[Accepted] Raider application: Virec – Doomhammer – Beast Mastery – Hunter

Virec

Apr 30, 2019
Tell us about yourself:
My name is Alex, I'm a 23 year old Danish dude, who's currently unemployed.

Battle Tag:
Kath#2943

Armoury link (or link wowprogress/raider.io): (log out in main spec gear and include any relevant alts)
https://raider.io/characters/eu/doomhammer/Virec

Warcraft Logs:
Don't have a whole lot of logs, as I've exclusively pugged for a while.
But there's a log for 1 Heroic BoD run here
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/charac...ec?mode=detailed&zone=21#zone=21&difficulty=4

Your UI in raid combat:
I don't have any screenshots from a raid encounter, but here's how my UI looks:
https://imgur.com/a/TwcIkh8

Why are you applying to MM? How did you hear about us? Do you know anyone here?
Well, I applied about 3 years ago and was part of the guild, albeit on trial, until a discussion got out of hand.
Antishadow, a real-life friend of mine convinced me to talk things over with Tyvi, and if given a green light, apply again.

Why are you leaving your current guild? If we were to look at your guild history, would we find anything concerning?
I've mostly been in my own guild for a while, only leaving it on a few occasions to join a social guild.
I was in Infidels for a bit, until their raid team fell apart the first time around.

Raiding experience while current:
Since I've been raiding since Vanilla, I'll only post noteworthy experience.
Icecrown Citadel 10: Heroic - 11/12.
Blackwing Descent 25: Heroic - Cleared.
Bastion of Twilight 25: Heroic - 4/5.
Throne of Four Winds 25: Heroic - Cleared.
Dragon Soul 25: Heroic - Cleared.
Siege of Orgrimmar 10: Heroic - Cleared, Server 2nd.
Hellfire Citadel: Mythic - Cleared.
And then only Heroic clears since Legion launch, missing G'huun.

What is your main spec? How long have you played this?
Beast Mastery since late vanilla, only having swapped to Marksmanship briefly during times where Beast Mastery wasn't viable (Icecrown Citadel, Dragon Soul and Hellfire Citadel).

What is your stat priority? Explain why.
Secondary stats for Beast Mastery is pretty close, with Haste > Mastery being the best by a small margain.
Currently I'm putting focus on Mastery for the burst due to Mythic+, prefering the higher AoE damage Mastery provides for doing +15's.

Why should we bring your class/spec to a raid? What do you feel is the defining feature of your class/spec?
Beast Mastery brings a lot of single-target AND AoE on-demand burst, through stacking Bestial Wrath with Aspect of the Wild and a triple stack of Barbed Shot (90% increased attack speed on pet).
Besides the damage, we have a lot of mobility and a couple of slows, one being AoE.

What addons do you use to enhance your performance?
The only AddOn I use that really directly enhance my performance would be WeakAuras, helping me keep track of Barbed Shot stacks on my pet.

Where do you find the latest information in relation to your class?
Icy-Veins, MMO-Champion and Bloodmallet.

What do you do outside of a raid to improve your character, play style and performance?
I play a lot of Mythic+ with a gang of friends, trying to work out how to effectively push higher and higher keys.
Also PvP a bit, on a variety of characters, to stay up to date with the different tool-kits of other classes.

Do you ever change around talents depending on the encounter? If so please, give an example.
I hardly ever change my talents for Beast Mastery, simply due to the fact the other talents are no-where near competitive.
The only talents I might want to swap would be Natural Mending for either Camouflage or Trailblazer, for the stealth or movement speed increase. And even then, you give up a great self-healing talent.
The other talent would be Posthaste for Binding Shot, if an AoE root is needed on-demand. However I have a hard time envisioning this being useful in a raid, atleast the current tier due to the nature of Binding Shot, requiring the mobs to move out of the circle for it to proc the root.

What is your offspec? How comfortable would you be if we asked you to raid as your offpsec?
Ideally I'd be able to swap between Beast Mastery and Marksmanship, but at this time I have no Azerite traits for Marksmanship, that would allow me to swap without losing a huge chunk of DPS.
I'm perfectly capable of playing Marksmanship, and I'm doing my best to collect Azerite items with the traits wanted to make it competitive.
As for Survival, I don't have a whole lot of practise with it after they reworked it in Legion, as I prefer to play a Ranged on Hunter.

We raid Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays 20:00-23:00 Server Time. Are you able to commit to these times and days?
Yeah, no problem with that at all.

Can you accept criticism? If not then do not apply, we frown upon shifting blame a lot more than people admitting to mistakes and improving on it.
Sure can. I believe criticism is an important tool to help you improve, as long as it's delivered appropriately.
Do you have a mic? Do you have a proper setup and internet connection to play the game competitively? (that is, at least 30 and ideally more fps in raids)
Yep.

We all need the occasional raiding day off for various reasons, but we expect these reasons so to be fully disclosed at as early a time as possible to make planning an easier process. Have you any planned absences in the foreseeable future that we should know about?
Not that I'm aware of.

Do you have anything else to add?
I've played a wide variety of classes and specs, and do my best to maintain an alt for each role (Tank/Healer/Ranged/Melee), and I don't mind swapping if it benefits an encounter more than my Hunter.

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Accepted for trial, poke an officer for invite.