ACCEPTED: Raider application: Kun – Turalyon – Druid – Feral (application for realsies!)

kun

Apr 1, 2017
Tell us about yourself:
Okiday, so, I'm Claire! I've been in the guild for like, 3/4 weeks now and been enjoying life as a social, however I've noticed you're looking for a feral and hey.... I'm a feral.... ;D
I'm still kinda scrubby a bit but I'm getting there now and thanks to the generosity in the recent alt raids, my gear's lookin' pretty sweet!

Battle Tag:
Cpatz#1390

Armoury link: (log out in main spec gear and include any relevant alts)
http://eu.battle.net/wow/character/turalyon/Kun/

What traits are your weapons at? What legendaries have you obtained?
57, p close to 58. My legendary luck isn't fantastic, I've got the energy ring (which I kinda like tbf) and pouncers which are good. I generally use the belt and pouncers for single target for now, and ring and belt for aoe. But this will all change when I get the two new leggos :) (and I'd love me some luffas Blizz gods if you're reading....)

Warcraft Logs: (apps without logs will be instantly declined)
Bam https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/turalyon/kun I'm a bit rusty so my recent ones ain't the best. But I'm working on it! Check out my HFC logs for a better reflection of the true me :)

Your UI in raid combat: (LFR is fine)
http://imgur.com/a/7natY Does this count? Nothing much changes in combat, I don't like all the floaty text n that. From boss to boss I've got a couple different weak auras n what not.

Why are you applying to MM? How did you hear about us? Do you know anyone here?
You guys have made my transition back to raiding fun enough that I want more already (and I actually enjoyed mythic+. Never thought I'd say that....). I've been on Turalyon forever and used to run a guild here so ofc I know about MM and have always been kinda curious about the tactics thing. It's nice knowing you guys have been around for a long time and that you're not gonna disband or anything if the going gets a bit tough. I've watched pretty much every raid on streams since I joined, and joined some alt runs and my+s and the atmosphere seems pretty spot on here. OH and you don't raid Tuesdays! Big plus (think Garfield but not Mondays)
I know a few of you a bit now from alt runs and M+ and what not, but me and Anti & Marv go way back ;D (not sure that's a good thing!)

Why are you leaving your current guild? If we were to look at your guild history, would we find anything concerning?
Not leaving my current guild, buuuuut I guess we'll go on to Entity. I left Entity mostly due to IRL stuff, but honestly, if the guild didn't change so much I could've pushed to keep on raiding. The raids got more and more hostile and a lot of my buddies quit, coupled with changes with my job meant I wasn't in the right frame of mind to get more pissed off logging into WoW xD so I stopped raiding for a tad in Legion and the guild disbanded (not saying the two are linked, but.. ;D).
My history isn't so bad, I was in TCC for a long time (name changed from Clairey a while ago so it looks less that it actually is) then moved on to Nova and Entity to try and progress a bit more. It kinda upsets me leaving a guild so I don't do it easily, I've still got one or two in TCC just because I can't bring myself to quit :')

Raiding experience while current:
Man, my memory is so bad with this stuff. Blizz changes raid difficulty names so much! I guess the most important stuff is when I joined Nova/Entity, I cleared SoO, HM (bar the last boss -_-), BRF and HFC on mythic with those. BRF I think we struggled clearing, I know we did Blackhand eventually but it was after HFC came out for mounts and "fun".
Before that I was in TCC covering any raids I could until DS when I was adopted by Team 2, we rocked through all MoP stuff (my favourite expansion lol pandas ♥) just having fun really. We eventually merged with Team 1 to tackle the 20 man stuff and then it all kinda went downhill :'( merging a 2 night casual team with a 3 night progress team ehhhh!
In TCC I was officer/raid leader and eventually GM for a while so I've got a bit of experience in all that lot too :)

What is your main spec? How long have you played this?
Feral - errr since May 2007 according to battlenet.

What is your stat priority? Explain why.
Generally it's crit = mastery (agi first but..) and the rest are eh, but I sim myself every now and then to find out my individual stat prios. Crit gives yummy double combo points and mastery increases dmg of our bleeds. Haste can be handy for aoe but once I get the sotf ring then this is less important since energy regen should be increased enough.

