A question....

Mista

The Rogue
Aug 28, 2005
Gonna install wow on my dad's computer so I can log on when Im visiting the folks.
The question is, is there some way to save the patches so I dont have to wait for ages for it to download when I install it?
Any file or library that I can save to a disc or so? Or is there a patch to download somewhere that I can download now at home and bring with me?
cheers

Merlijn

Shadow Master
Mar 11, 2009
Just copy your entire WoW directory over. You'll keep keybindings, addons and save yourself the horrors of patching

Jazende

Sacred vines, entangle the corrupted!
Staff member
May 12, 2008
Merlijn said:
Just copy your entire WoW directory over. You'll keep keybindings, addons and save yourself the horrors of patching

^ What he said

OP
Mista

Mista

The Rogue
Aug 28, 2005
A small follow-up question then. My wow folder is 14.3gb. so I cant just copy the whole folder to a dvd. what can I remove? or can I use my install discs and then just copy over certain folders from my computer?

Arly

Non-Shouter
Oct 3, 2007
There is another way. Not very practical, use a program like WinRAR to compress the folder into several files (say 4GB for each DVD). Burn them to the DVD's, copy all into your parents computer and then unrar them there. It will take prolly a few hours to do this though.

Tbone

Apr 4, 2008
Liverpool
Or take ur comp there?
Or not visit your parents and swear that you did visit them n they just forgot
Or send me some money coz I've maxed out my overdraft n my loan doesn't get here til next week and I have no motherboard coz I sent it back and forgot the take the processor out so I'll have to pray that they send me that AND a new mb back :(
Or what he said ^

-toolbone :(