Android games!

Jaghira

Jul 8, 2009
actually bani, i just got me an Adriod phone, the HTC desire...i must say am well chuffed with it...i only paid 40 squids on my upgrade to get it..and its as good as the new iphone me thinks.

so yeah...gief android games.

OP
Bani

Bani

Apr 13, 2007
Berlin
I have the Nexus One, which is pretty much the same phone, and love it too! Just the games situation is pretty dysmal. I do love Abduction! World Attack though, that's a great little game.

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Games

From XDA:

BigWorldJust said:
Here is a short list to compile some good games that will turn your Samsung Galaxy S into a powered gaming machine. My suggestions include:

Action:
Asphalt HD
Raging Thunder II
Meteor Blitz
Caligo Chaser
Homerun Battle 3D
Sky Force
ExZeus Arcade
Radiant
Backbreaker
Buka
Hungry Shark
HeavyGunner 3D

Casual:
Super Froggy
Hyper Jump
The Moron Test
Paper Toss
Barrr
Gem Miner
Abduction! World Attack
Basketball II
EGGGZ
Poke A Mole
TurboSubs
Slimeball Speedway
Shoot U!

Multiplayer:

Armored Strike
ProjectINF
Battle for Mars
What The Doodle?
Cestos

Puzzle:

Toy Cook by Hangame
Tower Bloxx
Amtalee
Super Tumble
Kumpa
Jewellust
Bonsai Blast
Bebbled
Glow Puzzle
Graviturn Extended
LightUp
Totemo
Tangram Pro

Strategy:
Robo Defense
Hotel Mogul
GeoQuiz

RPG:
Zenonia

Emulators:
Nesoid
Gameboid
psx4droid

OP
Bani

Bani

Apr 13, 2007
Berlin
Amazing idea :D

Doesn't really fit my "I'm on the toilet and/or phone with 90 seconds to spare" target group of android games though :p

Braque

Dec 14, 2005
Wow! That's just a Flight Control (massively successful iPhone game) rip off!

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
How is it a rip off, did the creators of the iPhone game actually make an Android version?

Braque

Dec 14, 2005
Because it's just a copy of someone else's game design. It's not exactly a controversial position to take, to call it a rip off, Joy. I was simply expressing surprise that they would/could be so blatant about it.

Think of it like this: If someone made an exact Mario copy and called it "The Plumber Game", Nintendo would sue, and win.

This is the same, except obviously the people who made Flight Control haven't managed to get it taken down yet.

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Because it's just a copy of someone else's game design. It's not exactly a controversial position to take, to call it a rip off, Joy. I was simply expressing surprise that they would/could be so blatant about it.

Think of it like this: If someone made an exact Mario copy and called it "The Plumber Game", Nintendo would sue, and win.

This is the same, except obviously the people who made Flight Control haven't managed to get it taken down yet.

Perhaps legally, you're right, but then there wouldn't be much to discuss. If the guys who designed the original game don't make their own Android version, I see no problem in another company doing so, seeing they are in a totally different market. It might actually make the whole genre more popular and known and inspire others to buy the version for the iPhone, when they saw people play it on Android.

Braque

Dec 14, 2005
Joy: Small/indie developers don't necessarily have the time and resources to bring a polished product to market quickly on multiple platforms. That doesn't automatically make their design fair game for others to just steal outright.

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Joy: Small/indie developers don't necessarily have the time and resources to bring a polished product to market quickly on multiple platforms. That doesn't automatically make their design fair game for others to just steal outright.

Again, a legal point, how is it bad for them though?

Braque

Dec 14, 2005
What if they are working on a port? Or are negotiating a licensed deal with another developer?

Jaghira

Jul 8, 2009
what i think is, we should lay off the apple sucking and droid bashing...loyalties to a certain brand/make are all well and good but heck we all have freedom to choose what we want/like

now braque, go make android games instead of the pinapple ones plx.oke thanks bye.

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Not bashing anything, neither is Braque, it's a valid discussion imho.

Ded

is Ded
Mar 4, 2007
You made the "Android is REAAL mobile platform" thread though, Jaggy! That's brand-bashing in thread form :O

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
I did that.

And prove me wrong, iOS4 is just available on iPhone after all ;)