Accepted as mage: matdaemon - demon hunter / havoc - stormrage

MatDaemon

Mat Shaemon!
Sep 20, 2016
Why?
You never get anywhere in life, be it work, love, or other, if you don't take the chances that are out there - be it that they are handed to you, or you seize them yourself.

I never lost my desire to raid at the peak of what was on offer, but I took the chance and redirected myself to my family and work. It paid off, got two awesome sprogs - who both help me fish on WoW
icon_e_smile.gif
And now, the reward for that is the time to be able to raid at a level that just isn't there on Stormrage anymore.

So, why? Because I can be a damn good reward, if you take the risk.

Raiding History
Throughout Vanilla/BC/Lich King, I raided on the bleeding edge of realm profession. Vanilla was 100% Alliance, with server firsts contested between ourselves, one other Alliance guild, and THE guild on Horde.

BC - I defected to that Horde guild, with much ribbing from my Alliance home, becoming a Belf Paladin (male, if you were wondering). By the time Illidan fell, I had returned home, and pushed hard through Sunwell, missing out on server first M'uru by several hours.

Lich King, I started on Alliance, but a lot of members had faded away - real life - so a group of us went over to Horde with the launch of Ulduar, but maintained a presence on Alliance. We pushed hard on both sides, with Yogg kills within several weeks of one another on each side of Dalaran. I was the melee DPS officer during LK (Alliance). Twas my role to ensure we knew what to do, when to do it, and not let Mages laugh at us. The OG melee crew was the best group I have had the pleasure of raiding with, we fought one another - but to the benefit of the guild.

Cata/MoP - I dialed it back massively, concentrated on my family and work - took a 6 months job out in Canada, not as cold as you would thinks.

I returned to raiding, current tier, in WoD. In an Alliance of three guilds who were short on members. This worked very well, considering the mindsets ranged from "zzzzz" to "moar dots" and beyond. There, we cleared heroic HM as current content, but lacked the required mindset to tackle BRF Heroic - not that the effort was missing. With HFC, I return late in its life time, as I had been away for 11 months with poor health. Obtained all kills on heroic, though some were post 7.0.

I was one of the officers from Genesis who sat on the council of members between the three guilds, and was part-time raid leader, shared with two others.

Philosophy
I'd like to think this has evolved over the years, but I'd be wrong. It is the same as it was back in Deadmines, and will be until I just can't hold the standard I pride myself in:
Be there, not just in character, but in mind.
Hit / heal it like you mean it
Guide as well as be guided
Put in the right effort, in the right way, and it'll be fun. Don't, and it'll be funny pugging for foreseeable future.

Guild History - Reason for Leaving

Genesis - BC launch
Elitism - To return home for Sunwell
Genesis / Elitism - Genesis stopped raiding / Elitism server transferred
Cata/MoP - Was in several guilds, mostly with friends.
WoD - Genesis in name only - we were part of the AoS (Alliance of Stormrage)
Current - no guild.

Attendance
Attending raids, be it as part of the active roster, or keep the bench warm, won't be an issue mostly. As I have said, I have kids - so events like parent's evenings will crop up from time to time.

Contact
Bnet: BorneGamer#2238
Email: [email protected]

The Usual
Logs:
Alas, the officer of the guild who was responsible for logs, never uploaded any post early access.
Armoury: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Matdaemon/simple
Addons: I try to stay as pure as possible. That being said, I run DBM and Details for raiding.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. And to Smaj, for the twilight chat - Team Jacob! Erm....

Tyche

The Punisher
Dec 30, 2008
The Netherlands
Nice app, Mat! Shame of the crappy name though :D But I think you have an act for it, with 'BorneGamer' and 'Yogamushy', bwhaha. :p Anyway, good luck with your application!

OP
MatDaemon

MatDaemon

Mat Shaemon!
Sep 20, 2016
Nice app, Mat! Shame of the crappy name though :D But I think you have an act for it, with 'BorneGamer' and 'Yogamushy', bwhaha. :p Anyway, good luck with your application!

How dare you! :p. My daughter came up with Yoga Mushy, as she couldn't pronounce Yoda plushy.

Reactions: Tyche

Smaj

RawR!
Staff member
Jan 7, 2013
Hi Mat,

Thank you for your application. We'll discuss it and get back to you soon.

Kind regards,
Smaj

Ozzimandius

The Beard and the Bacon
Apr 30, 2007
man that name really cracks me up. Can't help pronouncing it like an absolute retard in my head.

Smaj

RawR!
Staff member
Jan 7, 2013
Hi Mat,

After your offer last night of going mage, we've decided to take you up on it - welcome, new mage!

Kind regards,
Smaj