yea lol, you dont really run in a window with low FPS right, that'd be proper daft <_<

OP
E

Eldarth

Jul 4, 2008
Right, ive turned windowed mode off. Stuck everything on max except shadows and well.... slightly different outcome.
Ill just use an old computer screen as a 2nd for internet and other things.

Cheers for the help ladies.

&
Mista said:
get rid of that awful UI.
that hurt my feelings :(

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Except for the graphics card, your PC is actually better than mine and I have less issues than you.

OP
E

Eldarth

Jul 4, 2008
Ayu said:
Except for the graphics card, your PC is actually better than mine and I have less issues than you.

I changed my graphics card to a nvidea 8300 gsomething whatever that is.
Payed my brother 2k ages ago to trade his graphics card for mine and stick it in.

Cronocious

Mar 24, 2007
that fps will drop a lot next time you enter 25man raid combat btw, standing still in SW is about the best you can get

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Seriously, remove Recount. I can't stress this enough, Recount is a resource hog, if you can't live without meters get Skada. But for the love of god, remove Recount if you have FPS issues.

Aston

OIL?! STUPID ANIMALS!
Sep 9, 2005
Out of everything I have done in the past to improve FPS, removing Recount was by far the best thing I have done. Totally agree with Ayu, it is a horrible resource hog.

OP
E

Eldarth

Jul 4, 2008
Cronocious said:
that fps will drop a lot next time you enter 25man raid combat btw, standing still in SW is about the best you can get

Prior to the changes i still had 11.

Jazende

Sacred vines, entangle the corrupted!
Staff member
May 12, 2008
If you don't want to get rid of recount, atleast clear the memory every so often. You got 30mb of crap stored even outside of raids, that's all useless.

OP
E

Eldarth

Jul 4, 2008
Recount is gone, skada is in. I've gained an extra 6fps.
I feel so cool being able to see my energy regenerate 1 by 1 and not in stacks of 2 7 or even 30 at some stages.

Damonkey

Mar 10, 2009
Eldarth said:
Recount is gone, skada is in. I've gained an extra 6fps.
I feel so cool being able to see my energy regenerate 1 by 1 and not in stacks of 2 7 or even 30 at some stages.
^^lmao :p

Croga

Says funny things =)
Sep 9, 2008
The Hellmouth
Other things you could turn off to get better FPS:

- Nameplates. They don't seem like a lot but they take up a lot of screenspace and thus cost you graphic performance
- Scrolling combat text. Same again.

Your biggest bottleneck is likely not CPU or memory as the 8300 card you're using basically sucks donkeycock. Disabling recount will add a bit, but likely not a lot of FPS. Graphics is all you can fiddle with....

If you're using Vista of Win7 there's an option to turn of OS graphics thingies when you start WoW. You should probably find that option and enable it although I think this only works for windowed mode (explaining the huge rise in FPS after going fullscreen)

Nicolaco

Count Nicol, III.
Apr 19, 2009
AS Croga said for win vista (or 7) that seems u are using u can disable the the desktop manager graphic look for it in services.
Also clear up the wtf folder i bet u have alot there from recount and addons that u are still using - helps alot.
From time to time when u are in TOC do a /rl (reload) also helps . Notice same issue at first fight i have around 60 fps and i end up after 4-5 fights to 15 fps. Doing a quick relog it fix it.
Stop using 3d portraits in frames UI like it is shown on your picture .
Make sure u don't have graphic settings (AA , etc.) set on windows graphic board driver different then the ones u are using in games. You might want to set AA to 0 or at least - let game controlled them option.
In game video options - make sure shadow and particle density ground cluster and cluster density set to minimum those are the trickiest.

And the most radical: setup a partition with WinXP only for wow - Vista on laptops is the recipe to get a slow system (or at lest 7).
Also dont use the Vista or laptop manufacturer graphic drivers just install the last ones from nvidia .