ACCEPTED: Raider Application: Rubyshield - Turalyon - Resto - Shaman

Rubyshield

Apr 11, 2018
Tell us about yourself:
My name is Duraid, from Rotterdam, Holland. I'm an ordinary guy who is blessed with an extraordinary wife and two beautiful boys and I work as an Information Engineer. About 5 years ago I took a 4 year break from wow, after playing for many years (since 2007-2008). I've always raided I raid leaded when I was asked to, I was in a guilds officers team, I was a GM for a while and now days I like to just be a raider and to follow orders. Less resposiblity, but more fun.

Battle Tag: Duraid#21314

Armoury link: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/turalyon/rubyshield

What traits are your weapons at? What legendaries have you obtained?
80 resto. all bis legendaries (legs - ring) (trinket - chest)
75 elemental all bis legendaries (boots - gloves)

Warcraft Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/turalyon/rubyshield

Your UI in raid combat:
Right now I have no picture for that. Is it ok if I post this later please?

Why are you applying to MM? How did you hear about us? Do you know anyone here?
A friend of mine, Shandril, told me how nice it is on MM. Shandril knows that I rather not raid in the weekend, like I'm doing now in my current guild. The raiding times of MM suit me much better.

Why are you leaving your current guild? If we were to look at your guild history, would we find anything concerning?
I used to originally play with Waste Management. And I do not like to swap guilds. I like to join a guild where I can feel home and stay there, no matter the progress, that will come by its self when there is a good team work. Waste Management was my home untill it got disbanded because of our GM that wants to realm change. Shandril convinced me to join Friday Marines where I am now, but the raiding times of FM are really not good for my social life. I like to spend my weekend with my family. I could not find anything better and I joined FM.
If you would look in my guild history, you will see only positive things.

Raiding experience while current:
9/9 normal and heroic Tomb of Sargeras
3/9 mythic Tomb of Sargeras

11/11 Normal and Heroic Anthorus the Burning Throne
7/11 Mythic Anthorus the Burning Throne

Information of raid progress of previous raids can easily be found on my wow armory page that can be reached by the following link:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/turalyon/rubyshield

What is your main spec? How long have you played this?
Resto is my main spec. I enjoy it endlessly. I am playing it now for nearly a year and a half, and before my break I play it since Firelands.

What is your stat priority? Explain why.
Classically my stats would have to be mastry --> crit --> vers --> haste. But as long as im above 100% mastry i would like to have as much crit as possible. My mastry heals players more if they're lower on health which is amazing, this is called Deep Healing that increases my healing done by the amount of % mastery that I have based on my target's health. Crit will allow me to regain mana from my crit heals. This is called, resurgance. Also crit heals will reduce my cast time of my next heal by 25%, makes stacking haste even more useless. A lot of haste will make me spend too much mana, this is why I need to go for vers above haste.

Why should we bring your class/spec to a raid? What do you feel is the defining feature of your class/spec?
Resto Shaman is very essencial in every raid group. Aoe healing is so high, ordinary healing waves crit over 2m, so single target is really not bad. The cd's are amazing. Spirit Link Totem, or what I like to call, the raid saviour. Healing tide totem, combine with a 2 min 20% healing increase: Ancestral Guidance is really OP. Cloud burst, when used on the right time, can heal up to 20m every 30 sec. Resto shaman utilities are very good. Aoe stun, ranged interrupt, run fast and safe with ghost wolf form with a 24% damage reduction while in ghost form. The are nearly no reasons why you should not bring a resto shaman to your raid. Ank, and Ank totem not to forget. Its like getting a second chance.

What addons do you use to enhance your performance?
DBM - AA - Exsorsus Raid Tools - RSA (spell anounser) - Recount - Vuhdo - WeakAura

Where do you find the latest information in relation to your class?
Discord, MMO, youtube, forums

What do you do outside of a raid to improve your character, play style and performance?
I keep reading and watching video's about resto shaman healing. I search every bit of information that should improve my game play, I test it and change it to my style.

Do you ever change around talents depending on the encounter? If so please, give an example.
Yes for healers thats nearly standard. For some fight you need more single target healing (coven, people with debuffs) and for some fights you need more aoe healing (Varimathras). Further I might change a utility talent, to be able to earth root instead of stun (Aggramar/Coven adds).

What is your offspec? How comfortable would you be if we asked you to raid as your offpsec?
My offspec is Elemental. now that i reached a nice ilvl (968) I think I can pull my waight if I need to go dps. Naturally I love to heal. But I would not refuse if I am asked to dps. I enjoy Elemental too.

We raid Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays 20:00-23:00 Server Time. Are you able to commit to these times and days?
Yes I am able to commit to 100% of these raiding times.

Can you accept criticism? If not then do not apply, we frown upon shifting blame a lot more than people admitting to mistakes and improving on it.
As an Information Engineer, I can write a book about this subject. But in short, criticism should be taken in a positve way if you are someone who like to improve and keep improving. In my work if I have an idea, I go to a colleague of mine who is famous for giving too much criticism. Now I need his criticism if I want my idea to succeed, because without his criticism I would blindly present my idea while it is still containing mistakes or it is missing something I did not think about. From this, I love it when someone gives me some criticism, I benefit more than I if I do not get any. But off cource there is criticism and there are also manners. Without yelling and cursing, even criticism can be accepted much quicker.

Do you have a mic? Do you have a proper setup and internet connection to play the game competitively? (that is, at least 30 and ideally more fps in raids)
I have a mic and run on 90+ fps in raid no matter howmany players. Very good internet connection.

We all need the occasional raiding day off for various reasons, but we expect these reasons so to be fully disclosed at as early a time as possible to make planning an easier process. Have you any planned absences in the foreseeable future that we should know about?
No planes for holidays this year

Do you have anything else to add?
I am looking forward to join MM. I am hoping that MM will be THE place for me that I can call home.

Smaj

RawR!
Staff member
Jan 7, 2013
Hi Rubyshield,

We're accepting you as trial - welcome! I know you said you'll finish the raid week in your guild, so just /w one of our offis when you're ready.

Kind regards,
Smaj

kun

Apr 1, 2017
iF8J2qv_d.jpg

Is this rubyshield you? :D

Antishadow

So, basically Light?
Dec 18, 2015
A SHAMAAAAAN! Welcome brother! :)

That is one old picture :confused:
The times where I was in team 2 lol xD