[ACCEPTED] Raider Application: Själknarkarn - Ravencrest - Destruction - Warlock

Hanjal

Apr 17, 2018
Tell us about yourself: My name is Hannes i am from Stockholm, Sweden I have been playing WoW since 2007 (except for Mists) And I have been raiding more seriously since the beginning of Warlods. ;:)

Battle Tag: Hanjal#2468

Armoury link: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/ravencrest/själknarkarn

What traits are your weapons at? What legendaries have you obtained? 78 Destro 76 Affli 67 Demo. Have all legendaries for Destro/Affli.

Warcraft Logs:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/ravencrest/själknarkarn

Your UI in raid combat: https://imgur.com/a/BWiUg

Why are you applying to MM? How did you hear about us? Do you know anyone here? Recruited via wowprogress. :>)
Why are you leaving your current guild? If we were to look at your guild history, would we find anything concerning? Mainly disagreements in management and attitude towards raiding.

Raiding experience while current: 7/7 EN 6/10 NH 6/9 ToS 7/11 ATBT

What is your main spec? How long have you played this? Destruction which i have been playing for about 6-7 months. Played hunter and priest before that.

What is your stat priority? Explain Why. Versa > Crit > Haste > Mastery > Int. Because I simmed it. :^)

Why should we bring your class/spec to a raid? What do you feel is the defining feature of your class/spec? I'm a Warlock, we are pretty good right now.

What addons do you use to enhance your performance? DBM Weakauras Dominos and Shadowed UnitFrames for the most important stuff.

Where do you find the latest information in relation to your class? lockonestophop.com

What do you do outside of a raid to improve your character, play style and performance? Run some m+ and hit dummies if I feel the need.

Do you ever change around talents depending on the encounter? If so please, give an example. No because destro doesn't actually have any choices.

What is your offspec? How comfortable would you be if we asked you to raid as your offpsec? Can play affliction at a decent level but I'm pretty garbage at demo(not that I expect to play it a whole lot anyway).

We raid Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays 20:00-23:00 Server Time. Are you able to commit to these times and days? Yes.

Can you accept criticism? If not then do not apply, we frown upon shifting blame a lot more than people admitting to mistakes and improving on it. The more criticism the better as long as it is constructive.

Do you have a mic? Do you have a proper setup and internet connection to play the game competitively? (that is, at least 30 and ideally more fps in raids) Definitely.

We all need the occasional raiding day off for various reasons, but we expect these reasons so to be fully disclosed at as early a time as possible to make planning an easier process. Have you any planned absences in the foreseeable future that we should know about? No.

Do you have anything else to add? Not really.

Smaj

RawR!
Staff member
Jan 7, 2013
Heya,

Thanks for your app! We'll discuss it and get back to you soon.

Kind regards,
Smaj

Menya

Predicts the future: Thera will never get Moon
Staff member
May 4, 2015
Not much details in your application or effort to give some extra info apart from the yes/no answering, like what are the chars you cleared mythic EN and Nighthold, why did you change from another class to another main mid-expansion, you can play affliction but will you change for the fights that is obviously better or only if it's asked to.
Also if you can elaborate a bit more to this, some details or examples:
Why are you leaving your current guild? If we were to look at your guild history, would we find anything concerning? Mainly disagreements in management and attitude towards raiding.

OP
H

Hanjal

Apr 17, 2018
Okay sorry, I fucked it up :>). I played shadow/holy priest from the start of WoD until halfway through nighthold when I switched to SV/MM Hunter mainly due to the S2M nerfs making the spec feel slow and boring. The switch from hunter to warlock happened during a few weeks where we weren't raiding and me realizing i just performed better on the warlock (Both switches were of course approved by officers or I would'nt have done them). I currently play affliction on High Command and Coven since I feel those are the only fights where it is strictly better. And the guild problems are mostly people not showing up to raids they have signed for and not much actually being done about it.
I also have an Ilvl 965ish guardian/resto druid i forgot to mention in the OP https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/ravencrest/lövknarkarn

Menya

Staff member
May 4, 2015
Cheers for the reply, will get back to you soon!

Menya

Staff member
May 4, 2015
Accepted for trial via xrealm.
Starting from Wednesday, so there is more time to sort out your signs or any questions you might have until then.

Last edited by a moderator: