A nice start to 2010

Moy

Jul 12, 2009
Well, the night before 2010 starts and my computer decides it wants to break. so it won't work at all, think its fried from being over-used. so i've had to buy a new computer which has been ordered today. It should arrive in the next 4-5 working days ''or so it said'' so im hoping that by next friday i have a new computer everything up and sorted in which case i'l be back playing world of warcraft with no problems! it's one thing after another, im cursed honestly sigh :( fingers crossed it may come sooner.... :cry: really couldn't afford a new one like but what can you do i suppose :(

Braque

Dec 14, 2005
[youtube:1aqgvl0g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rrxo-GOTkE[/youtube:1aqgvl0g]

Tbone

Apr 4, 2008
Liverpool
Moy said:
why would i be you in disguise O-o?

coz i end up with a gatrillion excuses as to why i can't raid for liek a month.

taking bets on him moving to spain within the next 6 months

Jazende

Sacred vines, entangle the corrupted!
Staff member
May 12, 2008
Tbone said:
Moy said:
why would i be you in disguise O-o?

coz i end up with a gatrillion excuses as to why i can't raid for liek a month.

taking bets on him moving to spain within the next 6 months

I'm betting on no money for subscription after new PC!

Careface

Death by sexy
May 31, 2007
Realised he was gay and is sick of Tyche's constant homophobia.

1000 gold on that

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Careface said:
sick of Tyche

Fixed :D

Inb4
the-punisher-poster-715007.jpg

OP
M

Moy

Jul 12, 2009
lol at some of them excuses, and i can't do much about a dud computer- and yeah i have exams this week and next week - but revising while not having a computer, so i'l be back raiding in no ttyymme! so bored, io went to bed at like.. 11pm last night purely because i was so bored...sucks man - wtb less addiction to wow! Best Buddy i do have money for a sub lol :0 and im not gay neither sick of tyche (yet) :p

OP
M

Moy

Jul 12, 2009
well - i finally found out what was wrong with my computer - part of the motherboard had broke, / went faulty - the graphics card, wireless card won't work when placed in - and anytime anything is socketed into that side of the motherboard the computer crashes instantly when coming on - comes up with something like #error547548758972########### and then blacks out on the screen with both red and green light on. so good thing i am getting a new one.

What Graphics cards does everyone else have out of curiosity, im just wondering if a Nvidia Geforce 8200 is good enough for wow? (or the least for it to run well)?

Croga

Says funny things =)
Sep 9, 2008
The Hellmouth
the 8200 will be dodgy..... on low resolution with low detail it might work but don't count on much..... It's basically the low-range card of 4 series ago.......
I usually run on an ATi 4850 but the nVidia 9700 in my laptop is okay-ish as well. Both run WoW at 1600*1024 windowed, the first one at full detail, the second at minimal detail (only range and spell detail turned up).

If you're looking for a new graphics card the new ATi series are the ones to get at the moment (nVidia seriously lagging behind in both performance and price/performance) with the 5770 and 5830 being the best bang for the buck.

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
The Radeon 4870 is just as fast but a bit cheaper. It does suck moar power tho and it's not DirectX 11 ready so yeah, go for the one Joy said.