ACCEPTED (social): Wildrake - Ele/Resto - Turalyon (An optimistic application)

Wildrake

One letter makes all the difference
Jun 5, 2017
Hey folks,

Below is an optimistic application!

A Little Background

My name is Andy and I've been playing WoW for many many years. I've been a raider for most of my WoW playing time and I've really enjoyed it playing a variety of characters. Most of my raiding time has been spent playing with my IRL friends in a guild we set up way back in Vanilla.

Recently, most of my friends have had to to stop playing WoW for a multitude of reasons. Some of them have real life commitments, some have just gotten bored of the game,. You know how it goes!

Anyway, to cut a long story short, Legion hasn't been a very successful raiding expansion for us. As a result, a few months back I decided to hang up my pauldrons and retire. However, last week the WoW bug bit me again and a renewed my sub. Of course my guild has essentially shut down, but I still really want to play. As a result. I'm looking for a new home!

Honesty

So I have some pretty poor gear, but I think I'm a good player(!). I thought I could maybe apply to you guys and rather than join your main roster, I could raid on your alt raid? Not sure if that's something you guys would be willing to allow or consider? But I figured the best thing to do would be upfront and honest right away.

Of course, my ultimate goal would be to raid with you guys full time as part of your main team, but I figured if you guys liked my app, but took a look at my toon and just laughed, this might be a happy medium!

About Me

Raiding

So as I said earlier, I've been playing since Vanilla. My raiding experience is pretty broad. I was able to complete a lot of Vanilla raid content which was pretty awesome. My guild and I couldn't get passed Twin Emps in AQ and as such we failed completely at Naxx. However the rest of the content we were able to clear. I was playing my Hunter during this time.

When BC dropped, my guild and I were in a pretty good position to hit the dungeons and raids hard, but we lost a lot of out number. As such, our raiding was condensed to only managing to clear the 10 man content. We did this however, and we were able to clear Zul'Aman as a purely 10 man guild with no access to 25 man loot. I believe we were one of the only guilds on Turalyon to have successfully done this!
I played as a Disc Priest during most of this expansion as we had lost a lot of our healers.

For WotLK I'd switched back to being a hunter. Again, we focussed mainly on the 10 man content for this expansion. As each of the raids had a 10 man setting we were ideally situated. We had a lot of early success and we were able to drop Yog'Saron pre-nerf. Again, one of the only guilds on the server to have achieved this I believe?

Cataclysm was an awesome expansion which for the first time, did not 'punish' guilds for only having 10 players. We cleared all the content here, with me playing my Shaman for the first time. I played as both Resto and Ele. We started using WorldOfLogs for the first time during this expansion and I was able to hit a top 10 dps for ele shaman on the Shannox fight. Which was pretty cool.

Unfortunately, I had some personal issues and had to take a year off WoW. Although I leveled and played a little, I wasn't able to raid at all during Pandaria.

I came back for WoD about 9 months in to the expansion and I was able to clear the content with my guild, although I was a little behind initially, I was able to catch up by the end of expansion.
We were only able to clear the content on Normal difficulty, as real life had dropped us back to 1 (or even less!) raids per week.
This was on my Shaman as Resto/Ele again btw.

Now with Legion we started strong and cleared 7/7 on Normal nice and quickly, and even managed to drop Nythendra on HC early on. However, real life reared it's ugly head again and we lost some of our key raiders. A real shame but this is when my guild started to fall apart.
This as a Resto shaman.

What I Want

Might seem a little ruse starting with what I want, rather than than I can offer, but I figure this lets you know more about me.
I'm after a guild that offers a great social aspect, as well as players looking to play the game to a high level! I really want to see everything the game has to offer and have an absolute blast doing it. I've raided with some other guilds during my time, as guest invites and things; some have been awesome and some have been poor. I'm looking for a bunch of like minded folks that I can have fun with and play an awesome game.
I loved the fact that you guys look at creating your own tactics rather than 'cookie cutting' the boss fights. This is something I've done though-out my raiding time and to be honest, it's a major factor on why I'm applying to you guys!
Raiding to me has to be fun, part of that is getting on to a chat service and talking, making jokes and having a laugh while playing. I'm really hoping you guys have the same philosophy as me in that regard. From what I've seen on the forums and posts you guys look like you might well do!

What I Can Offer

Well hopefully you'll be won over by my glorious personality, but failing that(!) I think I'm a solid player and cool guy. Hopefully you're after someone like me in the role of Ele/Resto shaman to fill a gap in your team and you're willing to take a chance.

Contact Info

My BattleTag is Swigglitz#2245

My Email is [email protected] and so is my Skype.

The Usual Stuff

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/turalyon/wildrake

My gear is pretty poor, but as I've only just come back after a 2xpatch break I'm hoping this can be forgiven. I am showing signs of improvement.

Addons

Boy do I love addons. I use a lot, but I won't mention and of the cosmetic or featureenhanceing ones like Auction/Mailbox/Bag tools etc.

ElvUI(Slightly Customised)
Grid
Clique
WeakAuras
Details
MIK's scrolling battletext
BigWigs
LittleWigs
Kui Nameplates
Deathnote

Macros

I used to use a lot of MouseOver Macros for healing, but I've since switched to a Clique/Grid set up recently and I find the rapid customisation to be great. I'm currently using a Razor Naga for most of my key binds.
As a result, I use the following very simple macros for quality of life.

#showtooltip
/stopcasting
/cast [@focus,exists][@target] Wind Shear

and

#showtooltip
/stopcasting
/cast Gust of Wind

Final Words

Finally, I just wanted to day thanks for taking the time to read my app. I know I might not be in a position to rock up and start throwing down the Healing/DPS you might expect from a better geared player, but I'm hoping you might be able to see beyond that and give me a shot.

You folks look like a fun guild with a great attitude, and I think I'd fit in really well.

Cheers!

Andy

P.S. I'm an Ele/Resto Shaman btw! I might have forgotten to mention that above!

Reactions: Wytes

Lumaa

The better and more sophisticated ***luma.
Jan 6, 2016
Hey Wildrake,

Thanks for the app, we'll discuss it and get back to you!

Kind regards,
Lumaa

Galatea

Oct 28, 2005
Do tell your older char names/guilds.... Some of us in here have also been about (off and on) since Vanilla!

Don't mind me, I'm just the nosey old lady ;)

OP
Wildrake

Wildrake

Jun 5, 2017
Hey,

Yeah I've played on a few characters over the years. The main ones were Badvok the Dwarf Hunter, Tsuran the Orc Shaman, Berek the Dwarf Priest and now Wildrake thew Dwarf Shaman.

I've played mainly in my current Guild, which is the Esocteric Church of Dagon, but I have raided back in Vanilla with Fides Invictus, and then a bit in BC with a guild called Seven, and then in Cata I was raided with a guild called Elements which was a pretty cool.

Andy

Smaj

RawR!
Staff member
Jan 7, 2013
Hey Wildrake,

I'm happy to let you know we'd like to accept you as a social for now, you can then sort out gear etc to join our alt raids and we can take it from there. Welcome! Please give any of our officers a shout for a guild invite.

Kind regards,
Smaj

Last edited:
Reactions: Wytes
OP
Wildrake

Wildrake

Jun 5, 2017
Hey,

That's awesome! I'll be around tonight to sort it out!

Cheers folks!

Andy

Galatea

Oct 28, 2005
Stop putting Andie/Andy's in the guild!

I kid I kid ...... maybe ;)

(wut? Could think of nothing else offtopic for the thread?) :p