Bunneh

Lafielle

Apr 14, 2007
Is there a 4th type of healthstone that I'm unaware of? Hmm.. and I still find it funny so many people have all their bags showing like that, rather than just one bag button (I just use keybinds even).

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Lafielle said:
Ayu said:
Joyma said:
This UI reminds me of Ayu....

JEALOUSY

When you're ready to be helped Ayu, I'll be there for you.

<3

PS:

wowscrnshot061606230336vd6.jpg

Yeah, it really started worse :D

Arly

Non-Shouter
Oct 3, 2007
See, he has zoomed all the way out, so his druid is small, to be able to see him behind all the stuff....!

Ayu, You should rename to:

Magootpsm.gif

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
My Cowtip tooltip addon broke this morning. And wow, are the tooltips now HUGE (yes, even for me). Don't believe me?

wowscrnshot032808130809wa8.jpg

OP
Bani

Bani

Apr 13, 2007
Berlin
laughs at my pwetty UI's expense aside, anyone got suggestions? Specifically the chat could use some improvements methinks

Lafielle

Apr 14, 2007
Bani said:
laughs at my pwetty UI's expense aside, anyone got suggestions? Specifically the chat could use some improvements methinks

I'd lose all the extra windows myself. Do you have Prat? I know a few people have been saying it's bugged just now but I've had no problems with it.

I also use a mod called Elephant which records something like 250 lines of text of each type (Guild, whispers, partychat, custom channels etc) which makes it really easy to look back and see if there's something you've missed. It also stores stuff after you log off and will stick stuff in your chatbox that is said while you're reloading your UI.

I'd also recommend something like Squeenix or Simpleminimap and that minimap button bag mod Wilandra suggested in Anshrr's thread. I like DeuceCommander myself for cleaning up mod buttons.

Some new unitframes might be an idea, Pitbull or AG Unitframes are good. And your Grid is ugleh.

Anshrr

#1 LFR Feral for his ILVL
Oct 7, 2005
CERTAINLY NOT DENMARK EWW
I'd just remove the spacing between buttons, so it took less room.... other than that, if it works for you, why change it?
Simpleminimap was good tho, can get rid of the lame buttons n stuff ^^

/edit: Oh and Ayu, learn to UI Scale, m8 ^^

OP
Bani

Bani

Apr 13, 2007
Berlin
thanks for the suggestions :)

I did download Prat, that took care of my chat complaints. I already have a separate tabs for whispers only, don't see why I would need an add-on for that :eek:

For minimap buttons, I see zero gameplay benefits of changing anything with the help of an addon....

Spacing between bars is an issue. atm I use CT_Bottom_Bar because it's ridiculously simple and does what I need (the ability to move bars). If anyone can recommend something SIMPLE for my action bars plx do so!
Bar mod, I don't see the issue either.

I also rearranged most things so that everything is closer together, as with my large screen I had to move my eyes too much to keep track of MT targets, timers, cooldowns, castbar and BigWigs, but that's sorted without add-on now :)

One last thing, those black bars at the bottom of the screen, do they just cover a part of the viewframe or is the viewframe actually resized into widescreen? If it's the latter I'd be interested :p

looks like this now:
wowscrnshot040508154006he3.jpg

K

Kirki

I'm with you! The less addons the better!

Small suggestion that i find really handy: you can set backround transparency to 100% in most bars/windows so you can see what's happening in the space behind them (eg: that black recount square can be annoying imo)

Cronocious

Mar 24, 2007
OP
Bani

Bani

Apr 13, 2007
Berlin
thanks Kirki, but the screenshot was kind of artificial, Recount is only up in raids, where it's filled with bars anyway :p

Ungrouped it actually looks like this:
wowscrnshot040508155224rc9.jpg

and thanks Crono but so far I'm not tempted <3