Why should we bring your class/spec to a raid? What do you feel is the defining feature of your class/spec?
Who doesn't love staring a kitty cat's furry butt all raid? :3
Feral used to have a lot of utility but slooowly blizz are taking that from us. We can roar and make you all super fast for a little bit, as long as you're stood on the kitty, and with the new traits we can buff your versatility a little bit (the closest 4 players anyway, so you really wanna stand on the kitty). And I'm p quick with a combat rez if people die when I've got a proc. Time your deaths correctly!
Honestly, feral isn't in the best place it's ever been in at the moment but I think the most important thing is what I as a player can bring to a raid. I'm a fast learner who will always do the jobs I'm asked to do and won't moan about it, while pushing feral as far as I can. I tend to only die to a mechanic once, unfortunately I learn from seeing but if I do happen to die to something stupid, you can p much guarantee it's not going to happen again.

What addons do you use to enhance your performance?
The usual I think, Bigwigs, weak auras. I like raiding with other ferals and comparing us on details to see where I can improve myself, not something I get to do too often tho so I usually just study logs.

Where do you find the latest information in relation to your class?
Discord & Warcraftlogs.

What do you do outside of a raid to improve your character, play style and performance?
See above :) Creep on the druid discord channel. Attempt to do M+s ofc and the normal raids for AP and leggos. You wouldn't believe how hard it is to pug M+ as a feral, even with brutal slash. But I love reading about my class and seeing how other people approach feral.

Do you ever change around talents depending on the encounter? If so please, give an example.
Yea, not a whole lot but blood scent + bloodtalons for single target. Predator and brutal slash for aoe. Stuns vortexs etc I'm happy to swap in and out depending on the encounter.

What is your offspec? How comfortable would you be if we asked you to raid as your offpsec?
Ah, that awkward question.... I don't really have an offspec (I just love feral too much :D and I'm a crappy boomkin) I'd be more than willing to learn one, but don't expect miracles!

We raid Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays 20:00-23:00 Server Time. Are you able to commit to these times and days?
Yep!

Can you accept criticism? If not then do not apply, we frown upon shifting blame a lot more than people admitting to mistakes and improving on it.
Absolutely, as long as it's delivered in a nice way and is constructive criticism. Everyone makes mistakes, it's how we learn and I'll always try to rectify mine and having something pointed out to you can only help in that process.

Do you have a mic? Do you have a proper setup and internet connection to play the game competitively? (that is, at least 30 and ideally more fps in raids)
Ya. I'm not the chattiest but I'm comfortable enough with speaking on TS during encounters if something goes awry. My PC is pretty good, my internet/power can be a bit sketchy since I live in the middle of nowhere but it hasn't cut out for a while (totally jinxed that now).

We all need the occasional raiding day off for various reasons, but we expect these reasons so to be fully disclosed at as early a time as possible to make planning an easier process. Have you any planned absences in the foreseeable future that we should know about?
Totally agree - I'm a stickler for organisation. I'm free as a birb :) When football season starts up again I tend to miss the odd Wednesday night to go to champs league/cup matches, but that all depends on how well we do and what not.

Do you have anything else to add?
Um, not really. I'm kinda shy so not all about talking about myself. But if you have any questions, feel free to poke me I'm around a lot :) and hopefully seeing me in alt runs will give you an idea of whether or not I'm a good fit for MM!
And ofc, if you guys don't want me then no hard feelings, but hopefully I can stick around and social raid still! <3

Thanks for reading x

Reactions: Anshrr

Lumaa

The better and more sophisticated ***luma.
Jan 6, 2016
Hey Kun,

Nice to see an app from you! We'll discuss it and get back to you.

Kind regards,
Lumaa

Reactions: kun

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Duh, of course I know them.
Still nothing on this fella though:
s-l300.jpg

Reactions: Galatea

Lumaa

The better and more sophisticated ***luma.
Jan 6, 2016
Hey Kun,

Sorry for the late response, we've decided to accept you for trial!

Kind regards,
Lumaa