DECLINED: Retribution Paladin - Legendpalä

Legendpala

Nov 28, 2016
I am already in the guild but I will introduce myself again. My name is Nikola, I am 23 years old and I have been playing WoW since 2008.
As I am already in the guild I will answer the question I am applying for. Why am I interested in raiding? Well, I haven't started raiding earlier as you didn't need that many melee dps and I have just started Legion. I wanted to learn more about Legion, gear up a bit and get some traits and I think I am viable now for raiding. I have always been a raider, since I started play WoW and I like raiding very much.
I have been playing only WotLK. I have cleared all raids there on all difficulties. In Legion I did Emerald Nightmare on Mythic 7/7(in 7.1.5), ToV heroic 3/3 and NH heroic 10/10. I have mostly been in pick up groups and was in a few alt/social runs Lumaa is leading.

A way to contact you outside of this site.
Joja#21536

BattleNet: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/turalyon/Legendpal%C3%A4/simple
WoWprogress: https://www.wowprogress.com/character/eu/turalyon/Legendpalä
Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/20753209/latest/
Alt run HC: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/8BTyCaxWZ74R36nt
Alt run normal: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/CMv3Y4cj1JWwDtbT

Addons: Deadly Boss mods, recount, RC Loot Council

Menya

Predicts the future: Thera will never get Moon
Staff member
May 4, 2015
I would like to have seen a bit more effort in an application. This is our first impression of you. Being in the guild and having someone to vouch for you as a player is good, but the effort and time you will take to write more about yourself shows also the effort and time you might put into raiding or your character. If anyone is struggling to make one (either cause of language or isn't sure how to format it), can also sneak peak some of the other apps. The well made ones can be spotted from first glance.
Of course there are exceptions to this, and I gladly want to be proven wrong.

So to cut to the chase the information here raises for me more questions than answers.
Are those all the addons you are using?
If yes how do you track your personal dps cds?
Do you use weak auras?
Do you have an off spec? Do you use it? If yes, how far is your weapon AP?
Can you give us a screenshot of your UI?
Can you make all the main raiding days normally? (unless emergency)
Are you comfortable with criticism?
You say you raided with pick up groups in Legion. Was the 7/7 mythic with those groups? (I am assuming yes, from the 7.1.5 comment)
Why did you stop raiding in Wotlk?
In Wotlk you say you cleared all raids there? Were they the current ones? In which guild? Did you clear as a paladin or were you playing another class? Was it on another server?

Korka

Korka
May 4, 2016
We raided together for about 6 years on WotLK private servers, so we kind of have same experience as far as I know. And you can check for the weapon on wowprogress, which is why I think he linked it, but I think he got 54 tomorrow. That's as far as I'll say since I saw a pop-up the rest he'll answer.

OP
L

Legendpala

Nov 28, 2016
Are those all the addons you are using? If yes how do you track your personal dps cds?
I am also using ExtraBar addon and Doom_CooldownPulse for tracking dps cds.

Do you use weak auras?
I am not using Weak Auras beacuse of my low PC configuration.

Do you have an off spec? Do you use it? If yes, how far is your weapon AP?
My off spec is Holy. At the moment i am not using it because i was working on traits for my main spec(ret), now when it is finally on 54 traits i will starting putting AP in holy weapon. it's 30 i think.

Can you give us a screenshot of your UI?
yes i can. http://prnt.sc/em8hxd
Just to mention every single spell is binded, but you cant see it beacuse i disabled Actionbar 1 left, Actionbar 2 right.
I am also using macros like.
" /cast [help][@targettarget,help] Lay of Hands " (i saved tanks life so many times with this)
" /cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][@player] Lay of Hands " (If i need to heal some1 who has low HP in my raid or party)
I use a lot of PvP macros(focus target stuns, interrupts, targeting)

Can you make all the main raiding days normally? (unless emergency)
Yes i can, except alt raids, i don't like having alts and gearing them up. I am playing only with paladins.

Are you comfortable with criticism?
Of course I am, I'm always ready to receive some criticism and learn something new from it.

You say you raided with pick up groups in Legion. Was the 7/7 mythic with those groups? (I am assuming yes, from the 7.1.5 comment)
Yes, i puged those raids, watched few videos on YT about fights and cleared everything with good group.

Why did you stop raiding in Wotlk?
I am playing WOTLK like 6 years i think. I stopped because I moved to retail for the first time. But periodically i login on wotlk server to help my guild if they call me and need me.

In Wotlk you say you cleared all raids there? Were they the current ones? In which guild? Did you clear as a paladin or were you playing another class? Was it on another server?
Yes i did. On Gamer-District in guild Heroes of the Alliance. Yes with retribution paladin.
http://prnt.sc/em8s7q

Reactions: Korka

Pekke

Ready for raiding!
Aug 10, 2016
I am strongly against things like "he's my friend get him in raids cause he's my friend". But i know Legendpala as long as i know Korka. And here i vouch for him not as i would for friend but for competent raider (with whom i raided in WotLK) who can adapt and adjust very easy and fast.
Though we did only M+ so far in Legion (i am lazy ass) i am sure he will be great addition for a raid. Also he worked extra on getting 54 traits for retri and clearing content to match to our guild's progression so he can apply as "ready for mythic raiding" character.
And i am sure he will gladly accept both bad and good critics and i am sure he will try and correct things that were criticized badly.

PS - though he might not be awesome in speaking english he does understand it quite well. But on plus side he has 2(3?) of guild members who can communicate with him on his primary language.